Reviews for Nothing But a List of Names to Mark His Ascension
And another one bites the dust. Cool chapter great to see intrigue instead of just plain loyalist vs chaos keep it up
Cool battle and its good to see Space Marines acting smarter than simply meeting the enemy head on, using bombardment. the black hole-round is a neat idea and now I'm kinda curious to actually see Cyrus help rebuild. don't see much interaction between humans and Space Marines. would make for a nice little short story or one-shot.
CorvusAlbus chapter 66 . 7/8
Really glad to see a new chapter.
I have to say, after the last few chapters, Augustine might be the character I’m most curious about; his story just seems to be the one with the most twists and turns, and I doubt we’re done yet. On the other hand I’m not sad about Nikephoros’ fate. It was more like watching Game of Thrones and then someone who actually deserved it died. Still, I liked that it ended in a duel, focused, rather than in just a firefight, where the reader is occupied with several characters.

Though now I’m really curious as to what will happen when Lyon and Augustine met, since that would be a lot more personal. Cyrus is not wrong when he tells him to be prepared to fight his brother/s. It’s nice to see by the way that our scout sergeant can put is faith in someone, Angelos in this case, and even though he seems calm I wonder what it’s like to him, given that perhaps most of the traitors they will fight in the rest of the story (presumably) were his students at some point. He wasn’t too happy in Chaos Rising concerning what happened to his students, so this could/ought to be even worse.

Given that we probably get into loyalist vs traitor Blood Ravens now, I’m also looking forward to your take on Diomedes; in the games we’ve mostly seen him in denial, so I hope here we’ll get to see more of his own inner turmoil and contemplations. Just more characterization.

The eldar actually requesting the help of dark eldar is really unusual and a rather desperate act; Arcadia’s dislike/hatred for them is the norm among eldar after all. An unexpected turn in the story I didn’t seem coming, but I’m curious where you’ll be going with that. That the Mandrake actually calls Slaanesh by its name surprised me at first, but then again, it has been suggested that they are partially of demonic nature, so the normal ramifications for eldar don’t really apply.

Long story short; really looking forward to more, as usual.
Justice chapter 66 . 7/8
Man, I loved Zephus-Hassan! His background was so cool, and I really wanted to know more. It is sad that he is gone. And another new addition to the players, this time with the Dark Eldar entering the game. Next thing you know, The Tau will return! Can't wait to see how it all comes crashing down around the characters!
highgroundma chapter 66 . 7/6
Huzzah!
Willie G chapter 65 . 2/22
Wow, I've been waiting for this for so long, awesome to see it finally come along so nicely. Keep up the good work!
kingveemon chapter 65 . 1/29
Ok now here is what I dont get.

Exactly what are Augustines motives for turning traitor? Survival? Lust for Power? Cause he never seemed the power-hungry to me. I mean. Sure Nikephoros I can get, but Augustine? Two to three chapters ago they were contempleting what to do and now they are screaming "skull for the skull throne".
Phoebus Artemis chapter 64 . 12/18/2015
And here I was hoping Elle and Lars would survive. Not to mention Augustine's one of my fav characters too. Im quite disappointed with the storyline but the writing is good don't get me wrong. It's just the storyline I don't like.
Guest chapter 14 . 12/9/2015
Excellent work, very entertaining, one of the best I have read yet, keep em coming
CorvusAlbus chapter 64 . 12/5/2015
And thus Retribution truly begins.
I could probably say more of the usual, again say how the writing is good (also glad to see we’ll find out about Derosa, Augustine continues to prove interesting), but there is something else, which to me becomes more and more noticeable. You seem to stray from your ‘main-cast’.

We began with a few new recruits and main characters from the game (at least from the Blood Ravens), but now we have more and more other characters’ points of view. Not that it’s bad once in a while, like a means to add some tension, as in one of the early chapters, when the Blood Ravens were helping to supress an uprising. Or the brief scenes with Chaos and Eldar. But now almost half of the chapter is dedicated to Guardsmen, which is a trend that I feel is getting more and more prominent.

It just seems to me that the story losing a bit of focus. As I’ve said a little once in a while is fine, but if I want to read about Guardsmen in the Aurelia conflict, I go to Arcsquad12. I can understand that you want to write someone else once in a while, but I feel like that should be a different/separate story with its own cast.

Again, I’m not saying that the writing is bad, but there are just so many characters with their own stories now that few get enough focus and get the short end of the stick. I’d rather have two stories with smaller casts, going into them more explicitly.
Will the Swill chapter 63 . 11/14/2015
This was awesome. Keep up the excellent work
CorvusAlbus chapter 63 . 10/26/2015
What to say about the last two chapters…they certainly had their unexpected moments. Augustine’s betrayal, while not out of nowhere, was still something of a surprise and I’m curious to see where it is going. The fighting in backstabbing in chapter 61 was well done and rather gripping, helped by the location; wouldn’t have worked that well on a big battlefield. Along with the flight of the loyalist to the planet I cannot help but be reminded of Isstvan III…or that just might be my boundless optimism (coughs slightly).

All in all, I think one of the things that stands out at this point is the atmosphere. Many authors have trouble creating one that fits their story, or the events in them at least, but here is really a sense of desperation. Probably helped by the fact that it starts to look like staying alive in your story is like winning the lottery.

At last, given your Author’s Note at the end, I cannot help but already suspect the title of the next chapter: “The Empire Strikes Back” ;)
Pirate King Ray chapter 62 . 10/25/2015
Wait, why did Augustine go traitor? It seems out of left field and he had a good relationship with Arcadia.
PolarDawn chapter 62 . 8/19/2015
I quite enjoyed this, though I'm saddened to see what appears to be the fall of Augustine. He might yet come back around to the side of the Emperor, but I can't say I'm holding my breath. I do hope that something good comes of Malachi's refusal to pledge his allegiance to Khorne. But, again, he's one marine. I'm not holding my breath.

I'll see you next time!
TheWildHunt chapter 62 . 8/16/2015
And there goes my favorite marine. I really hope he is pulling an Alpharius. His next meeting with Arcadia (if there is one) will be interesting. Kind of surprised at Nikephoros too. I guess I'm used to them being the good guys but that's chaos for you. While I dislike the turn of events it was well written. RIP Magnus you and your power fist will be missed.

P.S.
I really don't believe Augustine is a traitor, after the whole Thadeus and Aramus thing it seems so much out of character.