Reviews for Domus Hadeum, or Where You Live
BookWorm848yahoo.com chapter 18 . 5/20/2012
Jane's sex!issues are now my head cannon. I liked this story becuase it began strong and ended strong. There was a short time in the middle when I thought the introspection to action ratio was off, but you recovered. Thank you for sharing your work, it is appreciated.
siobhan.22 chapter 1 . 5/8/2012
Good chapter
tromana chapter 18 . 3/26/2012
I'm glad that you wrote this epilogue, just to show that everything they achieved back at Malibu wasn't undone simply by being back in California. It addressed issues brought up previously in a neat way - such as why Jane is unable to cope with eye contact during sex (something which is terribly believable, I feel.) The changes in power - him being in her domain, her not taking the lead during sex for the first time - all showed that the connection they've forged is one to last.

I also enjoyed Hightower's brief interlude. I'm glad she didn't get all 'against the rules' on them and instead, shows she has Lisbon's back as much as Van Pelt showed it earlier. And the teasing/flirtatious banter leaves a satisfying, warm conclusion to what has been a hell of a ride. It's also a perfect example of what I describe as being the 'right' ending for a story - and shows that despite people believing otherwise, I can appreciate a good happy ending.
tromana chapter 17 . 3/26/2012
I don't think it will come as much of a surprise that the first thing I'll comment on in this chapter was the Doctor Who reference. It took me an embarrassingly long time to compose myself after that, and even longer to shake away the images of Jane-as-K9. (I do love the idea of Lisbon being a Whovian, and I could also see her taking excellent care of a K9 unit, if given the chance.)

Anyway, after the course of emotions throughout this, it certainly doesn't disappoint. I think you've done a phenomenal job of breaking them apart and putting them both back together again, something which, in reality they need. Like you said in a comment, there's too many stories where Jane just 'gets over it' far too quickly and this feels like an ideal tonic to those. Even though it happens over such a short time scale, it feels like it's taken so much longer.

(Also, now I 'get' why you have Jane refer to Lisbon as 'Queen' in your kinkmeme stories. After reading this, it seems to make a lot more sense as to why you favour it.)
tromana chapter 16 . 3/26/2012
Oh it's so nice to see them back to bantering again. It's different to how it was considering everything they've been through, mostly because of the lingering afterthoughts about the fic in itself. Still, it's nice that they're finally beginning to hit that 'happier' stage. And Jane's mention of how much he respects them for their profession makes me smile, after all, he doesn't always show it...
tromana chapter 15 . 3/26/2012
Good for Van Pelt! I've been looking forward to her appearance as I've really enjoyed your portrayal of her in the brief sections she's been in before. It's about time somebody stood up to Jane over what he's doing/done and made him acknowledge the damage he's caused.

The beautiful flecks of detail - Lisbon's singing hymns to push down the horror of what she is doing, Van Pelt's history with abuse, Jane calling himself 'pathetically weak' for not being able to stop by and watch her remove the signature (never mind actually helping her do it) all bring this to life.

It's good to see that Jane is planning to get them out of there, I think they need it after all this. So much has changed in such a brief time frame...
tromana chapter 14 . 3/26/2012
Oooh, I'm glad some of Lisbon's issues have been brought to the foreground. So far, it's been all about Jane and the problems he has. I think Lisbon's panic attack was a shock to the system for him -he's so used to her being able to take all of his crap, but that was a step too far and it really shook them both up. I also find the use of the nickname 'precious' intriguing, as it does have some possessive undertones to it.
tromana chapter 13 . 3/26/2012
Oh yes, I'm so glad that that issue has been brought up. Jane is more than a little worrying throughout this. I know he's always been dominant, but it's the fact that he's expressing it in such a way that it is scaring Lisbon away. I love the concept of him knowing she has the ability to fix him and that he wants (needs?) her to do it so badly. I don't know quite what I'm hoping for from the final chapters. This still seems like such a mess for them to get out of, but I hope they can, somehow...
tromana chapter 12 . 3/26/2012
Whoever thought Kum&Go was a good name for a convenience store... (says she, who lives in the East of England, where half our independents have 'witty' double entendres for names. Especially hairdressers for some reason...)

