Reviews for Domus Hadeum, or Where You Live
LittleMender chapter 17 . 12/2/2011
Woo-hoo! Of course, Lisbon is perfectly comfortable taking charge. And Jane was so beautifully behaved. But like Lisbon, I'm curious as to his need for that particular positioning. I hope we'll hear more about that in the epilogue.

I liked Jane's tenderness entwined with Lisbon's more ragged edge rather than the two opposites being merely juxtaposed. Gave it a much better, more compelling texture.

And one of my favorite lines was "I'm not going anywhere unless you send me away." Such a sweet combination of need and resoluteness.

Very nice, heated and sweetly "M" chapter, MW. Looking forward to the epilogue!
MeltedChocoButton chapter 17 . 11/28/2011
Good chapter. I like how considerate and tender they were with each other after such a dark difficult time. They definitely deserve some comfort.

Jane feeling uncomfortable with doing anything that vaguely resembles dominating Lisbon made sense to me. He's so desperate not to hurt her. But hopefully that will get resolved too.

Thought-provoking as ever:)

On, just to add, that line about his emotions catering at different speeds stood out to me. Could really picture his mental bombardment.
TeresaLisbonCBI chapter 17 . 11/28/2011
I love this chapter, it was perfect for them!
mwalter1 chapter 17 . 11/28/2011
Wow! That was ramantic and HOT! Looking forward to the epilogue.
AVG18 chapter 17 . 11/28/2011
BRAVO! just beautiful, wonderful, I do not think I have enough adjectives to praise this chapter. It was beautiful, sexy, romantic, everything I expected this moment to be. I liked that the roles sort of reversed a little, Teresa being the one guiding Patrick, and him just telling her all the beautiful things he thought of her, how he cherished her, making her feel like she has never felt before. But I think he feels like he's walking on a land with mines. He got scared at one moment, and he hesitates, because he doesn't want to scare her, doesn't want her to think that he could hurt her in their most intimate moments, when not only they are connecting physically, but most important, connectic emotionally. The good thing, is that she "is there",with him, so he will cross that mined land.

And of course I would like to extend the congrats to LittleMender, for she is too good to take credit, but she is a wonderful guide.

MerriWyllow, you have a fantastic fic here, thank you for sharing it with us (could you believe that just yesterdat I looked at the fic to see if there were any updates? what a lovely inevitable event that today there was a new chapter!).
All-I-need chapter 17 . 11/28/2011
Wow ... I dont really know what to say.

This is perfect. Finally they got out of that house, found this great B&B and even got to make love - which really has been a long time coming.

I love that his insecurities and guilt re-surfaced for a moment and Lisbon talked him out of it without any problems at all. He needs someone who understands and manages to drag him out of this dark place in his mind - and Lisbon is just the person for the job!

And hey, she gets Patrick Jane out of the deal. Couldve been a lot worse, I guess.

I cant wait to read the epilogue! Oh, and applause to Little Mender. Dont care if she likes it or not, either! ;-)
Duppy Conqueror chapter 5 . 11/18/2011
I'm up to chapter 5 now...sorry law school is kicking my ass right good.

I'm really at odds with this Jane, but in a good way. I've always thought that he had the capacity for violence, but hid it well under a pretty facade (as we've discussed before). Still, his general fear of confinement and that oh so revealing sob of "I don't like being bullied" when Rachel Barrowman kidnapped him always made me wonder if he would be able to met out such punishment to someone else. Red John...sure he proved it by shooting the decoy, but anyone else...I wonder. If bullying releases a visceral fear in someone as controlled as Jane, as does being held at gun point (he really dislikes guns no? irony of shooting two people be damned), could he really bully someone else?

But this Jane clearly is capable and I'm thrilled someone's writing it that way. Too often we're left to believe by fanfic that Jane is the world's greatest suitor, just you know, cursed with tragic tragic circumstances. When really, he'd come with a whole ball of crazy, handsome or not.

And I'm also thrilled he's had some sober-second-what-the-hell-would-my-wife-think thought in this chapter.

