Reviews for The Hopes and Dreams Of Sam Winchester
BlackIceWitch chapter 3 . 1/4/2012
Really nice rounding up. Poor Sam. He got so close. What's worse never even knew about the forces ranged against him.

Beautifully written, beautifully realised look into Sam's heart. Keep writing - a LOT!
BlackIceWitch chapter 2 . 1/4/2012
The dialogue is perfect. It's easy to forget Sam and John's readiness to fight, but you've brought it all back with enormous sympathy. Hope the show writers are reading your backstory!
BlackIceWitch chapter 1 . 1/4/2012
This is gorgeous. As superb as the casting of young Sam is in the series, your writing has matched it. It flows beautifully, full of emotion and the information contained is transferred by osmosis.

Just lovely!
stephaniew chapter 3 . 11/17/2011
*sigh* Another great chapter. Haunting and lovely. The continued image of the flames is a wonderful device here. And you really catch Sam's feelings/thoughts as well. Seeing this future he had all planned out just go poof...ugh. Also loved that you caught how he would now understand John felt about tracking Mary's killer. Good good stuff! I'm a little sad this one is complete!
stephaniew chapter 2 . 11/17/2011
So very sorry it's taken me so long to review this! I very much enjoyed it. I think you definitely captured Sam's thoughts as he walked away from the hunt. And I can only imagine Dean's desperation as he has to watch his brother go. Your prose is really great here also! Loved this: "The words haunt him, echoing in his mind as he walks, foot one in front of another, sun beating down onto his back. Beads of sweat are sliding down the sides of his face, his dark hair clinging to the skin of his forehead. His jaw is clenched tightly, he's trying to forget." So wonderfully descriptive!
FallenAngel218 chapter 1 . 11/16/2011
I like angsty pre-teen Sammy! Write on!
Wynefred chapter 3 . 11/13/2011
There's so much to love in this short chapter that I don't know where to begin. My thoughts are all a jumbled pile of goo thanks to you. I've tried several times to write a decent, coherent review but I had to discard all my attempts. This is just so well done!

I will say this: I'm a Deangirl through and through, but you really made me love Sam here and ache for him. Poor Sammy!
Wynefred chapter 2 . 11/13/2011
Chilling, haunting, and so very well done! His "Watch me" gave me goosebumps... I could so clearly see the look on his face as he said this. And I loved how you ended it; these lines were perfect:

"John told him to stay away.

That's what he plans on doing."

Another great chapter!
Wynefred chapter 1 . 11/13/2011
I love this look at young Sammy's first hunt. His thoughts about his dad seem very true to character. And Dean swooping in to save the day was just perfect! Good job. Looking forward to the next chapter.
Woman of Letters chapter 3 . 9/18/2011
I also think this is very vivid. I loved the transition between Jess burning and her picture, the contrast between her dislike of roses and the flowers on her grave.

You have a lot of road imagery in here and you use it well.

Are you going to continue this or is this the last chapter?
Mali Bear's Buddy chapter 3 . 9/18/2011
Oh, wow. Like WOW, wow.

This was visually breathtaking. The way you described Jess as though she was saving him with whispers and tender kisses. How the flames engulfed everything - including her body. Sam at her grave with roses that she would have mocked him for bringing her. I could *see* it playing out...which I don't have to tell you is something you rarely see.

Your flow was magical. For such a short piece, it felt longer. I could feel a lump forming in my throat as I neared the end.

Very well done.
Mali Bear's Buddy chapter 2 . 9/18/2011
This was beautifully heartbreaking. Tons of feeling and emotional pop. I could feel Sam's desire for a "real" life. I taste the hunger and feel the sharp sting of sadness that he wasn't supported in his decision.

I especially liked these lines:

He's ready to throw in his gun, to abandon the salt and holy water.

It's his chance to make something of himself, something that didn't involve ghosts and monsters and weapons stashed in the trunks of cars and spending dark nights in a cheap motel room lined with rock salt.

I think you're onto something really special and I can't wait to see what you have in store for us!
Woman of Letters chapter 2 . 9/18/2011
I am enjoying this because it's nice to have something from Sam's perspective - there's so much Dean stuff out there but Sam doesn't get as much play. (Hey, if I'm wrong, please point me to other stories!)

I very much liked the conversation between Sam and Dean, and the glimpse of Sam walking down the road. I also like the fact that you don't show the confrontation between Sam and John.
Woman of Letters chapter 1 . 9/13/2011
You have great action in this scene, and you really capture Sam's conflict and his angst. I also love the line about Dean being Sam's hero, not his dad. And I loved Dean's smirk! It was just perfect.

Okay, so when are we going to see the next chapter?
celeste301 chapter 1 . 8/29/2011
I know sam was supposed to be the center of the story, but all I could think of was awesome protective Dean lol, great job though, totally captured how Sam must have felt growing up