Reviews for War of Words
Guest chapter 1 . 1/28/2013
This is a very good story
Aeidhryn chapter 1 . 10/29/2011
My first thought was: Wow! Discworld! 3!

My ending thought was: Hmm, I'm not sure if Death really would have had such a view on Jane's act.
superwoman1015 chapter 1 . 8/16/2011
Red John would have to have death come for him personally. Loved this, especially the interaction with Jane. I almost wish we could see him talk to everyone, but I don't think they would all be as open to it as Jane is. Wonderfully done.
Miss Peg chapter 1 . 8/16/2011
I WAS the first person to review this *pouts*. But FFnet failed and it wouldn't send and well, you just reminded me of that fact. I read it this morning, finished reading it and reviewing by 10.02 ready to begin my schedule for the day. Damn thing. Anywho, here it is.

Curiouser and curiouser...another great installment in what could end up being a Discworld/Mentalist collection of sorts. You've certainly captured two significant moments in Jane's life and written about them in such a great way. I wonder if a prequel, to the night of Jane's family's death would be possible? Since it is eluded to in this story.

'Characters like RJ couldn't accept that they were dead' - what a hilarious notion, that because he is who he is, he would refuse to believe that, in actual fact, he has been killed.

Death a figment of the imagination? Well, RJ, some could say that you are...since you've been so elusive.

Two skeletons having a conversation, how funny.

Yes Jane, you're potentially going mad, but what's new there?

Mortals having power to override fate? That's quite an interesting concept right there. That Jane can shoot Red John, kill him mercilessly and yet, it isn't part of fate? It actually pissed death off? Wonderful.

I do find it intriguing that Jane would consider the impact RJ's death could have on those that care about him. Of all the things to feel, after gaining his long hoped for revenge.

Wonderful.
MerriWyllow chapter 1 . 8/16/2011
I like this a lot, but I don't quite know how to say why. It's both twistedly amusing and DEADLY serious at the same time, but those seem to be surface qualities. It could be quite poignant, but... well... father of a cat, indeed.