Reviews for Against the Moon
that artsy kid chapter 105 . 1/31
I have just read this entire fic in one glorious extended sitting, and it is the best marauders fic I've read. No joke. Plot-wise, it just feels completely right, and I LOVE the occasional nods you make to future events. Your second year, including your brilliant OCs, are now canon for me.

I know you paused writing back in 2014, but if an enthusiastic analysis of all 105 chapters would in any way help you resume, then DM me and I will write you suitably inspiring praise.

Thanks for writing such a cracking piece, I hope you're alright, and I'll wait in quiet hope for more.
Xx
Jill Cohen chapter 105 . 1/19
Wow, where do I start?
I found this story, I don't know, about a week ago? And I've read it start to "finish" as fast as I could. 105 chapters. Bravo. It wasnt until around chapter 27 that I realised you haven't updated this story in over a year. So that made the reading really bittersweet. I'm my experience when a story has been down for that long the authors rarely pick it back up. So I am now really bummed that I got to the "end". I do so hope that you still intent to carry on. There's so much more to cover. You wrote 105 chapters and they aren't even in third year yet. Incredible.
I do have to admit that some of the chapters, particularly the period of post xmas second year, that really dragged for me. Not much of real interest happening there. I admire you wanting to give a full account, but I wouldn't begrudge you moving things along more speedily. I am looking forward to the start of their Animagus saga.
The last few chapters, of the summer holidays have been brilliant! I love Mr and Mrs lupin. They are brilliant characters. I feel the drama of the struggle for money and still wanting to have the boys over to visit remus and Mr lupin skipping dinner and growing hopeless. I'm never more anxious then when he returns from a day of job searching, hoping that he'll have good news. They really really deserve a break. Please let they find it soon.
The boys are great. I love how they each fulfil their own niche in the marauders and how they each leave a mark when they aren't around, even Peter.
Things at hogwarts are also fun, except the hole saga of Prof Meyrrig, who I honestly have no affection for. I got the point you wanted to make with her and all that, but I found myself not caring a lot of the time.
I love love love that the Lupins now know that the boys are aware for Remus' furry little problem and that he can be more open with everyone about it. Even about his scars. With the typical adolescent mood swings coming he'll need all the relaxation he can get and not having to lie to his parents and friends will be a big part of that.
I so so so hope you update again soon.
Your newest fan,

Jill
DogStar13 chapter 85 . 1/10
I can't believe Sirius actually did that! I mean, sure, spy on the teacher, but to Side Apparate with her in the middle of the night, only the two of them?!

Love the plot, the details- wish I could be as imaginative as you! Every chapter is just brilliant!
That Crazy Potterhead chapter 105 . 1/8
Oh my goodness... I finished reading the story, it's AMAZING. I really, really, really hope you update soon... I don't know how I'll manage without any more to read! :)
hannahq32 chapter 105 . 1/6
Hi StoplightDelight,

I have been reading your story "Against the Moon" with great satisfaction. Remus Lupin has always been one of my favourite characters in Harry Potter, and this exploration of his backstory is compellingly written. I particularly enjoy how well- and vividly-written the characters are, since they seem to jump off the page, while their motivations and feelings are made clear and consistent by the pitch-perfect dialogue and descriptions. As well, all the characters have a realistic goodness and kindness to them, in a memorable way. I really liked Professor Meyrigg's storyline, since her and Remus's friendship shows how Remus would be inspired to be a teacher. I also really enjoy reading the little vignettes that explore Remus and Lily's friendship. One thing I wonder about is whether Lily would have worked out that Remus was a werewolf (to which she would surely be as sympathetic and understanding as Sirius and James)? If so, perhaps her skill in Potions would lead her to ponder the usefulness of the Wolfsbane Potion as a treatment? Of course, Remus may hear of such research from Madam Pomfrey. I look forward to reading more excellent chapters in the future, and thank you very much for the stunning work you have so far produced.
one of these days. i'm going to check this story and you would have updated! i believe!

ps... please update. i do check everyday.
That Crazy Potterhead chapter 82 . 1/5
Hi, I know your story hasn't been updated in a while but I still needed to review it. It's by far the best fanfiction I have read, and I've been reading it almost non-stop for a few days now :) The characters are exactly as I imagined them while I was reading Harry Potter.
I also thought I'd mention that I really liked your writing style. It's quite different to J. 's, but suits the story extremely well.
I think that your interpretation of Remus is really interesting, and the way that he acts around different people is very realistic and faithful to the books.
Lastly, I wanted to say that I really liked the way that you have shown Narcissa - sort of pretentious, and desperate to please her family and Lucius, but also still caring about Andromeda.
I swear, Betta MacFusty and Professor Meyrigg are as real to me as Harry, Ron, and Hermione are :) I love this story!
Guest chapter 105 . 12/28/2015
This story is wonderful, but surely it isn't over?
Guest chapter 95 . 12/14/2015
Judging by how he dealt with the post witch, Sirius and James are rubbing off on Remus.
Guest chapter 105 . 12/14/2015
I just realised that Hermes is the name of the Greek messenger god, isn't it?
Guest chapter 105 . 12/14/2015
It will honestly be a shame if this is left incomplete, it is such a wonderful fic.
Guest chapter 26 . 12/11/2015
please write more!
ShishaLepus chapter 87 . 12/10/2015
I do hope you find the inspiration to write for this again soon. Its just so unbelievably good, I can't wait to read what will happen.
Guest chapter 105 . 11/27/2015
I am still hoping for more chapters of this one - my absolute favourite marauders story. Your Remus is such a wonderful character and the three other boys and their families are described so well.. especially the Lupins and the black. What happens from here on? Please give us more!
geko-blackjack chapter 105 . 11/19/2015
This story is such a classic for me, one that I revisit often and never get tired of. Thanks for all your excellent work and just to say that I sincerely hope you're happy and well.
3,187 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »