Reviews for Chuck vs the Sound of Music
Jesusrocks chapter 1 . 1/24
Hello! I don't know if you're reading reviews for this story anymore/getting them anymore but I'm taking a chance.

I just watched this fantastic show starting late December and recently finished. I wasn't impressed with the level of fic because Chuck has it's own style and it seemed no one was really capturing that. Until I stumbled upon this story.

Holy. Freaking. Crap. This story is awesome. I stayed up WAY too late more nights that I should admit *cough*three*cough* to finish it. Then I learned there was a sequel and it was all over. PLUS one-shots. :O Granted, I paced myself better the second time (and by "better" I mean not staying up until 3AM reading when I need to wake up at 7AM) but I still read it as fast as possible.

I love the characters you've created in the children: I don't know if you had real life inspiration for them or what-they're awesome. It is sad that Ellie and Devon are gone because it would have been great seeing them as parents but it added to the story. The children didn't seem fake or overly childish-they were appropriately their age and interacted with each other like siblings. It was a refreshing take on the sibling trope without it being saccharine and fake or angsty and a mess. It was very real and very well written.

I am a lover of The Sound of Music movie so I was very hesitant about reading this and how certain aspects were going to play out but you did such a great job mixing an older story into a modern tale. I am, however, not a fan of the songs. I get what you're trying to do but it's not up my alley...I ended up scrolling through most of them. I'm glad you dedicated so much time to rewrite the songs and I don't think Rodgers and Hammerstein are going to kill you first in a zombie apocalypse, they're just not my cup of tea.

You have just done a fantastic job creating an AU that still feels very much a part of the Chuck 'verse. This, in and of itself, could be a show or movie and it feels complete. I can't say it enough-you have done a fantastic job.

It's been a while since you've written in this 'verse so I would be thrilled if you added to it but I can understand needing to leave it alone. I wanted to take a moment and tell you how amazing this story is and how I'll keep coming back to it as a favorite because it's so well written and unique. It's the very least I can do after you've written nearly one million words for this story.

God bless 3
SarahWalkerFan chapter 1 . 12/23/2014
Hmm. This is...interesting. I've never read a "song fic" before. This first chapter was a nice play on a classic movie/play. I've got a lot of stories to choose from and this one is on the list. Thank you.
Lord al'Thor chapter 14 . 12/19/2014
Fabulous conclusion to a fabulous story. I loved Shaw taking one in the brain pan. Oh and I did NOT see him being the mole coming. Did I miss some clues? I also loved how you played out the realization of Frost/Orion with the charm bracelet. Can you say - Sequel! Thanks so much for this. It was great!
Lord al'Thor chapter 13 . 12/19/2014
Lots of fluff. I can handle that. I especially loved the charm bracelet scene at the end. Very moving. And I cannot tell you how much I enjoy it when Sarah "breaks" Chuck. Just awesome.
Lord al'Thor chapter 12 . 12/18/2014
It really is all about the socks.
Lord al'Thor chapter 11 . 12/18/2014
There was a lot to love about this chapter. The wedding discussion was fun. The "socks" conversation was hilarious. The before/after dates line was another classic. The Charah was in full blaze. All is good.
Lord al'Thor chapter 10 . 12/18/2014
Shame on you. Shame on you for making us think he was choosing the shrew. You are forgiven though. He sent the harpy away in grand fashion. All is right with te Chuckverse - she loves him. And she said yes.

The last line? Easily one of the best lines I've read on this site.
Lord al'Thor chapter 9 . 12/18/2014
Wow. This chapter was all over the place emotionally. There was the hilarious trick the kids played on the shrew. The continuation of the pleasant coffee mornings only to have them shattered by afore mentioned shrew. The passion of that Tango and then the heartbreaking sadness of a CIA agent refusing to let herself be a woman. Good stuff. No, great stuff.
Lord al'Thor chapter 8 . 12/18/2014
The Bartowski Family Gamers? Casey and Sarah playing video games? Have I stepped into an episode of the Twilight Zone? Still, it's definitely an interesting and amusing concept. Jill. Ugh. This version of Jill gets a double Ugh. Sarah cut her down nicely though. It also looks like she is getting more comfortable with ER feelings for her "asset". Jill's presence will, hopefully, speed that up. Nice chapter.
Lord al'Thor chapter 7 . 12/18/2014
Halfway home. This was perhaps my favorite chapter ths far. Filled with humorous odes and delightful innuendoes. I especially loved the Wienerlicious uniform shout out and Casey in leiderhosen. Great stuff all around.
Lord al'Thor chapter 6 . 12/18/2014
It is obvious from the inner thoughts that both Chuck and Sarah are falling hard and fast. And of course Chuck thinks she's out of his league and Sarah refuses to accept and embrace. Again I love your wit with names. Agents Cole and Barker. Nice. This story is so engaging that I really must commend you on it.
Lord al'Thor chapter 5 . 12/17/2014
Sarah Walker COD whisperer. Who would've thunk it. Between the kids and Chuck it is becoming plain as day that she is compromised. Good. I got a kick out of your names for the agents - BurrBank and Barstow. Not certain of the relevance of Vegas though. The "Charah" is heating up nicely. Well done.
Lord al'Thor chapter 4 . 12/17/2014
Loved your version of a classic song. Very witty that ditty. A little surprised how quickly the kids found out Sarah, and Chuck, was CIA. Not sure of the likelihood but it moves the story forward so a minor quibble. The banter between out two leads is ramping up nicely. Not full blown Charah but nice.
Lord al'Thor chapter 3 . 12/17/2014
No song this chapter. That's OK. Sarah was introduced to the seven children and that ended up being a bit overwhelming for her. I can only imagine. A few early sparks but no real Charah (just found that term today. I like it) yet. Still a solid chapter that gives us a sense of what Sarah has in front of her. If she stays that is.
Lord al'Thor chapter 2 . 12/17/2014
So we have a few changes from canon here, not least of which is seven (!) kids. It also looks like no Intersect but Chuck is still a top Agency asset. Interesting and plausible setup for sure. The song was again a cute little ditty. Now that Chuck and Sarah have met I expect the sparks to fly. Let's see, shall we?