Reviews for Out of Darkness, Out of Doubt
englishtutor chapter 1 . 11/30/2015
You have captured these characters so well here. Beautifully done.
librarywitch chapter 1 . 9/12/2013
Those three have such a wonderful friendship/brolove in your story arcs. I love it.
forcedapathy chapter 1 . 8/18/2011
I like the challenge idea and your story was well wrote, well done! D
editor frog chapter 1 . 8/18/2011
Nice. I'm liking the continuity within your stories (namely, that Lestrade is a devoted widower), and his actions here seem very in-character to me.

Sherlock, on the other hand, needs to learn that no sleep can kill a guy. (Literally, it seems. I guess it's a medical certainty that after so many days a person can die with no rest. Or I could be wrong.)

It might be interesting to see what, in your view of the Sherlock universe, *really* keeps Sherlock up on those nights when there's no case or problem to ponder. I think the result could be very fascinating. :)
CrazyCousinEiko chapter 1 . 8/18/2011
Amazing. SO amazing. I am in awe. I feel badly for John and Lestrade. Poor guys. I love how you characterize them all so beautifully. Wow. I can't say anything bad about this. It's just too amazing.
inconcvbl chapter 1 . 8/18/2011
Such lovely subtlety and silence in this piece. The scene and characters are rendered richly and vividly through these few, effective details. Well done!
Sidney Sussex chapter 1 . 8/18/2011
I can't tell you how pleased I am that you're posting these 221Bs. They're lovely, all of them. Sherlock's silence in this one, in particular, speaks volumes. And John's and Lestrade's pasts, just hinted at, say more about them than they would ever admit in the light. You characterize so beautifully, as much with what you don't say as with what you do.

Yes, I'm very glad you're posting these. Thank you.
LeDragonQuiMangeDuPoisson chapter 1 . 8/18/2011
Are you doing a series of 221b's, then?

I enjoyed this one as well. For such a short story, you did a great job conveying everyone's reactions to the crime, and describing crime as well. Thanks for posting!
north chapter 1 . 8/18/2011
Lovely. Excellent details and characterizations as always. :)