Reviews for Nothing But a List of Names to Mark His Ascension
Guest chapter 59 . 3/15/2015
awesome more please
PolarDawn chapter 59 . 3/14/2015
Interested to see the introduction of another Hassan... I'm still very curious as to what exactly the Hassan title refers to. Seeing the Alpha Legion working on their tricks is something that I'm excited for. I hope that we'll see an Emperor's Children marine, however unlikely that may be, because they're my traitor legion.

AND MERRICK IS MISSING AND PRESUMED DEAD! NO! I wonder if he actually is dead, or if he somehow managed to stay alive... I'm not holding on to much hope though, because you gave fair warning that people were gonna die.

Until next time.
bootkr00 chapter 58 . 3/12/2015
awesome more please
bootkr00 chapter 57 . 3/12/2015
awesome
Commissar Critical chapter 58 . 3/7/2015
Oh dear. Toth is a heretic most foul, and must be purged, along with the traitor scum.
Commissar Critical chapter 12 . 3/6/2015
Eldar scum. The Marines in this story seem a little weak.
PolarDawn chapter 58 . 2/26/2015
This story has legitimately blown my mind. On multiple occasions. It is truly a masterpiece, though it is still some ways from completion. I hope to stick around long enough to see it to the end, because it is definitely worth the wait.

Something that I have been quite curious about over the course of the last arc especially, was the origins/background/inspiration for Zephus-Hassan. I know this story is heavily influenced by Dawn of War and it's sequels, but I've never played the games. If Z-H is included in them, I wouldn't know. I have tried on a few occasions to search for any reference to Z-H, or just Hassan on various websites such as the Warhammer 40k wikia and the Lexicanum, with no luck. So my question to you is this: Did you come up with Zephus-Hassan? If not, would you be so kind as to let me know where I can find information on him? He has introduced himself as just Zephus in the past, and has also been identified as 'the Hassan'. This makes me inclined to believe that Hassan is some kind of title or honorary name given to members of a certain cult or order... Anyway, he is an awesome character, and I'd love to know more about him.

I have to say, I was also quite surprised to see Thaddeus revealed as the traitor, though looking back I can see that you did hint at it multiple times throughout. Your lead up to the unmasking was particularly good, and really kept the reader in suspense.

I'm also verrrry curious about the marine you introduced at the end of the second arc, the Ancient. It's been nine years since we saw him last, so I wonder if he's even still with the Honor Guard... If he is, I look forward to seeing him in combat.

All this aside, I hope you get back to semi-regular updates on this soon, because it deserves the attention.
Guest chapter 58 . 2/18/2015
oh snap y'all motherfuckers gonna die
Guest chapter 57 . 2/17/2015
sweet
MoDakka chapter 57 . 2/17/2015
Wow, I like where this is going. An original story interwoven with Retribution's? great stuff
Guest chapter 1 . 2/17/2015
alright
Nuclearwullfs chapter 58 . 2/16/2015
I love this story
I read it all in like a week and it is amazing
Can't believe you killed aramus though
Thaddeus his betrayal was a shock for me, i really didnt expect it
Cyrus was my traitor in game
I totally love this story and now im gonna check out more of your stuff
CorvusAlbus chapter 58 . 1/12/2015
Waited long, but worth it.
Ever since I played Retribution for the first time I've been wondering what happened in the decade between Chaos Rising and that game. Sadly there Cyrus only mentions a decade long absence, and your story is certainly a great explanation as to what happened in that time.

And of course we have the Alpha Legion, though they'll be never quite the same without Sindri. Haven't played Retribution in a while now, but I think there were Alpha Legionnaires in the final mission, so this so ties that in quite nicely.

The Inquisitor's Acolytes are a good addition, and I look forward to see them work alongside the Blood Ravens. I'm always interested in seeing normal humans interacting with Astartes, at least when it’s not the stereotypical cowering in fear. The eldar should also create quite some tension; I'm kinda reminded of the encounter in one of my upcoming stories, including Cyrus and one of my primary characters, the Pathfinder Yaidev.
Wacko12 chapter 58 . 1/11/2015