Reviews for Losing Love in the Dark
K chapter 6 . 12/3/2014
Hi, I really like your story so far. I like that you're using first-person narrative, it really sets it apart from most other sev and lily fanfics.
Eclaire Stones chapter 6 . 12/2/2014
I'm so glad you are back! Can't wait to read again what you have planned for these two wonderful characters!
Jasmine chapter 1 . 12/2/2014
Hi. This was your first time writing a fanfic and it was my first time reading one so I figured I ought to leave a comment cause it's a fun, little coincidence. Though it was concise, I liked it. There was as you said nothing new about it (even a non fanfic reader knows that) but regardless I thought you did a good job with it. I felt Severous' emotions through and through. I liked the perspective and level of entail you gave. I liked the addition about Lily conjuring flowers when nervous. I don't know if that is unique or not but it was unique to my reading and I therefore liked it quite a lot. Any who, done rambling as I doubt you'll ever read my comment. Good job, I hope you keep up the writing and thanks for my first introduction into the world of fan fiction.

Jasmine
flame55 chapter 5 . 9/28/2012
In my opinion James I's adouchebag so for
This I's great
Saramagician chapter 5 . 9/28/2012
Interesting! Very interesting! I prefer you stick to just Severus...and well Lily! Update soon...
Alethea27 chapter 5 . 9/28/2012
Old Pothead is definitely a pretentious douchebag! Any real friend would try and help his best mate with his younger brother not just dismiss his concerns by basically saying, "Ah forget him; he's a lost cause anyway!" And the way he sits there justifying his bullying of Severus to himself. He's not only two-faced, but lies to himself in the bargain! Somebody needs to set his bum on fire - I would love to see old Pothead streaking towards the Black Lake with flames shooting out of his pretentious ass!

I agree with reviewer Katconan on everything they said. I always thought canon Lily was a stupid,
self-righteous, judgmental bitch who really cared only about herself!
Katconan chapter 5 . 9/28/2012
I just started reading this story - glad you decided to update. Don't worry if you aren't inudated with scads of reviews you should write for the joy of it.

Please stick to the two main characters. I've always thought that either Lily was really a shallow, selfish person or under a hex or charm. She was SUPPOSED TO BE a great friend, a defender of the weak, etc., yet she basically threw away her long friendship with Sev over ONE WORD and would NEVER EVEN LISTEN TO HIS MANY APOLOGIES LET ALONE FORGIVE HIM. She knew he was a half-blood in Slytherin and HAD TO GET ALONG WITH HIS HOUSEMATES JUST TO SURVIVE. Being a Slytherin he was basically a persona non gratis with the rest of the school and NOTE TO YOU the Marauders went after him and INITIATED the feud from day one and he had to constantly defend HIMSELF AS NO ONE - especially Dumbledore or other teachers seem to stop the Marauders for the most part and just winked at their actions because they were Dumble's little pets.

Anyway, from the books it looks as if Lily just totally ignored all the politics within the school for the ENTIRE 7 YEARS. Did it never occur to her that if Sev didn't try to get along with his housemates he would be in A HEAP OF TROUBLE. Gryffindor House especially went out of their way (again approved by Dumbles) to isolate, slander and ruin the reputation of the entire Slytherin House and make any Slytherin (especially Snape) an outcast. THEY LABELED EVERYONE IN SLYTHERIN A DARK WIZARD/DEATH EATER IN TRAINING. Snape NEVER HAD A CHANCE and neither did the Slytherins, if you really think about it. THEY ALL WERE STEREOTYPED.

Yet so-called wonderful Lily TOTALLY IGNORED ALL OF THIS and demanded that Snape "give up those wicked DEs in training, not have them as friends, etc." when it was totally impossible. Considering the facts in the books that from DAY ONE all her housemates had been urging her to stop her friendship with her childhood friend BECAUSE HE WAS SORTED INTO SLYTHERIN. Therefore either Lily is blinder than a molerat, completely oblivious and/or just plain STUPID. If she was really decent/intelligent person and actually thought things through as well as any kind of a real friend she wouldn't have nagged and chastized Sev, but she did constantly.

One word, just one word said in the heat of anger after having been humiliated in front of their peers and with Sev having even seen HER SMILE AT 'THE ANTICS' and she goes all righteous and casts him out of her life, etc., etc.

IF LILY EVANS WAS ANY SORT OF A REALLY 'DECENT PERSON' IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN HER TO BEG FOR AN APOLOGY. Her actions broke Snape's heart, drove him to despair and did more than ANYTHING to drive him into the arms of the DEs. She ruined his life and didn't care one bit. Really think about this.

James Potter is a pretentious douchebag as you call him and is only a "real friend" to those he has chosen. Even Harry finds out just what a bully he was and from the books it seems that the "werewolf prank" played on Snape was never punished. I also think James running in and saving Snape at the last minute was a set up and the ultimate prank as now James could guilt Snape into owing him a life debt. NOW THAT SOUNDS LIKE WHAT THE MARAUDERS WOULD DO. Dumbles didn't even give them a detention but again, Snape's life was basically ruined because of this and the "life debt" which was real or maybe not.

Didn't mean to pontificate but I just get so angry when Lily refuses to act like a responsible person and only as the ultimate teenage girl seduced to peer pressure and urged to go along with the crowd. He called her a Mudblood ONCE whereas she was totally oblivious to his condition, definitely not understanding and basically condemning him because of what her House told her. She might have been smart academically but definitely had no common sense.
narutonarutolove chapter 4 . 1/30/2012
love the story
Alethea27 chapter 4 . 12/16/2011
How come it's always Sev who has to go on bended knees and

kow-tow to Lily? Why doesn't she ever apologize to Severus for calling him Snivellus and for almost smiling when she saw what old Pothead and company were doing to him? Sure it was a nasty name he called her, but not unforgivable. Harry, Hermoine, and Ron had fallings out - I mean look at all the awful things Ron said to Harry in GOF and before he left them in DH and I don't think it was completely the influence of the locket either, but both of them forgave him without reservations and no strings attached when he came back. I guess on the whole Harry was a lot more compassionate and forgiving than his mother.
blue-eyed-shuichi chapter 4 . 12/14/2011
good update! I liked the pov of Snape and Lily. Felt sorry for Severus but smiled when hope was given. I chuckled at how McGonagall got her nickname and the visual of Snape going blond. I like the pace of your story and look forward when they do become friends again.. and perhaps.. something more, eh?

Anyway, keep up the good work and I look forward to hearing more!

JD
flame55 chapter 4 . 12/14/2011
this is great i love this story it great when will you update again
Eclaire Stones chapter 3 . 12/10/2011
Very nice :)
blue-eyed-shuichi chapter 3 . 12/3/2011
Hello, there! I really like your story so far. The alternation between thoughts of Lily and of Severus are a good story idea. I often look at fanfiction for these characters as a way to show what would have been if there was a resolution. If he had apologized directly to her and she has forgiven him. Damn Potter is a toerag and I never understood Rowling's choosing James instead of Severus for Lily. Then again, Snape wouldn't be such a complex character. Ahem, anyway, keep up the good work and I look forward to reading more!
flame55 chapter 3 . 11/30/2011
This is great I love this story do not quit on this story and will lily end up with Severus right im just wanting to know cause I really think lily over reacted to the mudblood incident
flame55 chapter 2 . 11/14/2011
this is a very good start i can't wait to read more of this story when will lily forgive him