Reviews for Nothing But a List of Names to Mark His Ascension
I have been reading your story for sometime and can I just say well done. I have also been reading daredevils meridian and in the last few chapters reading about how these imperial guard regiments that have fought together to suddenly turn on each other by the influence of the warp reminds me why Chaos is such a terrible threat. Hell exterminatus suddenly seems like a logical solution now
PolarDawn chapter 67 . 1/30
Excellent chapter. Glad to see this back, and I hope for more soon!
CorvusAlbus chapter 67 . 1/29
No worries about excuses; I know a thing or two about delayed updates…my own one year hiatus, for example. And original work does take time, it should; I myself am working on my own project, its fantasy, and the world-building alone is an elaborate task.

Anyway, enjoyed the interactions in this chapter and that things concerning Augustine still feel, well somewhat vague/undecided, different from others in the story, who have turned traitor. I’m also looking forward to with whom Adrastia will strike a deal in this version (will Kaptin Bluddflagg finally get her hat…) and how things will resolve on Calderis; Diomedes said to accept surrender(plus point for him), so this could get interesting.
Also, was that Taldeer? Would be nice if she was more than a plot device fort he eldar.
Wacko12 chapter 67 . 1/26
so is Dawn of War Retribution starting next? Also whose dead? It's been a while since I read this
Guest chapter 66 . 9/15/2016
Love the story hope you update again soon. btw I've just read another story takes place after the games Cyrus being a main. don't know if your working with that guy otherwise it might be something for you its called fox and raven.
Guest chapter 66 . 7/14/2016
And another one bites the dust. Cool chapter great to see intrigue instead of just plain loyalist vs chaos keep it up
Guest chapter 24 . 7/12/2016
Cool battle and its good to see Space Marines acting smarter than simply meeting the enemy head on, using bombardment. the black hole-round is a neat idea and now I'm kinda curious to actually see Cyrus help rebuild. don't see much interaction between humans and Space Marines. would make for a nice little short story or one-shot.
CorvusAlbus chapter 66 . 7/8/2016
Really glad to see a new chapter.
I have to say, after the last few chapters, Augustine might be the character I’m most curious about; his story just seems to be the one with the most twists and turns, and I doubt we’re done yet. On the other hand I’m not sad about Nikephoros’ fate. It was more like watching Game of Thrones and then someone who actually deserved it died. Still, I liked that it ended in a duel, focused, rather than in just a firefight, where the reader is occupied with several characters.

Though now I’m really curious as to what will happen when Lyon and Augustine met, since that would be a lot more personal. Cyrus is not wrong when he tells him to be prepared to fight his brother/s. It’s nice to see by the way that our scout sergeant can put is faith in someone, Angelos in this case, and even though he seems calm I wonder what it’s like to him, given that perhaps most of the traitors they will fight in the rest of the story (presumably) were his students at some point. He wasn’t too happy in Chaos Rising concerning what happened to his students, so this could/ought to be even worse.

Given that we probably get into loyalist vs traitor Blood Ravens now, I’m also looking forward to your take on Diomedes; in the games we’ve mostly seen him in denial, so I hope here we’ll get to see more of his own inner turmoil and contemplations. Just more characterization.

The eldar actually requesting the help of dark eldar is really unusual and a rather desperate act; Arcadia’s dislike/hatred for them is the norm among eldar after all. An unexpected turn in the story I didn’t seem coming, but I’m curious where you’ll be going with that. That the Mandrake actually calls Slaanesh by its name surprised me at first, but then again, it has been suggested that they are partially of demonic nature, so the normal ramifications for eldar don’t really apply.

Long story short; really looking forward to more, as usual.
Justice chapter 66 . 7/8/2016
Man, I loved Zephus-Hassan! His background was so cool, and I really wanted to know more. It is sad that he is gone. And another new addition to the players, this time with the Dark Eldar entering the game. Next thing you know, The Tau will return! Can't wait to see how it all comes crashing down around the characters!
highgroundma chapter 66 . 7/6/2016
Huzzah!
Willie G chapter 65 . 2/22/2016
Wow, I've been waiting for this for so long, awesome to see it finally come along so nicely. Keep up the good work!
kingveemon chapter 65 . 1/29/2016
Ok now here is what I dont get.

Exactly what are Augustines motives for turning traitor? Survival? Lust for Power? Cause he never seemed the power-hungry to me. I mean. Sure Nikephoros I can get, but Augustine? Two to three chapters ago they were contempleting what to do and now they are screaming "skull for the skull throne".
Lady of the North Star chapter 64 . 12/18/2015
And here I was hoping Elle and Lars would survive. Not to mention Augustine's one of my fav characters too. Im quite disappointed with the storyline but the writing is good don't get me wrong. It's just the storyline I don't like.
Guest chapter 14 . 12/9/2015
Excellent work, very entertaining, one of the best I have read yet, keep em coming
CorvusAlbus chapter 64 . 12/5/2015
And thus Retribution truly begins.
I could probably say more of the usual, again say how the writing is good (also glad to see we’ll find out about Derosa, Augustine continues to prove interesting), but there is something else, which to me becomes more and more noticeable. You seem to stray from your ‘main-cast’.

We began with a few new recruits and main characters from the game (at least from the Blood Ravens), but now we have more and more other characters’ points of view. Not that it’s bad once in a while, like a means to add some tension, as in one of the early chapters, when the Blood Ravens were helping to supress an uprising. Or the brief scenes with Chaos and Eldar. But now almost half of the chapter is dedicated to Guardsmen, which is a trend that I feel is getting more and more prominent.

It just seems to me that the story losing a bit of focus. As I’ve said a little once in a while is fine, but if I want to read about Guardsmen in the Aurelia conflict, I go to Arcsquad12. I can understand that you want to write someone else once in a while, but I feel like that should be a different/separate story with its own cast.

Again, I’m not saying that the writing is bad, but there are just so many characters with their own stories now that few get enough focus and get the short end of the stick. I’d rather have two stories with smaller casts, going into them more explicitly.