Reviews for Where the cliff and lake went
Moka-girl chapter 1 . 9/8/2014
You forgot some capitals at the start of some of the dialogues.
Dismayed chapter 1 . 7/7/2013
So that's how he got the scar.
JellyBean chapter 1 . 12/31/2012
Hi this is a decent fic but their are some mistakes, I've saw you review other fics and I'm sorry but you shouldn't be trying to be a beta reader especially if your not a perfect writer yourself,
Amiee chapter 1 . 12/31/2012
"Albus Dumbledore was in a bind. He had just heard and seen the worst of bad news and thus he owed Minerva McGonagall, his deputy at Hogwarts, an apology as large as Hogwarts herself for disregarding her misgivings about the dreadfulness of those Dursley muggles that long ago night at 4 Privet Drive, Little Whinging, Surrey, when he left little Harry Potter on their doorstep.

In a distracted state, he boarded the South Western Mainline train to Waterloo station in London.

Dressed as he was, in a black velvet Edwardian suit, Albus Dumbledore drew a fair few sidelong glances, but he noticed none of them.

He took a seat next to a dumpy woman in jeans who was knitting.

Albus being Albus, and already being partial to knitting patterns noticed the intricate leaf pattern emerging in pastel wool and stared.

Then he collapsed into the aisle, hissing, moaning and clutching his wounded thigh.

The conductor sped off in one direction, screaming for a doctor, as the railway policeman on duty arrested the woman who stabbed Albus and read her her rights.

The next thing Albus knew, he was looking up into twinkling blue eyes, much like his own normally looked.

"We need to stop the bleeding, sir," said a soft Edinburgh brogue.

"you're a hea-…er…doctor?"

"Yes sir."

Albus winced as his pant leg was cut away. The steel of the scissors was so cold it burnt his skin.

Then a pair of feminine hands pressed what felt like a tea towel against the wound. It WAS a tea towel, Albus saw out of the corner of his eye.

"Mother, you are ruining your souvenir!"

"Damn my souvenir, Donald! This man cannot bleed to death!"

Unbeknownst to Albus, when the bleeding stopped, stitches were put in and a pressure bandage wound round his thigh – Donald, not Mother, did the winding and the stitching prior – the motif on the tea towel was traced onto Albus's thigh permanently.

(And that is how the headmaster came to have a scar on his one leg that looks exactly like a map of the London Underground.)

"how can I ever repay you?" Albus wanted to know from Donald the doctor as he (Albus) limped from the carriage at Waterloo station.

Donald's eyes twinkled in a very familiar manner as he replied: "Don't you worry, Albus, I will collect."'

Dude it bucking annoys people when you do crap like that so I thought I'd see how you like it, it's a pain to those reading reviews as it friggin means they need to re read a lot of the fic until they hit the review and this fic is pure keek you shouldn't be criticising other writers until you can write yerself
Miriam1 chapter 1 . 7/18/2012
I love this wonderful snapshot, and it makes me interested to read the story that you referred to.

You have some (what I like to refer to as) housekeeping issues.

"You're a hea-...er...doctor?" ("You're" needs to be capitalized.)

"How can I ever repay you?" ("How" needs to be capitalized.)

In any event, this was sweet, and I'm glad to have discovered it.

Sincerely,
Miriam
josiemausconn chapter 1 . 7/14/2012
Hahaha wow I loved it a lot! I would have never thought of anything so clever!:)
Autopsy Gremlin chapter 1 . 7/3/2012
This is really excellent... I love how you explained how the scar cameo be, as I have always wondered how that occurred!
MysteriousGreenHufflepuffAgent chapter 1 . 1/13/2012
Haha, This idea is just great :)

love it
USAFChief chapter 1 . 11/14/2011
Since I don't read Harry Potter, much of what you've written doesn't mean much to me. However, when you say, "When the dumpy woman stabbed him in the thigh with the one end of the cable stitch holder, his draw at first dropped in astonishment." I think you meant to say that his jaw dropped in astonishment.

I saw your original review comment mentioned in the A/N, so I appreciate that you wrote this little snippet. It made me smile. I see that it made the original author smile too.

Thanks for posting it.

pdf
ltjvt1026 chapter 1 . 9/7/2011
Hey, you wrote a story! Sorry I didn't notice. Not a Potter fan, but this was cute. Good Job.
jibbsloversunited chapter 1 . 8/29/2011
HAHA - this made me laugh loud and long.

What fun to know that something I wrote resulted in this.

Thanks for the mention!
Enthusiastic Fish chapter 1 . 8/19/2011
I like the explanation of how Dumbledore got the London Underground scar. Very clever. I don't think you needed to explicitly state it in the story, though. People who have read Harry Potter will likely remember. I know I did. :)
Lidil chapter 1 . 8/19/2011