Reviews for Slight Opportunity
Sunny2006 chapter 1 . 7/23/2012
Beautiful story...loved it!
thena-ditey chapter 1 . 3/9/2012
Perfect. I'm glad you wrote this one; it was a perfect addition. I'd love a follow up if there isn't one already. :)
Silvanne chapter 1 . 8/19/2011
So glad you wrote this. Not only is it good (as usual) but I can rest knowing that all is not lost. And I LOVED Marshall's thoughts about pregnancy. Somebody better make that man a daddy!
sagey chapter 1 . 8/19/2011
liked his viewpoint too..and oh yeah marshall keep hoping..

I know i am hoping for more of this story so we get a happy ending for our heroes..

hugs
BrittanyLS chapter 1 . 8/18/2011
This is just as beautiful as the one in Mary's POV. I really hope they get together next season, especially if the series will end
adangeli chapter 1 . 8/18/2011
I found this piece and Missed Opportunity to be so incredibly heartbreaking. I know they're supposed to be hopeful, but the interactions and the emotions of them felt so real to me that I found myself sad after reading each one. Which, again, is strange because they both end on a hopeful note. I think it's just a credit to you and your ability to capture the emotion of the moment so well that it permeated the stories fully. I'd love to read more of this exploration but I'd also understand if that were the end of it. It's tough, as a writer, to lay out something slightly uncomfortable and tell the readers, "Okay, that's all. Thanks, but I won't be resolving this for you." I totally get it. I've done it to readers, too. (As a matter of fact, I sort of love doing it.) But I'm just saying, if you decided to write the pick-me-up, I certainly wouldn't turn it down! :)
ErroneousJuxtaposition chapter 1 . 8/17/2011
isnt this the exact same thing as missed opportunity?
Dog in the Manger chapter 1 . 8/17/2011
Thank you for writing Marshall's POV, it rounded out the story very nicely. I have to admit though I am torn after reading this part of the story. The shipper in me really wants to see the M/M romance develop, and the other part is just happy for Marshall. He deserves happiness and Mary's train wreck is not exactly the best outcome. Hope that made sense...
merciki chapter 1 . 8/17/2011
Thank you so much for writing Marshall's pov.

So heartbreaking, so beautifully written. Yes, Marshall, Mary's timings always suck ... but there is till hope ...

And MArshall would be there for the baby, for her ...

And for once, Mary didn't run away...

SO nicely done and written... Thank you !
scubagurl22 chapter 1 . 8/17/2011
Very very sweet. Is it wrong I hope they don't renew Abigail's contract though?
R J Lupin's Kat chapter 1 . 8/17/2011
Awwww... *sniffles*

Beautiful; just beautiful. Still a bit heartbreaking, but that suggestion of there being some sort of happy turnabout further down the road eases that heartbreak a little. It is so them, and just as Marshall had considered: Mary's timing always did suck.

Thank for this opposing POV; it was needed :~)
Kimberly-A chapter 1 . 8/17/2011
I can't remember if I reviewed the story before this one, but I just wanted to let you know how much I liked the two of them, especially when read together as two sides of the same coin. I particularly admire the restraint you've used, the subtle emotional messages communicated through seemingly unrelated actions, such as the impact of Marshall putting his head against Mary's belly.

I love pretty much all of your fics, but I figured it never hurts to speak up yet again to point out something fine. And this is fine.
jekkah chapter 1 . 8/17/2011
Perfect! Thank you so much for writing Marshall's POV!