Reviews for Domus Hadeum, or Where You Live
LittleMender chapter 2 . 8/19/2011
This chapter is so full of the little truths the writers have put into the show-sometimes I think without realizing it, wondering if it just came with the creation and development of the characters-of Jane's inability to deal with the stark reality, the cut-and-dried-ness of his wife's and daughter's murders and his need to imbue them with the coils of his own guilt and self-loathing in a bid for control.

It was so full of the bits and pieces that make up the big picture of each of them as individuals as well as the two of them as a team (for lack of a better word-not really a couple in the conventional sense).

Again, the psychological drama is full and satisfying and gave a heated edge to Jane's sleep-detached groping.

Can you tell I'm enjoying this? Looking forward to the next post.
LittleMender chapter 1 . 8/18/2011
This is so good! Jane's dialogue-I can hear him saying the words in that way he has when his voice goes so low into his register that it cracks. So painfully desperate.

And Lisbon is relentless in her mission to save and protect.

Thanks for the accolades, though finding a few extra commas is nothing compared to the pure psychological drama here-that's all yours. Even though I've read parts of it, it's different to see it actually unfold here as it's published. Can't wait to read more!
MentalistLover chapter 2 . 8/18/2011
Wow, this is fantastic. Just fantastic. You're doing such a great job showing Jane's conflicting emotions and denial. The tension is palpable. And Lisbon is so strong. I can't wait for more chapters and am looking forward to seeing the unraveling (literally) of Jane's grief.
Blue chapter 2 . 8/18/2011
This is so very clever and interesting. The push and pull between them is contagious in a way that lurs us to the place and time of the action. I do love the power Lisbon has over Jane and his obvious denial.

I'm craving for another chapter again.
Kourion chapter 2 . 8/18/2011
I love the additions to both chapters, by the way! From chapter one's talk of "clean grief" to the simmering UST/ and intensity of Jane's feelings for Lisbon, his continued respect for her contrasted against his sense of betrayal, his fear that if he stops and thinks about the fact that she *didn't betray* him, he's going to crumble. The grief over his family, their real loss, is going to hit him full force. Because most people, I think, seem to want to stay angry over being resigned to loss, and heartbroken. Because at least anger keeps them going. Jane probably remembers all too well what happened the last time he felt so truly heart sick. He wound up in a psych hospital. So... :/ Can't wait for chapter 3! ;)
Kourion chapter 1 . 8/18/2011
I'm so happy that I checked my email this morning! This is seriously one of my all time favourite pieces, and I will await each chapter eagerly. (I even shared your story with my sister, a fledgling Mentalist fan, and she agreed that it was awesome ;)). Ha, that's when you know it's impacting stuff! I can see you've added more to each chapter (as compared to the original versions), so I'm off to re-read/ read the additional parts now. :)
141 | « Prev Page 1 .. 7 8 9 10