Reviews for Corin
Marvey4 chapter 23 . 1/6/2012
And things are back to normal. As expected from Fergus :) I suppose next chapter we get to the good stuff?
karthik9 chapter 23 . 1/6/2012
it is excellent chapter i look forward to future update
Zikarn Krais chapter 22 . 1/6/2012
Were this a darker story, I'd almost be interested to see a story where it turns brother against brother. Especially if Anora is revealed to have had feelings for Fergus before his marriage. After all, he is a lot closer in age than that of Corin.

I think it would actually be rather fascinating to see the fallout were Corin to actually fall. And I mean that in the best of ways. While he is the main character (the name-character, to be exact), half the fun is when things affect the main character just as much as they affect the side characters. Even better if the death is against the Archdemon himself. Though I would NOT be surprised if Corin were to undergo the Dark Ritual, though I can definitely see him thinking about what if he DOES survive, and the banns find out he actually sired a bastard of his own. And what it would do to undermine his worthiness of the throne. Hell, you could even throw in Fergus at that point, as someone who has REMAINED faithful to their significant other, is not a Grey Warden, and is a legitimate Cousland. So in the end, Corin's attempt to survive and keep his importance among the higher-ups turns out to bite him in the end and he is forced to go in disgrace. To keep the image, Anora would have to marry Fergus (to show that it was just Corin's loins that sired such a bastard, Anora has still remained faithful and will continue to be so towards the next King)

Ah, the treachery of the court, it makes everything all the more fun.
Suilven chapter 22 . 1/5/2012
I love Corin's vulnerability at the end of this chapter. His final lines to Alistair were powerfully done and left me clambering for the non-existent 'Next' button. I can't wait to see how this is all going to play out, especially with Morrigan's "gift" to Anora and how you're going to address the Dark Ritual.
Zukafew119 chapter 21 . 1/5/2012
Nice banter between Alister and Corin:"You know what your problem is? You think too damned much! Think, think, think all the time. Worry, worry, worry. Plot, plot, plot. You should try just being oblivious every once in a while. I find it very restful." "Maker! You are such a total prat, Alistair Theirin!" "I know what this was really about." "Oh, you do, Ser Oblivious-Yet-Insightful-At-The-Same-Time?" I do agree with Corin that wardens should give up all that secrecy stuff, yes its a risk but it probably would work out fine in the end. I think you have a typo here in the first paragraph in the last section of the chapter at the end of this sentence: drained of all color until it looked pale as whey. I liked the banter between Fergus and Corin. Great Chapter!
Mike chapter 22 . 1/5/2012
I had some more thoughts about the chapter, especially the says near the end he takes his oaths seriously and will fulfill them. I take this to mean he won't be doing anything to jeopardize the betrothal or anything like that. It also means he will be the one to kill the Archdemon if it falls to him.

I can see where it would look suspicious to see Anora and his brother sharing a hug and kiss, and then a few hours later Anora gives his brother the Teyrnir. I can see where Corin would be concerned about that.

I'm not surprised Alistair will be staying in Denerim with Fergus, or that Corin played a part separating Anora and his brother. I'm also not surprised Corin will be sending someone along with Anora-Corin will definitely be keeping a close eye on both of them.

Two things can happen-Corin will find out there's nothing to be worried about, or he'll find out his brother is really after the throne. In the latter case, I wouldn't care to take odds on how long Fergus can be expected to live.

To summarize-I expect Corin to keep an eye on things and not much else. If something else develops, all bets are off.
mille libri chapter 22 . 1/5/2012
Poor Corin! Joy on the one hand but not so much on the other hand. I look forward to Corin and Fergus having a chance to talk ... or will they, if Corin has to ride immediately for Redcliffe? Lots of very nicely built tension. (And the lovely image of naked Fergus in the tub, for which I thank you!)
Zukafew119 chapter 20 . 1/5/2012
Nice chapter! I like how you refereed to Sister Agnetha in this chapter; I like her and it would be nice to "see" her in this story later on. I am curious why you had Marjory and Mathilde, two of the Gnawed Noble's waitresses, in here was it a example of some random people in the crowd's POV or some other reason; I did like them. Also another question is: what made Alister so mad at the end of the chapter that Corin did not really consider himself a warden or his not so flattering portrayal of Duncan?
spectre4hire chapter 22 . 1/5/2012
Another good chapter with a quick update. You will find no complaints here.

