Reviews for The Dispossessed
shieldmaiden-of-rivendell chapter 1 . 6/29/2014
I'm not really a poetry person but I love this.
RavenLady chapter 1 . 3/10/2005
"And *you* are called the Dispossessed."

A brilliant twist. This is beautifully written and it expresses their relationship very well.
Leslie Lady of Light chapter 1 . 9/14/2004
Very sweet. Some of the lines read a little awkwardly or could have been better worded but the overall effect is one bittersweet you've done a good job, I'd say!

I'm a huge Feanor fan, so off to read more by the Feanorians!
go elves chapter 1 . 12/22/2003
WOW. I'm quite impressed. Loved it, really.
"When silken words and iron will"
Caporal chapter 1 . 8/25/2002
*/sniffle*/ It's so good! I love this, it's so sad, and captures the essence of their relationship so well. You summed it all up in the last line: *And *you* are called the Dispossessed.*

Nerdanel was more bereaved than her husband or any of her sons. I'm speechless. It's too good.

Le Chat Noir chapter 1 . 4/20/2002
Ok, I'm going to review this... but I have nothing to say. It's like, either I write three pages of review and praises, either it's nothing. This is absolutely wondrous. Magnificent. Wonderful. Yeah, and add all the synonyms you can find to the words 'great' and 'beautiful'. I love how you subtitled it 'A love poem', because you've captured the tale of Fëanor and Nerdanel so well... her whole innocent love and his burning spirit and the despair after it all in the line 'I was the moth and you the flame' Incredible. And just realised that I said a lot for someone who had nothing to say... Anyway. This is most amazing. I do hope to see more poems of yours!
alena chapter 1 . 4/20/2002
I'm blushing like mad...

"I was the moth and you the flame..." That catches the fundamental tragedy of these two so well. And now she is left alone, feeling her sons die one by one: just about the most heartbreaking fate one could imagine. What a sad and beautiful poem.
Finch chapter 1 . 4/19/2002
Finally Nerdanel - She has always been among those I feel most sorry for. This piece of true poetry does her full justice - but not just by pitying her. She has a presence. And her 'sweet beloved sons' - we have come to regard them as anything but sweet, but its good to be remineded that's what they are to Nerdanel, even the harshest of them.
Soledad too lazy to log in chapter 1 . 4/19/2002
This is a beautiful poem. I so envy people who can write poetry... especially so well.

''Cast aside by history'', indeed.

That is just too sad. Considering,t hat they had seven (!) sons, while few Elven couples had more tahn two children, they must have loved each other very much once. And now this.

Who said that married life in the Tolkien universe was a happy one?
Forget Yesterday chapter 1 . 4/19/2002
Oh, wow... that was absolutely beautiful! Even sounds almost Tolkien-ish! I love it, and I'm glad to someone on here who actually has read all the books and not just guessing their way through 'cause all they've done is seen the movie.

Very nice work!
Deborah Judge chapter 1 . 4/19/2002
Oh, yes. The hottest Elflord in Arda indeed.

'having felt the touch of flames, I dare not love.'

'memories of fire'

For all her bitterness, though, one imagines that if Nerdanel had the choice she'd do it again. He 'paid the price no one would pay' - but so did she, and that's why she was suited for him, that she was also willing to give everything to gain that which she most desires.