Reviews for Hôtel Le Negresco
crownoflaurel chapter 1 . 5/22/2013
I think I might almost like this pairing, all due to you.
Sarcastic Texan chapter 1 . 3/25/2013
Another perfect story. You truly are a gifted writer. Please make more of these-Butler/Minerva stories. They ones I've read from you are always so wonderful and real.
fackthis chapter 1 . 1/9/2013
This was interesting. I haven't read a whole lot of Butler/Minerva, but I plan to rectify that. :P
fluggerbutter chapter 1 . 1/4/2013
oh wow this is so beautiful i'm ? kind of having trouble even just. wow. this ship is amazing and complicated and wonderful in itself and it's hard to grasp properly for some people but i think you do it all the justice in the world and this is amazing. your writing is beautiful. the part that really got me, though, i think it was minerva's comment about her father and then artemis in comparison - it's so true and so simply stated but there's a lot more to that analysis if you think about it.

when i last checked this section of the site, a while ago, i believe kit's piece was the only minerva/butler one up! but you have produced some magnificent pieces since then and they measure up to hers outstandingly. thank you for this and the rest of your stuff on the ship - it is an unfortunately ignored one and you are in essence the only one here valiantly attempting to keep it sustained for us who are too lazy to write but are in love with the pairing anyway. (though i hope to join you in the attempt very, very soon.)

-mocha
Guest chapter 1 . 8/22/2011
This is wonderful. All your Butler and Minerva stories are. You write them very true to how the book characters actually are. It seems less like a fanfic, and more like something that was just left out of the series. I really, really, really hope you write more and often. :)
HaHaWaitWhat chapter 1 . 8/21/2011
Usually I don't like M/B fics but you've made this real. I actually really enjoyed it! Which is a first for me :L

I didn't spot any mistakes but that's just me, I'm the last person you would ask! I loved it.
koalakoala chapter 1 . 8/20/2011
Why are they always so believable in your fics? You make them work wonderfully, I'd almost forgotten that.

I especially liked "Mostly, he liked her. The rest was just icing on the cake," and "the only thing they had in common were long legs." And the rest of the waiter's thoughts were great, too.
Kitsune Heart chapter 1 . 8/20/2011
I kept myself up after a 30 mile bike ride to read this. And...I don't recall a lot, cause I was exhausted, but I know I liked it. I DO recall the shoes thing. There's something sexy about a woman leaning over and messing with her shoes.

Wish I had more intelligent things to say, but I'm still a bit messed up from last night. Gonna go take a painkiller and lay down, now...

Oh, glad to see you're alive. (That came out more snippy than I intended...)
Steinbock chapter 1 . 8/20/2011
Thanks for posting this in spite of being very busy! While I was reading this, I was watching a series called "Jeeves and Wooster". Did Minerva maybe take their cover name from this series? It would be just the kind of joke for her to make, since Jeeves is the perfect valet - and quite a bit smarter than his employer, too.

And all those thoughts about her being a trophy wife are funny, especially since, with the financial situation of the two involved, Butler would be the trophy husband. Or maybe he's in fact richer than Minerva because of his salary.

Should you find another piece like this on your hard drive, I would look forward to reading it, if you'd post it.
ilex-ferox chapter 1 . 8/20/2011
Lovely, as always; your Butler shows us the hidden side of his character ('Paris. He had forgotten.') while being true to the original. The only thing that worries me is that, since Interpol keep such a close eye on the Fowls and with his Eastern European appearance, he's going to get arrested for trafficking!