Reviews for Off with the Old, In with the New
Cazzabluerose chapter 1 . 8/29
I agree with everything JannP said in their review you should of written more Finchel ! Great story thanks x
SammiLoves2Write chapter 1 . 12/26/2014
This was cute!
-Sammi
polarpi chapter 1 . 8/20/2011
Great job on this story - while not always my favorite pairing, your writing is always superb and I really was enjoying watching this play out :)
MamaKel chapter 1 . 8/19/2011
Loved this!
noro chapter 1 . 8/19/2011
fantastic story putting it on favourites
Lov2-Travel chapter 1 . 8/18/2011
This WAS cute:) While 'Finchel' is not my cup of tea (I usually find that people write Finn like a moron!), I found him more than likeable in this story:)) ...& of course, I'll read anything of yours!
iLoveRomance2o11 chapter 1 . 8/18/2011
They are simply adorable! I love them:) Nice work!
JannP chapter 1 . 8/18/2011
Okay, well. You know how I have to read things obsessively before I can review and it might be stupid, but it gets you quality reviews so... I'm doing it anyway. And I'm just going to start quoting because you don't need the overall praise (I already gave it to you and will undoubtedly do it again at the end).

One: **Honestly, she had a lot of experience with gay men and she couldn't fathom how their lack of attraction for the female species sometimes turned into utter fear. If anyone should have been embarrassed about being caught walking around her room in just a tank top and panties it was her.**

Ha. Truth. I have a gay friend that gets squeamish if I wear a shirt where he can see even a little cleavage. I'm like PLEASE. I should be comfortable wearing stuff like that with him because I know he'll still look at my face.

two: **It was hard for her to remain focused and determined when her thoughts could be easily manipulated depending on what he was saying or where he was touching.**

This pretty much sums up their entire relationship, not just the physical part. And it's awesome.

three: **Rachel's cheeks tinged red at his observation. She'd really thought her and Finn had been inconspicuous about their departure. "But I wore what you instructed," she reasoned.

"For a little bit, anyway," Finn added just loud enough for Rachel to hear. Her resulting blush gave his response away to Kurt, though.**

I love it when Finn blurts (as can be evidenced by everything I've ever written). At least in your world, he keeps it somewhat private by only allowing Rachel - who knows that's how his brain works - to hear.

four: **"I'll listen! I promise." She tore herself away from Finn, frowning as the heat coursing through her dissipated instantly. "See. You have my undivided attention."

"I'd rather have Blaine's."**

Haha, DIRTY. Seriously.

five: **"Wear this sweater with these leggings and this belt, or wear these jeans with this shirt and no belt," he rushed, out of the room a second later.

Rachel watched with her hands on her hips, waiting for him to at least shout up an apology on his way out of her house. With nothing but the sound of the door opening and closing followed by an impossible silence, she shook her head. "What is the female equivalent of bros before hoes?"

Finn chuckled, shrugging one shoulder. "Chicks before dicks?"**

Okay, so many things about this. Really, all three of the interacting is just gold whenever it happens and I so hope the show taps into this potential. First, Kurt picking TWO outfits for her in ten seconds flat after she'd been looking for an hour and then tossing them at her and leaving all dismissively is awesome. Rachel's reaction to it is even better - but Finn's comeback is the best. Seriously. I laughed so hard.

six: **The plan was her and Kurt would get a place in the city; she didn't want to set herself up for disappointment thinking Finn and Blaine could be part of the equation, too.**

Poor Rachel, really. I mean, so many people let her down. Even though she dreams big, it's really only in relation to herself because she doesn't fully count on anyone else - until Kurt now. I totally see where she's coming from, but in my head in the extended version of this, they end up living together and having these kinds of exchanges all the time.

seven: **He and Noah had patched things up over the summer, mostly because Rachel refused to stop being Noah's friend just because she and Finn were a couple again. She'd known the Mohawked boy longer than Finn, which was exactly her argument for why they seemed to have a connection when Finn insisted it was attraction; that had been the battle of basically all of June and because of their new open-book policy, they'd gotten through it relatively unscathed. She knew the boys would never be best friends again, but at least they now understood that their bond couldn't and shouldn't be ignored. They had a history, even if that history wasn't always good.

"Well what about that red beanie you wore during the Sing performance last year?"

Finn opened his mouth to protest, but no words came out. A full ten seconds passed before he closed it, the corners of his lips turning down. "That was me."**

Okay, THIS. Even more than some Kurfinchel, I like Puckleberry Finn as friends. The fact Rachel wouldn't back down from maintaining the friendship is awesome, and the fact that the boys at least manage to be something resembling friends is awesome and light years ahead of DC. Then again, no one here is the level of asshole that Dawson is, so... And THANK YOU for mentioning the bad green dress and the painful red beanie. THANK YOU. The humor of Finn being unable to argue was just icing.

eight: **Noah had literally pulled her off Finn's body, raising her up effortlessly in his arms like she were some championship trophy. In her haze of lust she hadn't noticed, but thinking back she remembered him announcing to everyone within earshot that the Holy Grail had been tapped. She'd have to remember to reprimand him later, and not just because her and Finn had been split up after that interruption.*

THIS. THAT IS ALL. Thanks for this picture, it's hilarious. And why I love the threesome friendship.

Last but not least: THIS: **Unlike Rachel, who for maybe the only time of her life completely let go and gave herself up to the feelings that engulfed her in the moment, Finn stayed completely in his head.**

Beautiful dichotomy in the middle of some smut and I'm a happy, happy whore. Thank you!

You should write Finchel more often. Just sayin'. I'll review enough to cover it.
x0xalexis8 chapter 1 . 8/18/2011
that was so great!it was so funny also!thanks for the finchel!
wants2beawriter chapter 1 . 8/18/2011
OMG! I...I am floored. This was absolutely amazing. I wish I were more articulate than that, but apparently I am not. The whole piece was beautifully written from the snarky Rachel/Kurt (and I adore their friendship) to the intensity of the Finchal relationship. I have a 12 year old harrassing me about something, so I sadly cannot leave a proper comment, but wanted to say something nonetheless.

While, I loved it all, this line was just so perfect. Thank you for delving into the world of Finchel :-)

Rachel settled for rolling her eyes, moving out of the way of his lips' advance on her cheek. He pouted like a four-year-old who was told he wouldn't get dessert unless he finished all of his dinner, and she folded like a cheap suit.
oftheheart chapter 1 . 8/18/2011