Reviews for Absolution
Brighid45 chapter 1 . 9/20/2011
Plenty of powerful insights here. Greg's anguish and despair are painful to read, but this is a great look at what's underneath that 'I feel nothing' statement he gave Wilson. So much sorrow and anger . . . and the ending is perfect. Now what? We can only hope he's able once more to pull himself out of the quicksand and survive as he's done before, but what comes after that? More of the same?

Excellent one-shot-angsty without being false, and tough to read, but ultimately an excellent view of the aftermath of Greg's self-sabotage. Well done.
oflymonddreams chapter 1 . 8/22/2011
I've always been a Hilson fan but I always liked Cuddy and respected her - until 7th season, when suddenly things went pearshaped. I really like this story because it does seem to clarify why Cuddy might have got into a relationship with House in the first place - and why she ditched him after he took Vicodin.

I'm sort of not looking forward to 8th season because while I can imagine many interesting ways to resolve the situation at the end of 7th season, I'm pretty sure the scriptwriters won't.
HughIsMagic chapter 1 . 8/20/2011
Your key to understand, I would say, of the entire seventh series, is fantastic. Intelligent, logical, emotionally involved at the right point, really great. And you write really well. My most sincere compliments. Thanks for sharing with us.
paulac45 chapter 1 . 8/20/2011
Good story, well written as usual. could picture House having those thoughts. Pity it ended where it did - like an exploration of him getting help for the wound, making the decision to go 'home', and even Wilson's reaction, even if it would obviously be AU at this time - think it would be interesting.
pgrabia chapter 1 . 8/19/2011
Very nicely done! This makes a lot of sense to me and is as legitimate an explaination for House and Cuddy's joyless relationship that I've heard yet. I think Cuddy is a pure narcissist, and she only cared about what she wanted and needed because for a narcissist, everything is about them. I think even having Rachel for Cuddy isn't so much about Rachel as it is about Cuddy possessing Rachel-someone to love her being the focus rather than her loving Rachel. I think the same was true when it came to House, or any other relationship in her life. I also think that as a narcissist Cuddy enjoys being pursued more than being caught and kept. As long as House was longing after her and trying to woo her away from Lucas she was happy, and Lucas just helped take care of her sexual and babysitting needs because once he had got her he became boring to her. Towards the end of season six we see House accepting the fact that Cuddy is with Lucas and he stops actively pursuing her. She gets frustrated that he dared to quit pursuing her obssessively so she tears into him at the crane disaster site to arouse his emotions again concerning him and when those emotions weren't possitive she decided that the only way she would ignite his interest was to dump Lucas and give House hope to keep him on edge again. Sure, he had succeed in getting her into a relationship with him, but she made certain that relationship was always in question, just one small step from falling apart so that in a sense House was still in pursuit, only this time it was pursuit of her approval. When House started hetting more comfortable wiuth their relationship and stopped trying as hard as before to please her she grew bored again like she did with Lucas and was looking for any reason to end it with House. She found it when he took his vicodin to be able to be with her when she was sick. Instead of helping him get back onto the sobriety wagon again like she would have if she had truly loved him for him, she dumped him and made things worse. House had stopped stroking her ego and had become just plain needy so she no longer had any use for him. It wasn't that long after the break up that she decided to start dating again, but again she had to keep it a secret from House and lie to him so she could keep him on edge, hoping so she could possibly spring a new relationship on him when he least suspected it and get House in the pursuit again. That's how I read her, anyhow.
limptulip chapter 1 . 8/19/2011
Indeed, now what? Great story.