Reviews for Slaves and Soldiers
Kalmarin chapter 1 . 8/12
Well i'm intrigued by this story good work so far and you don't see many fanfics with raikou.
Guest chapter 8 . 10/21/2015
laughed my head of with that scene. and i agree, wouldnt you have evoulved them? seems stupid to keep them as a metapod. then again i saw a video of a guy beating firered with a magikarp...
TheKittyOfLife chapter 1 . 7/13/2015
I just don't understand how you make these stories so... emotional. First person view stories are pretty hard, as of what I've tried, and somehow, even your first chapter has a great ending to it. Your way with words is amazing. You can get a scene in your head, and some would just type it up, while you go and use words in a way so that the reader cries while reading it. You're a magical writer.
LEGAL-EAGLE53 chapter 29 . 2/10/2015
That was a great story!
LEGAL-EAGLE53 chapter 9 . 2/9/2015
Creepy.
LEGAL-EAGLE53 chapter 4 . 2/8/2015
Man is Eusine insane.
KingStonecold chapter 29 . 1/19/2015
By the devines, 3 and a half years? I loved every chapter of this brilliant tale. Just like world tour, I will be sad to see this go. Makes me scared of the amount of time it will take to complete terra quest. Damn you Fire Emblem: Awakening and the Ratchet and Clank future trilogy!

I salute you, my fine sir.

May all your hunts yield great loot!
Matthais Unidostres chapter 29 . 1/17/2015
Eh, Reshiram's resolution was cliche, but it still works okay enough for a heartwarming finale.
What I really liked was how you had Giovanni surender. He was in character, that is exactly how he would react in this situation.
You wrapped up all the side plots very well. You pulled a nice "Screw Destiny" on that cult's prophesy, and I'm glad that the Suicine maniac had a remorseful reformation (still a better reformation than Discord). And all our heroes live happily ever after for a Kalos adventure.
Oh, and Zekrom and Reshiram go off to make Raiden's egg. You know, if you ever get writerss block during "Conquering the Dark," might I suggest writting a fluffy story about Reshiram and Zekrom raising their child? I call sweet stories like those "comfort brain-food for writers".
This was a great story with a unique plot. Very clever writing and intense drama. It was an intense thriller with heart.
BigB Da Gamer chapter 29 . 1/14/2015
Nice job Aura. Loved your story from beginning to end
DragonNiro chapter 29 . 1/13/2015
This is very good! A great final chapter to this story! I like how Reshiram broke out of the machine's control through Zekrom's love. And how Typhlosion got his trainer back! Great work!
Imperator Justinian chapter 29 . 1/13/2015
Well, three and a half years and you finally brought this epic to a conclusion. I would say this was one of the best finales you could have come up for this story. While I do think the battle was anti-climatic, and a bit mechanical since it was described more in battle terms, it was the unexpected inclusion of Xalphan behind Reshiram's attack that made up for it and allowed for such a swift conclusion on both of Ethan's problems. Even though the whole confession scene was a bit cliché; true love managing to overcome impossible odds, I won't deny that it wasn't sweet and didn't bring a smile to my face.

Now, I have to say I love how you portrayed Giovanni over the course of this story; something of a crime lord that still abides by a certain code of honor that makes him redeemable and even interesting in the reader's eyes. While I'm a bit undecided on him getting arrested at the end, and having an about face (though I could see it fitting into his efficiency driven character), I still think it was a good way to wrap up the loose ends and expound his relationship dynamic with Ethan in one finally push. Not to mention he didn't get off the hook just because he decided to commit a few good deeds at the end, so I'll give you bonus points for that as well.

Now, the penultimate scene with Eusine managed to give him some development as he regretted his decisions and wished for Alakazam's return, and he finally managed to put his obsession with Suicune to rest as well. The final scene was touching, and after having to endure so much, was satisfying as it finally promised Victor, Typholsion, the Legendary Beasts and the Tao Trio (sans Kyurem) a normal life that they can hopefully enjoy. While I know that the ending set up the possibility of a sequel, I imagine it was made more open ended with the promise of a new adventure to show that they will finally be able to enjoy their newfound freedom and leaves the rest up to the reader's imagination, so I have to give a kudos on that as well.

Overall, I have to say this is a very solid story. Conquering the Dark is shaping up nicely, but I would still say this is your Magnum Opus. While I do apologize for not leaving reviews in the earlier chapters, being as I read them when I was still starting out (and this was one of the stories that inspired me to start writing) and was clumsily finding my way around writing and critiquing, this was still an incredible experience in almost every chapter. And while part of me hates to see this story end, with that same disdain I felt when PWT came to a conclusion, that side is satiated on the ending complimenting and fulfilling the story with as much finesse as it did.
SonicSonic54321 chapter 29 . 1/13/2015
This was a long 3 and a half years, and an amazing story. :) great job as always, Aura. Looking forward to more.
yolo swag675 chapter 2 . 11/24/2014
its good but pls finish the story
Matthais Unidostres chapter 28 . 10/30/2014
Well, if a jerk like Gurrkin could use Mega Evolution, then I suppose a criminal gentleman with good PR like Giovanni could do it too.
You write excellent battles. It was a good way to get out of your funk. You have excellent strategic skills. I'd never challenge you to a battle. You'd be unbeatable.
I'd say it's about to time to free Reshiram for the final battle. This is a good story, and I'd say it's about time we got to the final climax
Cottonmouth25 chapter 15 . 10/27/2014
"And now Zekrom finally knows the truth..."

This is probably going to sound insensitive, but that's hilarious.

Oh, and Zekrom, give the leader of that cult a kick in the tush for me!