Reviews for The God of War
Justsajd chapter 1 . 2/22
I like this I think it's amazing
xentrya chapter 1 . 9/10/2011
This was a very good story in my opinion especially because we see another side of Ares, we actually see him involved in other relationships than the one he had with Xena,it's like a global view of his life. Nice. Like it
ideasofmany chapter 1 . 8/24/2011
Nice look into Ares' thoughts. He is enjoying what is in his blood, but yet he yearns for Xena. It makes good reasoning behind him meddling throughout the job.
Phineas Redux chapter 1 . 8/19/2011
This is a deeply felt story with great insight into Ares’ personality. The way his mind works, and the motivations which direct him are well portrayed. His conflicting emotions, particularly that he will outlive Xena by aeons, reflects the basic emptiness of his actions. And in the end his over-riding love for a mortal makes nonsense of his immortality. The panoramic view of the various Wars across the world; including the Seleucid Empire, Parthians, and Egyptians gives a clear overview of the historic period. And the fact that he has the choice of any woman he wishes, but they all pale before Xena, really focuses his powerlessness to gain her affection. Excellent!
Silvermoonlight GJ chapter 1 . 8/18/2011
I loved this it was really deep and at the same time harsh. I like how you went through Ares's deep emotions. I actuality really like the brazened view of sex with out a care but I like that it always went back to Xena and its honest piece about his love for her. I have to confess I found the part his lust for Gabrielle being there and even though he won't act on the desire because she took Xena from him it doesn't stop him thinking about it.
HAZMOT chapter 1 . 8/17/2011
This was a nice departure for you. I love the aspect of the growing love and respect that Ares has always had for Xena, regardless of the changes in her and his life. He knows that Xena was the Chosen for a reason. That swift mind and tempermant means a lot to the God of War. There will be no other Warrior quite like Xena in his lifetime and Ares knows it. This was a great insight to Ares love for Xena. :D
Stardawn19 chapter 1 . 8/17/2011
This has got to be one of the best arguments against immortality that I've ever read.. lol..

Seriously though. I really liked the internal dialog of Ares here. It's nicely set up how he lays out how he feels and how one silly mortal can really mess up an eternity. I can *almost* feel sorry for him, if I didn't know the other side of the story.

Overall a really nice, emotional piece. I enjoyed reading it. :)