Reviews for Domus Hadeum, or Where You Live
LittleMender chapter 5 . 8/26/2011
This is so wonderfully twisted. They both hurt so much-good thing Lisbon's capacity for bearing it is greater than Jane's for causing it. But then she's found a way for the pains of her life to be her making whereas his have largely broken him. He's woefully mismatched for a contest of wills.

This chapter was so painful to read, but I loved the tension in it, which is remarkable since they're only together for about 30 seconds-just long enough for Jane to try and warn her off again. Their separate introspection is so psychologically in sync it's as if they're still communicating on some level (Wouldn't Jane balk at THAT?).

I also really like that this situation he thinks he's controlling is forcing him to ask hard questions that he should have faced long ago. Fortunately for Jane, there is hope of healing. Whether he'll be whole as well remains to be seen.

Still a great story, Merriwyllow!
Blue chapter 4 . 8/26/2011
Aw, this is torture: I really want an update (after rereading this again).
Jaimie255 chapter 4 . 8/25/2011
I love it, love it, love it! When is Chapter 5 going to be up? Hopefully soon, very soon. Cannot wait!
Blue chapter 4 . 8/24/2011
P.s- Loved the sexy charged (entire) scene, of course.
Blue chapter 4 . 8/24/2011
YES! The storm breaks in and the explosion starts! This is so good, I would use another adjective but the truth is your fiction has a great quality to it. It has this depth that I just love.

"Seeing his imprint on her, his own breathing came quick and shallow."

And all hell breaks lose! Glad he stopped and I will love to see his redemption. I'll welcome the upcoming breakdown, he has to break soon. Kuddos to Lisbon for staying strong but not really holding on that well. It's good to see her cry, it actually makes her in character, which I appreciate in this fanfic world.
LittleMender chapter 4 . 8/24/2011
I've said before that a story seems to "read differently" after it's actually posted on the site in this format. Reading it here, I was struck by how uncomfortably hot this scene is between Jane and Lisbon-both of them a bit out of control, Lisbon struggling over giving hers up and Jane over reigning himself in.

We get a truer sense of his conflict when he releases her, part aroused and part disgusted with himself (was relieved by that, by the way). He can't uncross this line now and won't be able to control those feelings-and it was in great part his feelings/desire for Lisbon, not just the desire to exert or exhibit dominance. Part of the thriller in this is watching how Jane-so out of control psychologically-will manage to subordinate Lisbon as well as his own actions to his will. And just what his will is or will become.
information specialist chapter 4 . 8/24/2011
Um...yeah that was...I...(insert how Lisbon would feel

here).

Okay, here's the thing. I'm all for Jane the control

freak, Jane dark and gloomy, Jane the vengeful.

But you have no idea how happy I am that he left..seriously no words can express how happy I am.

Also makes me happy? Strong, unyeilding Lisbon.

"you had more power when you created your family than when Red John killed them."

Genius line and I'm going to cling to it and the strength of love it represents like a life preserver in this scary, stormy story...
information specialist chapter 3 . 8/22/2011
Oh my God...I'm scared too *_* I still love this though and you've built enough groundwork for his reaction to be realistic. That he's been bottling real emotions fo so long that they've turned into raw need. So in character that Jane wants to push Lisbon to determine how much she cares while simultaneously not wanting to push too far. He's just so damaged; equally needy and controlling; he abuses people's tolerance to get them to let of their own principles but when it comes to him and those he cares about it's all or nothing...I don't envy Lisbon the ultimatum he's about to give her...

On another note, thank you for rating this M. Nkt sure what will happen but it's nice to be forwarned...
information specialist chapter 2 . 8/22/2011
This is so intriguing :) I can't help but wonder if you'll be playing on the theory that the reason Jane is (or says) he's agnostic is because he can't stand idea of elements beyond his control; an all powerful entity that could have stopped what happened to his familily but didn't; and how Jane might feel about that...the fear it entails, etc. Whether if their loss was divine retribution...

Sorry, the topic of religion and Jane facinates me...awesome chapter...love Jane's

reaction when he woke up; natural without the hard mask. Also really like how he realized he'd miscalculated and the resulting tension...
information specialist chapter 1 . 8/22/2011
I can't believe I just saw this! *kicks self*. so glad you're continuing it. And thanks for the awesome shout out; our discussions were always a pleasure. As to this chap; I'm hooked (again) and am glad I have two more chapters to read :)
LittleMender chapter 3 . 8/21/2011
I'm frustrated because I feel like I've pre-reviewed. I can only say again that I like this story-the uniqueness as well as the believability of it.

I really like that it's dark (but not oppressive)-Jane's dark and controlling will and Lisbon's willing submission to it, Jane's emotional reasoning twisted and Lisbon's healthy and hopeful, Jane's actions lacking direction but Lisbon's full of purpose. You've taken what we know of the both of them and amplified it, as it would be in such a charged situation.

Still loving it, MerriWyllow.
MeltedChocoButton chapter 3 . 8/21/2011
I love the way you've created a dark, simmering atmosphere. Really pulled into this.

I had trouble understanding the section where Jane feels a physical attraction to Lisbon. Is he consciously aware that he's channeled the desire into trying to control her?
Blue chapter 3 . 8/21/2011
I absolutely love the heaviness of feelings hovering around them both. The way Jane is melting into needing her and trying to deny her is brilliant.

Nice touch having him give her a filmsy shirt and his boxers, I can not wait for more. I do hope for the storm to break and see their relationship explode.

It's surprising how this fiction doesn't have more comments. I'm completely drawn!
LittleMender chapter 2 . 8/19/2011
This chapter is so full of the little truths the writers have put into the show-sometimes I think without realizing it, wondering if it just came with the creation and development of the characters-of Jane's inability to deal with the stark reality, the cut-and-dried-ness of his wife's and daughter's murders and his need to imbue them with the coils of his own guilt and self-loathing in a bid for control.

It was so full of the bits and pieces that make up the big picture of each of them as individuals as well as the two of them as a team (for lack of a better word-not really a couple in the conventional sense).

Again, the psychological drama is full and satisfying and gave a heated edge to Jane's sleep-detached groping.

Can you tell I'm enjoying this? Looking forward to the next post.
LittleMender chapter 1 . 8/18/2011
This is so good! Jane's dialogue-I can hear him saying the words in that way he has when his voice goes so low into his register that it cracks. So painfully desperate.

And Lisbon is relentless in her mission to save and protect.

Thanks for the accolades, though finding a few extra commas is nothing compared to the pure psychological drama here-that's all yours. Even though I've read parts of it, it's different to see it actually unfold here as it's published. Can't wait to read more!
154 | « Prev Page 1 .. 7 8 9 10 11 Next »