I liked the discussion of strategy between the different nobles and the different roles of leadership that was divied out.

I'm looking forward to see how you plan on writing the final battle.

So the Wardens finally know what must be done. I am hoping that Anora will not simply allow Corin to pair her with his brother. She should fight for him and vice versa.

All in all another splendid chapter.

Thanks for sharing,

-Spectre4hire
Marvey4 chapter 22 . 1/5/2012
That's a good plan considering they don't have much time and they can't just strengthen the defences of one city. But the ending makes the story take a totally different direction. I can't wait for the next chapter.
Mike chapter 22 . 1/5/2012
Not liking the turn this has taken. Nothing against Fergus, but I want a Corin-Anora marriage. Anora's promised to marry Alistair if anything happens to Corin in front of the Landsmeet, so I really don't see how Fergus could take the throne.

Speaking of the Landsmeet, I seem to recall it was stated that you needed a Warden to kill the Archdemon at the Landsmeet. Corin and Alistair seemed to have missed that memo at the Landsmeet.

I don't get how anything could have happened between Fergus and Anora at Ostagar or around then. Fergus disappeared some time before Ostagar, and note would have been taken if he appeared in Denerim around that time.

Anora made a mistake by kissing and hugging Fergus in public like that, but a big overreaction from Corin. I'll put it to a combination of him being 18, no sleep the previous night, and a bit of insecurity about their relationship. Neither he or Anora have used the L word-hopefully this will bring things out in the open.

Finally Morrigan-the way things stand now, this might hurt her chances at the Dark Ritual. If Corin really wants to go the Ultimate Sacrifice route, it's unlikely he'll go along with her plan. That might be a overeaction though-he's simply presented that he may do it. I think his death would really hurt Anora however, and with a child coming may simply decide to not marry again.

I'll continue to read, and hope Corin and Anora make it over this rough patch coming up.
JadeOokami chapter 22 . 1/5/2012
Oh. Well, that's not good. I'm hoping that this is a case of him being too overly concerned where there need be none.

I enjoyed the small light Zevran got, and Morrigan showing what I suppose IS her most polite, haha. Seeing more of Fergus was also definitely welcome. My favorite scene was most certainly when he received his welcome from Pooka. That is probably one of my favorites from the entire story!
Guest chapter 19 . 1/5/2012
Feedback/Review for: Corin, Chapter 19

Signed Review: Zukafew119

Review: 9298 characters

I liked the banter between Alister and Corin in during breakfast. Example of this: "See? You know that. I wouldn't. And it would drive me crazy and I'd end up-" "-in the cheese cellar, lost, alone and without any pants." "Exactly!" Alistair looked thoughtful for a moment. "Of course, that wouldn't be the worst thing that could happen to you, given the quality of the cheese here." Corin swallowed a mouthful of muffin, and then grinned. "I can see it now. The realm is taken over and ruled in your name by the Evil Chancellor, who shoves decrees under your hand to sign, which you do willingly so long as the Orlesian Blue keeps coming." "That's probably how it would turn out, truthfully." Great chapter.
owl208 chapter 22 . 1/5/2012
Love it, Love it, LOVE IT! Excellent job, Isabeau!

Corin being expendable sets the stage for a)Morrigan's ritual and b)Anora finding out she's pregnant, c)possible betrayal.

Isn't Morrigan just the smartest thing on the planet? Gotta hand it to her. Corin might just have some insurance now, but hmmm. Do I sense Flemeth in the weeds, somewhere?

Things are getting so juicy! I just can't wait to see what you do with it all. :)
Tsu Doh Nimh chapter 22 . 1/5/2012
It has taken me three days reading a snippet at a time to read through this fic. You have created a superb Cousland character. I've never played through the Human Noble, but I suddenly have a hankering just to play with the options you get at the Landsmeet. Well done.
1,153 | « Prev Page 1 .. 47 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 67 .. Last Next »