Exams are coming but I promise to read more as soon as I can!
Teresa Lisbon Jane chapter 1 . 11/14/2011
I love you're story. A lot of thought and effort was put into it. Great job. Waiting for more ;)
Nimueiswriting chapter 16 . 11/4/2011
Im loving this story more with each chapter 3
Blue chapter 16 . 11/3/2011
Wow, there's only one more to go...!

This chapter had many cute lines, it showed lightness, humor and care, all evidance that even though things aren't perfect, they're definitely looking up.
AVG18 chapter 16 . 11/3/2011
a B&B with a vineyard! I couldn't have picked it better, or maybe I would have picked it out of many choices. I think this was a light transition chapter, since the last two were angsty, it was good to light the mood. And Patrick, only he would forget the wallet...who would have thought? Ha! I can imagine Teresa's face. Funny he didn't try to hypnotize the pharmacist lol!

It's been great to read this story, but all good things come to an end, as always I'll be waiting for the last one. Awesome job from begining to end!
LittleMender chapter 16 . 11/3/2011
So glad they're coming back out into the light. I liked their ease with one another, too-more like their old or usual selves. It makes sense that would transfer over into a more romantic relationship, along with the slight nerves that sometimes go with new love. And the buying of condoms. Very nicely done, MW.
All-I-need chapter 16 . 11/3/2011
Thank you so much! Im laughing like crazy here. He forgot his wallet...thats just so ... un-Jane-like. *laughs*

And somehow he also managed to imply he wants to meet Lisbons brothers - all at the same time. Oh dear. I wonder wholl survive this meeting - and with how many bruises to show for it.

Also, Id like to point out that Id love to do the laundry if Simon Baker was waiting for me on the washing machine... Im 19, Ive got an excuse!

This story is great, I love how you managed the transition from "greek tragedy to comedy" without it seeming unnatural or forced. Well done!

Im looking forward to the next chapter already. The last one, really? Thats unexpected. How about a nice epiloque in addition to the last chapter?
dreamsoflove311 chapter 15 . 10/30/2011
So I finished reading through all 15 chapters at 3am last night...once I found this story and started reading, I just couldn't stop! I figured I would wait until I woke up this morning before attempting to leave a review so that it might be semi-coherent. :)

The story you have created here is amazing. It is so wonderfully dark and starkly honest. I have never seen Jane portrayed this way in the aftermath of Red John, but after reading this, not only can I see it, but I believe it. You have taken Jane and Lisbon, and walked them along the knife's edge of insanity with such precarious precision.

The idea of Jane needing to drag Lisbon with him into his own personal hell is something I hadn't considered, but wow, the way you have written it, I can truly see it happening.

And Lisbon, fighting to balance her need for Jane, to help Jane, with her need for control and her own emotional welfare...perfect!

The world you have created for these two is frightening and exciting, and I can't wait to read more. I am going to be eagerly awaiting an update!
Blue chapter 15 . 10/28/2011
It was beautiful how Lisbon took it as an honor the fact that Jane allowed her to do something so... Powerful like cleaning his past, it was very well described.

I could imagine her doing the singing, deep shaking voice, especially after seeing the gathering on Bosco's funeral day, - such a beautiful team scene.

The phone call was actually something I liked a lot since the few lines they spoke seemed so weightless compared to the last days, it was a glimpse of the ''before this''. And I mean I like heaviness! ;)

''Sweetheart'' and ''my love'' are very pleasant ways to see the change between the early days when he was being hard and rough on her when they came to the house and now that he's getting more delicate with her.

I'm not sure Van Pelt would be so perceptive on reading Lisbon with so much certainty, though I guess it could be possible considering her changes now after the Craig situation. Somehow her visit allowed a light pause on the tension providing a less strained chapter. I'd probably be more of a protective!Cho fan but VP worked.

I can feel change.

Looking forward to read more: Lisbon still being exhausted, Jane and the last day at the house, he's taking her to an inn? Very interesting!

Long comment, sorry!