Reviews for Chuck vs the Commission
reptile 97 chapter 1 . 8/21/2011
Hello

I wanted to wish you congratulations. I wish for along career for you. I know a chaplin who retired an admrial. Thank you for the service thanks for all the great storys you write.

God speed
IrishRunner77 chapter 1 . 8/21/2011
Congratulations on your commission! And thank you for your service. I haven't had a chance to dive into fake empire yet, but it nearing the top of my queue. I look forward to it.
coreymon77 chapter 1 . 8/20/2011
hey, congratulations man! That's fantastic! We all are entitled to a little vanity every now and then, especially after such an achievement!

until next time,

coreymon77
jinxed97 chapter 1 . 8/20/2011
Good story. Congrats on the becoming an officer. Your time in the Navy will be definitely be rewarding and worthwhile. I spent 21 years in the Air Force as a computer guy, wouldn't change those experiences for anything. As for whether the Fake Empire is a stupid, I think it is one of your best, and enjoy every chapter. Glad you didn't get too discouraged and have continued the story. Look forward to more from you...
TaleWeaver chapter 1 . 8/19/2011
First, ignore the person who said your story was stupid. If they can't actually back up their claim with some example or incident they felt was the problem (ie the moment when it jumped the shark) then they're not giving a reasoned opinion. Unreasoned criticisms are just random bile, and should be dismissed as ramblings of the ignorant.

Second... PLEASE don't think for a moment that I'm criticising your commission or your calling! I admire your commitment to your chosen career and your courage in pursuing it during troubled times for your country.

But the whole 'so help me God' line has always bothered me - what about people who don't believe in God? Isn't swearing an oath using that line a form of lying, which would make it oathbreaking at the very same time? To be honest, I really think the oath should be about serving your country and it's citizens, and the specific Armed Force itself and it's codes of honor. (except for the Chaplain corps, naturally!)

And what about non-christian officers, such as Buddhists, Muslims, or even pagans? Can you switch out the name of the appropriate divinity? Because otherwise it hardly seems fair.
ChuckReader chapter 1 . 8/19/2011
Congratulations JMG. Thank you for your service.

A little vanity is what allows us to be the best.
pastorannie chapter 1 . 8/18/2011
I really enjoyed this commissioning fic and especially was delighted to see your true commissioning into

your military calling. I will be including you in my prayers that you continue to exemplify the code of conduct that both the Lord and your calling commands you to do. And now I am going to read Chuck vs. the Fake Name just to throw a raspberry at the person who said it was stupid. I think we all have had some manure thrown at our stories; just use it to motivate you to keep writing. Thank you again for your writing and esp. this one.
LinShoe85 chapter 1 . 8/18/2011
Congrats on the commission! :) And I can't wait for another chapter of Fake Empire so I hope that gets you out of the writing funk as well.
East Coast Captain chapter 1 . 8/18/2011
Very detailed one shots, I especially love the Lisa one. I like future fics. I know this is pathetic of me but can you review my future fics about Chuck? One is called Vs Starbridge and the other Vs Deception.
vandevere chapter 1 . 8/18/2011
Congratulations on your Commission, and thank you for letting us see how our favorite characters might have fared in similar situations...

May the Good Lord keep an eye out for you in all you do...

Vandevere