Reviews for Remembering Me: Taking Back Time
Severmentor chapter 14 . 4/9
Dear Truckles,
You haven't updated this story for ages. I hope everything is okay? Please don't abandon this story - it's such a good one. Waiting patiently and hoping ...
Omg really loving your stories great entertainment for a week off sick, looking forward to future updates. your stories are really enjoyable to read and the only problems I have are sometimes with your use of complicated words but that's more my fault. please update soon :D
Sierra-A.W chapter 14 . 2/26
So I found your story about 3 weeks ago and have read all 3 stories up until your last chapter. I've really enjoyed the story so far and your writing style. I don't know what your update schedule is like, but I sure hope that chapter 15 will be updated soon! I can't wait to find out how book 3 plays out in your world.
Snape always addresses Dumbledore as 'Headmaster' or 'Professor'. It is very unlikely he'd ever address Dumbledore as 'old man'. And Dumbledore does command his respect, if not (also) his fear, as we learnt in DH.
FYI: cricket kit not cricket set (the cricket mad being in me shudders with horror). Imagined the smack of leather on willow and the ball going for a six, as (oh no!) the glass shatters and kids run. Brought back memories: my brother and I broke innumerable windows, a particular ground floor bathroom window, in line of our makeshift pitch was particularly susceptible. Ah! Childhood.
I have been following your stories and I do enjoy them, but I often find inconsistencies with canon characterisation that I can't reconcile with:
1. Snape is paranoid, I am surprised he does not use silencing spells. Those were pervasive in OotP. And he is the inventor of muffliato.
2. I don't think Snape would care much about Harry's hygiene, he hardly cares for his own what with greasy hair and yellow teeth. Considering his greasy, shoulder length hair, I don't think he'd force Harry into a haircut.
3. Black being described as a mongrel: no one but Lupin is aware that Black was an animagus who took the form of a dog. Such descriptions for Black make sense only after this fact becomes apparent.
4. Harry, throughout the series, has shown a mature outlook and a sense of responsibility, even feeling condemnation towards his own idealised father's bullying. I hardly think he'd participate in random delinquency.
5. Harry and Snape,(if they are still living at Spinners end), are residents of a muggle neighbourhood, living in a small, probably terraced house. It would be impossible for Harry to go out flying, lest he be seen. Even if Snape has charmed his back garden such that unusual activities are obscured to muggles, I doubt Harry would get more than 200 feet squared for flying.
6. Harry comes forth as a whiny 6 year old.

Naturally, the fact that I am still reading this series indicates that I do enjoy your stories. I am a hopeless sucker for Snape/Harry mentoring/father-son fics. However, I do think that your story could become much better if you stuck to character and added decriptions of the neighbourhood.
guest chapter 14 . 1/31
that is a nice story . please update soon.
Severmentor chapter 14 . 1/26
Dear Trucklesinthetree,

Just letting you know that I'm still checking every few days to see if you've updated this story. You haven't done so for a while. I really hopethat all's well in your life and that you will continue with your story as I'm really enjoying it.
coolibatree chapter 14 . 1/5
This is such a lovely story, thanks for putting it out there -
Maybe2Morrow chapter 14 . 12/22/2013
I love this story so much, but you're making Harry the most disobedient kid ever. It's like all he does is get in trouble. But maybe that's just me, I was an easy kid. I just can't imagine someone being so insolent, makes me scared for if I ever have kids lol. I can't wait for more though, and I really like how the thing with Sirius is going. I'm excited for the next chapter! :D
Tatajess chapter 14 . 12/21/2013
Loved this chapter! Thanks for writing and I look forward to more :)
undermine chapter 14 . 11/29/2013
This was one of the best chapters ) I really enjoyed the last moment between Sirius and Severus. I'm so glad Sirius saw that embrace between Severus and Harry. I also love Remus! Can't wait for the next chapter. Thank you, and I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!
ggp chapter 14 . 11/27/2013
"Do not go and disappear on me again,Harry,I do not appreciate having ten years stripped off my life expectancy every time you do" Great sentence, Truckles!And great chapter too!
You are so talented! Please update ASAP, nearly cant wait
littlemsstrawberry chapter 14 . 11/20/2013
Love it
cav55110 chapter 14 . 11/20/2013
WOW! LOVE THE STORY! PLEASE UPDATE SOON.