Reviews for To Fight and Protect
Ironic Obsession chapter 9 . 5/20
Amazing story. There is such detail in it and you don't leave anything out. Its disappointing that you haven't updated recently, espeacilly on such a cliff hanger. I love how you only changed the story up enough to fit your own ideas and still left the basis there. Please update soon and keep up the good work!
Glaux Bryonia chapter 9 . 4/18
Finished reading this and now regretting starting at all because I WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS NEXT! What is going on with Yuzu? What did Kisuke and Isshin feed her? What is going to happen with Aizen and Ichigo and the whole revolt? Aargh, I wanna know!
Have you really quit writing this? :(
Annoy mouse chapter 9 . 2/1
You really, really, really need to tell us what they did to Yuzu. The suspense is killing me! It can't be simply Hollowification, there has to be something incredibly clever behind it all and I can't figure it out!
Akayuki Novak chapter 9 . 1/20
Yeah... I really, really don't think Ichigo will be happy, but he'll eventually forgive Isshin... provided that whatever is going on with Yuzu doesn't kill her, then he might never be able to forgive them.
Yandere Shoujo chapter 3 . 1/18
I had to stop 1/3 through the chapter because this was seriously bugging me. I think I see what my problem is while reading this. I like the plot you have layed out, but I don't like how it's written.

You give flashbacks, but they're interwoven with the main story to the point that it's just a clumsy read. Also, detail that seems more like filler. Alright, ex assassin guy, great. His abrupt introduction followed by his life's story just seems like useless detail since there's nothing indicating he'll be important later on. The jumping back and forth with no clear barrier between the two makes my eyes glaze over and I want to find something that feels like it matters. If anything I think you should have just made a separate story and only given small hints about what happened through this because it's a lot being thrown at the reader.

When you lay all the facts out on the table instead of giving a brief once over, I can't help but to think whatever you mention will only be mentioned there and I can't bring myself to care. Imagine if Ron's entire family status and history made up most of his introduction in Harry Potter. We got snippets at bits of a time and learned through dialog about what happened to him. I feel like I'm looking at walls of text with not enough dialog since, when there is dialog, I'm actually enjoying what I'm reading.

Another thing, Seireitei's general influence on the world of the living. It's simply too much. Imagine if Ichigo moved to a big American city like New York and made a name for himself, then what? Central 46's not gonna send soul ninjas to assassinate him. Imagine the sheer fallout. Even if he were just abducted to be tried, he's a living being, and not even a Quincy so he has no true ties until he becomes a soul. If Ichigo were the manipulative type, he could alert the entire world of the existence of the SS granted that he does have ways to prove it exists. And all this is just hypothetical based off your version of SS government. It's simply absurd, illogical, and reckless. By all means the Spirit King himself should be sending the Zero Division to smack some judges upside the head for being so incompetent at keeping balance.

At least, that's just my opinion.
Great story, update please
Oh wow things has just gotten a lot more complicated. But still, I love reading ur fic, thx for posting!
HMP chapter 3 . 12/9/2014
Having a squealing fan-girl spass moment every time Ichigo does something Ichigo in this fic which is all the damn time,
hillary603 chapter 9 . 11/5/2014
Ahhhh awesome! I'm just dying to know whats going to happen!?
I really like that Karin and Yuzu are more active, I mean they are 19 its time for they to know how to figth. Its incredible the way you introduce the relationship of the others shinigamis with Ichigo. And now we know who the real boss is.
Im hopping for the friendship of Urahara and Ichigo, that pair is always awesome.
It world be amazing if their is a scene where the others mert Shiro and Zagetsu XD i dont know i just love Shiro when he comes outsiders the ir mine scape.
Please, just pleaseeee, continue the more you can.
Yorozuya chapter 9 . 10/26/2014
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

I finally find a REALLY good fic in this accused fandom and I see that IT HASN'T BEEN UPDATED FOR OVER 2 YEARS.

...

TT TT

I pray one day you come back and continue this. Please. It's really good.

Seriously, I love how the plot is rolling out and I'm interested in your OCs, especially now after yo introduced the new #rd captain. And you leave so many tantalizing sub plots of Aizen and Gin, and the Kurosaki family, and the core 4 friends coming back togther and AAAAAH

Moar pls?
Guest chapter 9 . 9/21/2014
OMG soooo good! i know you haven't posted in a really long time, but I'm soooooo obsessed with this vic! its super good, and if you still post on here please update and finish this story! PLEASE! IM DYIN OVER HERE! seriously good stuff!
Xiandao chapter 9 . 9/12/2014
I really hope you've been ruminating on this story because it's a unique work that deserves to be continued. I first read this when you began posting two years ago, but I still remembered vividly Ichigo and Hisagi writing encryptions in the desert, Aizen seeming almost lost yet still grasping for a future, and Byakuya's fear that his sincerity would be mistaken as arrogance. Many of the post-war stories I've read portray Ichigo as broken, damaged, and angst-ridden, but you instead write the Ichigo who achieves his goal of protecting as many as possible without losing himself. As you wrote, Ichigo learned from losing his mother that self-pity only hurts those around you, and I think this is a key element that grounds your portrayal of him as someone who could go through such a war and still be a paragon of strength. I enjoy imagining the many directions you could pursue your characters' threads in what promises to be a thrilling second war, but I would enjoy more reading what you've seen for their futures. Please consider resuming this memorable and beautiful story.
MADStar529 chapter 9 . 8/31/2014
Great chapter. Wow. UPDATE WHEN YOU CAN!
LisayaTomago chapter 9 . 8/24/2014
I REALLY love this story. though I'm quite sad you haven't updated it for two years. I'd really like to know what happened with Yuzu and Karin, though I have my own hypothesis. Ugh, I kinda hate you for not revealing it and completely skipping over that part... WHY?! Continue!
ArcanePracti-cat chapter 1 . 8/19/2014
Aww! Kisuke. :P
It's interesting so far- on to tha next chaptah! :P