Reviews for Five Loaves of Bread: Dark Toast
optimuspam chapter 1 . 10/27
Every now and then I just come back to this story. One of my OG favorites and one of the best AUs in the fandom. I will be devastated if you ever take this story down. Thank you so much for creating this world. I’d love to see more. I know DustWriter store a continuation (which I also enjoy), but I would love to see your take, in tone and style.
Again, just wanted to share appreciation. This story is still sparking joy years later.
fire1 chapter 1 . 9/30
so good
fire1 chapter 1 . 9/30
so sad that's all there is. it is a very, very good story.
Loza101 chapter 1 . 4/24
I don’t know if anyone has ever cold you but this story is so completely AU that it isn’t even Hunger Games anymore except in name only. It’s incredibly well written and to be honest I’d love to read a full dystopian novel about the world you created! The world building was great and you managed to explain it all in a way that wasn’t just an info dump. Fantastic writing and I really hope that you write this into your own original story one day cause you’ve already started! Thanks for sharing this story with me
statetech0 chapter 1 . 5/24/2019
I really liked this story. Though to be honest, I would have preferred it split up into multiple chapters. 33k words in one page is a little overwhelming!
triojediknights chapter 1 . 5/24/2019
You are insignificant... Assigned a Vocation... I am getting serious The Giver vibes from this, and it works very well!
CaliforniaTexasNorthCarolina chapter 1 . 5/24/2019
Haymitch Abernathy dead and hacked to death? That's... kinda sad. I was looking forward to seeing him crop up.
LawrenceDaddarioWatsonStewart chapter 1 . 5/24/2019
I like the name Merchant Quarter much better than simply Town for those who don't live in the Seam.
StarPotterTwilightHunger chapter 1 . 5/24/2019
It is natural that Johanna has been paired as Gale's wife... even more natural that she is the carpenter's apprentice.
Katnibellamione chapter 1 . 5/24/2019
Assimilation... Merchant and Seam are implied to have racial tensions here... interesting dynamic.
ClintonBush43Obama chapter 1 . 5/24/2019
Gale as a butcher's apprentice... makes sense.
WizMonCruWil chapter 1 . 5/24/2019
Not used to Katniss's story being told in the third person yet, but I bet I will get into it. Posy is an Everdeen in this universe? Katniss feels more like a mother to her sisters.
liz.onia chapter 1 . 1/25/2019
Wow this was AMAZING! Is there a sequel? Absolutely in love with your writing. Thanks for sharing!
StuffedToyTiger chapter 1 . 5/18/2018
Oh my god, I love this story so much. I’m just wondering how in my whole life have I gone by without reading this. Your writing is just amazing and I love your world building as well. This is such a beautiful story. And I love that in some ways you can make the character stay true to their selves.
bellachaos chapter 1 . 4/30/2018
I'm absolutely gutted by this ending. I had so much hope for all these characters and I'm heartbroken by this ending. That said, this story is beautifully written.