Anyway. It's interesting seeing Lisbon's internal struggle, where she's agreed to give into him, especially when he's essentially already suggesting kids. (And yes, yet again, I agree with her that the fact he has essentially worked out her cycle is a little creepy.)

I'm glad that she wants and needs respite from his mind games for now. I'm still concerned about where this leaves them, but I'm not surprised. Still, you're doing an excellent job of working through their issues and making it seem plausible.
tromana chapter 11 . 3/26/2012
After what I said in the last review, I'm glad this is the aftermath. A lot of Lisbon's questions for Jane were the same ones I had in my mind and it seems he answered them honestly enough. I'm not sure where he got 'relationship' from in his mind, just like Lisbon was. And yet, at the same time, it makes sense, because Jane is never one to do things in order. Of course he'd view the past however many years they've known each other as some sort of courtship, and see them not needing to do the 'hearts and flowers' routine. Given his history, I'm not surprised he views that as fakery either. This story is very exhausting to read, because of all the mind games, but so compelling too. It's an avenue I sincerely doubt they'd ever consider on the show, and that makes it all the more fascinating.
tromana chapter 10 . 3/26/2012
I don't blame Lisbon for not catching up quickly, to be honest. His changes seem to have come so fast - one moment, he's trying to seek revenge for her 'stealing' Red John, now he's claiming to be surrendering to her. It's enough to screw around with anyone's head. Unless that's the point? He wants her to think he's surrendering to her, so that in the grand scheme of things he's hurting her? But then, I don't buy that. Maybe it's just me hoping he's being honest (for once!) and that this is him genuinely giving up on the idea of revenge, for her.

Also, I do like that Van Pelt has been Lisbon's contact throughout. I think there's something about her intuition which works better than if it was say, Cho, who sees things more black and white. I do like how she's realising from very brief exchanges just how much of herself Lisbon is losing to this situation. At face value, it shouldn't be so bad, but it's all the psychology that is bringing her down, and what I worry might be her downfall in this. But the genre you've chosen for this is drama/romance, so I live in hope...
tromana chapter 9 . 3/26/2012
Oh, now this feels like the turning point. The moving of the ring signifies so much and I'm glad that Lisbon recognised that too. Also, Jane's need for her to be close but wish for her to release herself from his 'dungeon' makes for very interesting reading. I'm not sure if she's 'suffering' in the way he ever intended since he brought her there, but I'm sure this experience is changing them both. Whether or not it's for the better remains to be seen.
tromana chapter 8 . 3/26/2012
This seems like where their power play gets really interesting. I'm glad you've brought up that Lisbon has gotten inside him, psychologically speaking, just as much as he has in her. Sex which means something is clearly something that's important to her, as opposed to the one night stands she's had in the past. Of course she's not going to let Jane have it his way, when she needs it to be more than that. That seems to be one line she can't let him cross...
tromana chapter 7 . 3/26/2012
Oh, so I didn't expect the ending in the slightest. I'm kind of glad they stopped, as it doesn't feel right for them to go there yet. At the same time, I'm wondering is this progress? It's certainly a shift, of sorts. Also, I'm glad Jane's addressed the 'Stepford wife' routine and that Lisbon has been entirely honest about it. Also glad she's got rid of that dress. At least Van Pelt's parcel should be with her soon.

Oh and yes, glad Jane got there in time to stop her from removing the smiley face. I swear it's something he needs to do, not her. That would have caused irreparable damage, I feel.
tromana chapter 6 . 3/26/2012
The picking up of the pomegranate is this first thing that intrigued me (I haven't got beyond that section yet), mostly because of the earlier referral to the gods of the underworld and the story of Hades and Persephone.

So, Lisbon has taken up some of Jane's dirty tricks and is essentially trying reverse psychology on him? Nice. At the same time though, it's disconcerting, because she's almost bending to his whims... at least it's having the desired effect. Also, I'm glad Cho has found an acceptable compromise to allow Grace to check on the pair of them.

Finally, I'm slightly concerned about Lisbon's plan to get rid of the smiley face. I understand why she wants to do it, but it does leave me fearful for the repercussions on her for doing it.
141 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »