Reviews for Reality Check
Numbuh six-sixtysix chapter 1 . 5/17/2013
...
Really?
Firstly - why in God's name would she have earned their respect? She has, apparently, taken the hard, hard path of _doing absolutely nothing of note_. She has done that which many, many women before have done, and which many, many women after her will carry on to do.
There is no reason to respect her any more or less than any other woman you may meet off the street.

That said, you seem to forget she would be _educated_. She would be able to read and write and do sums better than most anyone else. i'm assuming a sixteen year old's education here. She could quite easily find employment in a fair number of capacities, the most obvious of which would likely be school-mistress. Naturally, the problem lies in getting to an English-speaking settlement. It shouldn't be too difficult to hitch onto the supply train back to whichever port it is. Regrettably, it is likely she would need to take on a 'protector' to fund her way there, but once out of the warzone, well, she's in the _early nineteenth century_. The Age of Opportunity, and she is fortunate enough to have some foreknowledge.
So no, I don't think this is a likely story. Beleivable, yes, as this _could_ easily result from being dropped in here, but only if you either suffered horrific bad luck, or made very little attempt to improve your position.
HedgeNinja chapter 1 . 12/11/2012
A very nicely done 'reality check' indeed. Got to hand it to the women of those times...

Your writing style is very smooth; much enjoyed.
ancara-iii chapter 1 . 12/1/2011
Wow! Just. Wow. Great fic! I mean it. So well written and entirely refreshing in its realism. It's a nice change from every mary sue out there.

Even if it's bittersweet, it's a great fic because it's REAL. It's truthful and believable. (minus the time travel ;) lol

Well done.
Sgt. Hakeswill chapter 1 . 8/17/2011
Interesting "what if" piece. I read your profile and I was quite surprised to see that you are only 13 - I would have thought you would be older. Your spelling and grammar is very good. I only saw one typo: you should have put "looks" where you wrote "lucks".