Reviews for Sword and Shield: Volume 1: Picking up the Pieces
mc.zero chapter 25 . 5/24
fucking amazing story, really enjoyed every part of it, specially cause i had no fucking idea of how would you develop it
Mei-chiri chapter 1 . 6/14/2016
My god, why did I take this long to find out about this story. But now that I just finished the first one, I just can't wait for all other volumes to come out!
Guest chapter 1 . 10/4/2015
Pls update... I keep on waiting 4the volume 3...this so nice story...
Guest chapter 1 . 6/23/2015
Where can I read this volume 3 and last page pls update soon love your story much...
Guest chapter 25 . 12/26/2014
Where can i read the this fanfic
kanSur chapter 25 . 8/19/2014
nicely written! thanks stellar Magic
bit mature on their charac but still able to maintain their persona, im fan of melissa & kurz
SkoRn3d chapter 2 . 7/23/2013
Well thought out and bloody enticing, my goodness, I was already on a little buzz with this story while I was reading the Table of Contents - but now that bloody prologue has just gone and lit a fire up under me _ I'm so excited to read this volume and all the other 18 or so that come after it.
I really think it's gonna be such a fun experience. I haven't read the light novels, I've seen Panic! Fumoffu? and Second Raid though but even without that extra knowledge I still reckon that I'm going to enjoy this thoroughly.
Moonlight Serenity chapter 24 . 7/10/2013
So I read all of this over the course of a few days recently and didn't have time to leave a review. I must say that you've taken on quite the commitment here, but I truly hope you'll be able to complete it. This continuation has been absolutely perfect. I've been reading it so eagerly. You really managed to capture all of the characters so well. This situations and plot are totally awesome, too. I still feel like I'm reading the manga and/or light novels.
Ze Sky chapter 24 . 6/28/2013
Excellent warfare narration and military politics depiction. The level of organization is superb too.
GeshronTyler chapter 25 . 5/12/2013
This teaser certainly raises anticipation for more in your series. I especially like that some of Kaname's friends are being drawn into the story. I tend to dislike the sort of "everything goes back to normal/protagonists simply go back to normal lives" conclusion that the original series ended with (though at least it wasn't a complete "reset"). Also that for the most part friends and (most importantly) family played little part in the story, other than bystanders. Aside from the Assault on Tokyo where Kaname was captured (turning your best friend into a bomb... authors can be really vicious at times as well).

I'll also be looking forward to watching as your "intrepid investigative reporter" begins to discover the "shadow world" of "Black Technology", and the legacy of the "Whispered".

I make an effort to respect an author's vision, so while I am dismayed at the part the US has played so far, I have hope that with Russia entering the stage soon enough as well, that there will be a chance for the rift between Japan and the US to narrow as the story progresses. FMP unfortunately never had a very strong fandom, so I'm glad to be able to read your story. I've enjoyed it so far, and am happy to see that you plan to continue.
Rimtuuk chapter 25 . 5/12/2013
Great preview, looking forward to reading the story!
Nimbus11 chapter 24 . 4/1/2013
Pls...update this story now! I've been checking everyday for updates and its killing me.
Thot84 chapter 24 . 2/17/2013
I have to say, that it's a real pleasure to read your stories. Yes, plural: I was quite astound how many piece of work of yours I already read without knowing they were all from you. It's quite unusual to find a good writer, who has the same interest in fandoms as myself (Mass Effect, Harry Potter, Star Wars and Full Metal Panic).

The reason why I finally write a review to one of your stories, is that this one presents the most coherent picture of the respective figures compared to the original ones. Granted, this is a self-invented sequel, not a AU like some others - though I really like your Luke/Mara in 'Infinitive Rebellion' - but it's especially your intertwining of the drama elements with the Fumaffo spirit that convinces me.

Another strong point is your way of creating a new setting for the rest of your sequel-series: Mithril turns away from the 'international fire brigade' to a local whispered protection organisation. But at the same time you leave open the door for the whole Arm Slave business with the 'protection for Japan' stuff.

Do I believe that the Americans/the President would act that way: Not completely, although with the different backround of a continuing cold war, it isn't so far fetched. Never the less, the more unbelievable a setting is (Whispered, the Arm Slaves, a teenage super soldier like Sousuke) the more believable the figures have to act, and that's what you clearly prove in Sword and Shield.

FYI: When Kurz says 'auf wiedersehen' during the blowing up job of the toy box, you would have to write 'Wiedersehen' with a capital letter at the beginning, since it is a noun. But it's not a big deal.

BTW: Could you give a little warning before you possibly close down your account if a publisher requests it of you? I completely understand their/your thinking and appreachiate you not taking fanfiction toooo seriously, but it would be a shame/personal loss not being able to read these "writing exercise[s]" anymore.

All the best of luck,

Thot
Penelope Carolyn Cullen chapter 24 . 1/24/2013
I love this fanfic I can't wait to start reading Volume #2 : A Family Visit :-)
Guest chapter 24 . 1/24/2013
I love this fanfic I can't wait to start reading Volume #2 :A Family Visit :-)