Reviews for Journey To Refuge
Arithmancy Master chapter 21 . 6/2
I know that the story hasn't been updated for a couple of years, but have no reason to think that you won't have the time, energy and creativity necessary to post more.

After all, I read The Clan of the Cave Bear in 1980, shortly after it was first published, and waiting times for the subsequent books were probably something like 2, 3, 5, 8 and 12 years, certainly the final book was published 30 years after the first. Therefore, whilst I might not be around in thirty years time, I would like to encourage you to continue when you are able and will follow the story in the hope that this will happen.
Arithmancy Master chapter 20 . 6/2
Oh, dear. I was hoping to hear about Durc, as he hadn't featured for a while. However, I certainly wasn't expecting Ranec to kill his mate before words were even exchanged.
Hoping that the next chapter, which is the last one currently posted, will show a better outcome and some positive dialogue that will enable the two groups to move forward together - as I presume that the ultimate aim of the story is that both groups will reach Ayla and Jondalar.
Arithmancy Master chapter 19 . 6/2
I'm pleased that you merely referred to sharing pleasures rather than providing graphic descriptions that could several pages in the books.
Arithmancy Master chapter 15 . 6/2
So maybe Creb and Mamut are going to rescue Ayla together from this experience, as it seems like Trok will not be open to Ayla joining them and maybe travelling further into the future.
Arithmancy Master chapter 13 . 6/2
Hopefully they will allow Ayla to mediate, rather than increasing the tension.
Arithmancy Master chapter 11 . 6/2
I can see that things are lining up. Unlikely to be Durc, as he is so far away. So probably Guban will come in their direction.
Arithmancy Master chapter 8 . 6/2
Well, I hope that Durc's encounter with the Others will go better than Broud's - won't be hard!
Arithmancy Master chapter 6 . 6/2
Yes, that does seem typical of Broud.
Arithmancy Master chapter 4 . 6/2
Interesting way of showing how the Clan clashed with the Others - competing for space as they tried to move south. I'm enjoying the fact that we are getting several different storylines.
Arithmancy Master chapter 1 . 6/1
Great idea for a story. I'm hoping that when he finds Ayla they will meet in the place of the spirits and she will either catch a glimpse of or even help Mamut to his ultimate destination with Mut / the Mother
Zelia14 chapter 15 . 5/19
Just a couple comments, based on the terms used in Auel's books:

Zelandoni of the 9th cave, formerly Zolena, gave up her personal name when she came Zelandoni. To call her by her former name kind of trivializes who she is and the functions she performs.

Zelandonia is the plural of Zelandoni, and refers to all of the Zelanoni (spiritual advisers and healers) as a group.

Zelandonii is the name of all of Jondalar's people as a group.
terrie chapter 21 . 5/19
i have enjoyed the whole story ,but no update or continuation of the story for two year. is there more
gwmmbm chapter 21 . 4/18
Honestly, I don't know when I'll finish. A lot of the rest of my story is complete, but in scattered pieces (for example, the final chapters are completely done, since I wanted to have a definite ending to shape the narrative towards); a lot of it is outlined/drafted; and a lot is just sketched out so that I can recall the main plot points if/when I get back to complete this story. I'd guess I'm at about the one-third point of my story with what I've published here so far, so there's still a lot to go.

Never in a million years thought I'd still be unfinished this far out in time. I appreciate all of the positive comments, and would like to finish it before I'm finished myself [ }:~) ]. Sorry, but that's life...at least for the time being.
Melissa chapter 21 . 4/18
Hi, I was really enjoying this story. Do you think you will finish it?
Inconclusive chapter 21 . 4/9
This is brilliant. Well written, engaging, and challenging some of the problems Jean Auel left so unsatsisfyingly unconcluded. Hope you find the time to finish it one day.