Reviews for Against the Moon
Genera Agent678 chapter 105 . 8/22
Can James have something tragic in his life, it sounds like his life is perfect which is impossible everyone has tragedies :( also loving the story can't wait for the next chapter :) story of my life XD
I LOVE THIS STORY itssss soo amazing i cannot stop reading, i read about 15 chapters everyday, you sir/madam are a brilliant author best story ever
ShindaSekai7 chapter 50 . 8/14
k
spff chapter 31 . 8/7
"What if he doesn't want to be a snuffbox? W-what if he just wants to stay a mouse?"

That is so amazingly fantastically well written, and yet it is so simple, I just cannot describe how good and emotional I find that piece of writing! It's my faviroute part of the story so far and really conveys the sorrowfulness Remus has, I absolutely LOVE it!

Really, really good story so far, your characterization of each of the Marauders and timelines and plot and EVERYTHING is fantastic! Small wonder it's the second most reviewed Marauder era on the site, but for me it is the best!

Absolutely well done, brilliant work.

whattheDalek chapter 105 . 7/31
This is such a lovely story. Very sad in many places, but it has its hilarious moments as well. This has to be my third or forth time reading this masterpiece, and I have to say this is something I will never grow tired of. It fulfills many of my headcanons on the Marauders and then some, and the characterization is perfect to the T. You absolutely PEGGED Remus Lupin from the start, and developed the lives of the Marauders into something that basically breathes beauty. The only drawback I see is that it's not in hard copy, so I could keep rereading it to my heart's pleasure without further ruining my eyes :)

I know how tough it can be writing without the correct inspiration, and I wish you the best of muses.

Eagerly awaiting your next chapter,
whattheDalek
Agape2000 chapter 105 . 7/30
This is by far the best Marauders era fanfiction story I have read! I want to thank you for persisting in writing it and writing it at such a high quality even while struggling through your health issues. You make Remus and his struggle with lycanthropy so realistic and relateable. Hope that this is not because your personal health struggle is as burdensome lycanthropy! Sorry if this got too personal, but your writing just gets to me that way! Anyway, I eagerly and patiently await the next installment of Against the Moon!
Ktcbug10 chapter 105 . 7/20
This story is by far one of the most amazing things I have ever read. The way that you're able to not only take Queen Rowlings work in a way that makes it seem as if she wrote it, but also make it your own? It's amazing! The way that you write these already established characters, it isn't out of place and your aren't simply capitalizing on one of their main features and latching on to it (as I've seen many writers who try the Marauders do). You don't idolize them as gods who only do what's right and only hurt those who deserve it, yet you don't paint the vivid picture of them being mean spirited bullies. They're ordinary boys with extraordinary problems and powers as we often forget. My favorite thing would have to be the inevitable unveiling of Remus' secret (as it is also probably other people's). Not all of them outright accept his condition, and even then Sirius was hesitant in the very beginning. You actually recognize the fact that these prejudices that Remus grew up with did affect them all, and they can't just throw that all away at the mere age of 12 no matter how right or wrong it may be. This is by far my favorite piece of work on this site, and I can't wait for the time that you pen down another amazing chapter. Hopefully soon, as I'd dread to wait much longer for an astounding piece of work.
TheFool92 chapter 105 . 7/19
I have loved every second of this! Thank you :-)
Queen Oreo Awesomeness chapter 105 . 7/18
So, Remus's parents know that his friends know that they know that Remus is a werewolf, which his parents didn't know so they lied earlier. Okay. Loving this fic!
Queen Oreo Awesomeness chapter 76 . 7/17
ooooh Narcissa has a sooft spoooooooot
Queen Oreo Awesomeness chapter 56 . 7/16
God. I hated Pettigrew before. Now I wish he would die painful deaths
You know, it feels like Sirius is a bit infatuated with Remus's mother...
I feel like you're making a million references to events in the Harry Potter series. You sneaky little devil. Jshdhd
inquiry chapter 1 . 7/1
any chance we can get a pdf made of this story so far...? please!
Guardian Spirit Raina chapter 105 . 7/1
Well, I was thinking about this story today and realized with some horror that I never reviewed this chapter. This in spite of the fact that I had been waiting and waiting for this moment ever since I realized that Remus wasn't going to spill the beans to his parents any time soon. I read this chapter when it was new, so I'm not really sure how I didn't manage a review. Hopefully it's better late than never.

I imagined a lot of ways this moment could go, and this is an excellent version of events. I first imagined that the truth would come out as soon as Remus saw his parents again - but of course that isn't quite what happened. I love the conflict with Sirius and Ross - I didn't really expect Ross to react so firmly once the matter had been forced to that point, but it's also nice to see him do what he thinks he has to in order to protect his son. Of course, he's off the mark, and so it's equally nice to see him dial it back and give in when he realizes the truth of the matter.

On the subject of defied expectations, I did NOT expect Sirius to be such an indignant brat about it, either! Of course this is what we all know and love about Sirius, but my goodness, I don't think he knew what buttons he was really pressing there. It sounds like he figured out what was going on once Remus started to become so flustered about it, and he was probably rightfully a little annoyed by the whole situation, leading to that drawn out confrontation... but poor Ross, having his nerves played with like that. They're still children, and Sirius still doesn't really think of what mental stress he's causing to others, haha... To be honest, I'm not sure he ever grows out of that one...

The conflict is handled beautifully throughout, and I really liked the image of Remus' mother coming home to them all chatting as well. Her moments with Sirius are really touching and speak to his general lack of motherly affection. I'm glad his was frank the second time around - by then he's at least completely realized what a big deal the whole thing was. I'm looking forward to him getting a chance to speak to Remus about it privately later on, as I imagine he probably will. Sirius has a different view of parents than Remus does, so from his perspective he might be a little unclear on why Remus would hide something like this when he otherwise has such understanding and accepting parents. Not to mention that the trade-off for Ross would have saved him some mental anguish every time the boys visited and just in general. I'm sure that the "inevitable" loss of friendship weighed heavily on his mind, though now Ross will probably worry about keeping a growing secret hidden. Ross really can't catch a break!

On a more minor note, I always enjoy watching the boys interact, and hopefully Ross will see what good they (and especially Sirius) do for Remus before and after (and eventually, during...) his transformations. I enjoyed their stressed banter about Marauders frequently sneaking, and it makes me wonder if Ross will ever learn more about the mischief they get up to, with a name like "Marauders" and all. I'm certain Ross would absolutely die if he ever learned about the eventually Animagi thing, though that's not likely to be an issue for him since it was their most guarded secret (I mean, Remus never even mentioned it following Sirius' arrest or escape).

All in all, this was an excellent chapter and one that I had been long awaiting. I'm once again sorry for a several-months-late review, but I remain ready and willing to wait for the next, as always.

Sincerely,