Reviews for Against the Moon
Ktcbug10 chapter 105 . 7/20
This story is by far one of the most amazing things I have ever read. The way that you're able to not only take Queen Rowlings work in a way that makes it seem as if she wrote it, but also make it your own? It's amazing! The way that you write these already established characters, it isn't out of place and your aren't simply capitalizing on one of their main features and latching on to it (as I've seen many writers who try the Marauders do). You don't idolize them as gods who only do what's right and only hurt those who deserve it, yet you don't paint the vivid picture of them being mean spirited bullies. They're ordinary boys with extraordinary problems and powers as we often forget. My favorite thing would have to be the inevitable unveiling of Remus' secret (as it is also probably other people's). Not all of them outright accept his condition, and even then Sirius was hesitant in the very beginning. You actually recognize the fact that these prejudices that Remus grew up with did affect them all, and they can't just throw that all away at the mere age of 12 no matter how right or wrong it may be. This is by far my favorite piece of work on this site, and I can't wait for the time that you pen down another amazing chapter. Hopefully soon, as I'd dread to wait much longer for an astounding piece of work.
TheFool92 chapter 105 . 7/19
I have loved every second of this! Thank you :-)
Queen Oreo Awesomeness chapter 105 . 7/18
So, Remus's parents know that his friends know that they know that Remus is a werewolf, which his parents didn't know so they lied earlier. Okay. Loving this fic!
Queen Oreo Awesomeness chapter 76 . 7/17
ooooh Narcissa has a sooft spoooooooot
Queen Oreo Awesomeness chapter 56 . 7/16
God. I hated Pettigrew before. Now I wish he would die painful deaths
You know, it feels like Sirius is a bit infatuated with Remus's mother...
I feel like you're making a million references to events in the Harry Potter series. You sneaky little devil. Jshdhd
inquiry chapter 1 . 7/1
any chance we can get a pdf made of this story so far...? please!
Guardian Spirit Raina chapter 105 . 7/1
Well, I was thinking about this story today and realized with some horror that I never reviewed this chapter. This in spite of the fact that I had been waiting and waiting for this moment ever since I realized that Remus wasn't going to spill the beans to his parents any time soon. I read this chapter when it was new, so I'm not really sure how I didn't manage a review. Hopefully it's better late than never.

I imagined a lot of ways this moment could go, and this is an excellent version of events. I first imagined that the truth would come out as soon as Remus saw his parents again - but of course that isn't quite what happened. I love the conflict with Sirius and Ross - I didn't really expect Ross to react so firmly once the matter had been forced to that point, but it's also nice to see him do what he thinks he has to in order to protect his son. Of course, he's off the mark, and so it's equally nice to see him dial it back and give in when he realizes the truth of the matter.

On the subject of defied expectations, I did NOT expect Sirius to be such an indignant brat about it, either! Of course this is what we all know and love about Sirius, but my goodness, I don't think he knew what buttons he was really pressing there. It sounds like he figured out what was going on once Remus started to become so flustered about it, and he was probably rightfully a little annoyed by the whole situation, leading to that drawn out confrontation... but poor Ross, having his nerves played with like that. They're still children, and Sirius still doesn't really think of what mental stress he's causing to others, haha... To be honest, I'm not sure he ever grows out of that one...

The conflict is handled beautifully throughout, and I really liked the image of Remus' mother coming home to them all chatting as well. Her moments with Sirius are really touching and speak to his general lack of motherly affection. I'm glad his was frank the second time around - by then he's at least completely realized what a big deal the whole thing was. I'm looking forward to him getting a chance to speak to Remus about it privately later on, as I imagine he probably will. Sirius has a different view of parents than Remus does, so from his perspective he might be a little unclear on why Remus would hide something like this when he otherwise has such understanding and accepting parents. Not to mention that the trade-off for Ross would have saved him some mental anguish every time the boys visited and just in general. I'm sure that the "inevitable" loss of friendship weighed heavily on his mind, though now Ross will probably worry about keeping a growing secret hidden. Ross really can't catch a break!

On a more minor note, I always enjoy watching the boys interact, and hopefully Ross will see what good they (and especially Sirius) do for Remus before and after (and eventually, during...) his transformations. I enjoyed their stressed banter about Marauders frequently sneaking, and it makes me wonder if Ross will ever learn more about the mischief they get up to, with a name like "Marauders" and all. I'm certain Ross would absolutely die if he ever learned about the eventually Animagi thing, though that's not likely to be an issue for him since it was their most guarded secret (I mean, Remus never even mentioned it following Sirius' arrest or escape).

All in all, this was an excellent chapter and one that I had been long awaiting. I'm once again sorry for a several-months-late review, but I remain ready and willing to wait for the next, as always.

Sincerely,
Guardian Spirit Raina
oMG HEARING REMUS DEFENDING FERNIR GREYBACK (that's how u spell it right?) MADE ME HATE HIM EVEN MORE. OMG HIS DAD HASNT EVEN TOLD HIM THAT ITS HIS FAULT HES A WEREWOLF?! OMG I NEED TO READ THE REST OF THIS ASAP
Wonderful darling. Wolfstar. Drama. Hurt. But buh BUUUUUUUUUMMMMN
I absulutly LOVED the wolfs POV. It was so dark and terrifying and perfect *heart*
Poor Remus :-'(
VoicesOffCamera chapter 105 . 6/6
Oh my goodness. I have been OBSESSED with this story for weeks! This is hands down, the most perfect Marauder era story I've ever read. Seriously, I want to print this out, bind it, and book it on my bookshelf next to my Harry Potter books. The characterization of the boys is just pure perfection. The growth and development over these one hundred and five chapters has just been amazing and captivating. You are so talented!

You've mentioned your health in a few of your notes, so I do hope you are doing well! I know this hasn't been updated in a few months... but I really, really, really, really hope that you will continue with this. I'm dying to find out more about Sirius' home life, it feels like you've just begun to scratch the surface with that.

I will patiently sit here and await your next update! :)
8-Wolke-8 chapter 105 . 6/6
Okay, so in advance I apologice for any typos I will most certainly make in this review. I plan for it be a long one and I know that at some point I'll become lazy. Also I am German and when I'm excited my English is often getting worse :D
Speaking of excited! That's precisely what I am right now! ;) I just realised that it's been over a year since I have become positively hooked on a story. I am so endlessly gradefull that you managed that again!
I love the way each and every character, no matter how minor in you story are so brilliantly flashed out. Starting, of course, with our four main characters. It's striking how you gave each and everyone of them such definite traits that work both in their favour and against them. That was espacially obvious with Sirius. The fact that he so vehemntly wants to go against everything his family stands for and genuinly rejects it, helps him to accept Remus and his furry little problem in no time, but it also causes him to act very rashly without ever takeing anyone else's feeling on the matter into account, including Remus. That made me go from "YOU GO SIRUS!" to "MERLIN SIRIUS, would you PLEASE shut up and think for a moment!" :D
After a few chapters, I also found myself increasingly protective of Remus with each passing chapter. Everytime he degrades himself in his own mind, thinking that he should just be thankfull for what he gets, because he doesn't even deserve that, I want to scream at him that just because most of wizardkind would denie him even basic human decencie, does not mean he has to worship Dumbledore, Pomfrey or the rest of the marauders for the fact that they do.
Dumbledore is also someone I can't help but mention. He's my favourite character and one thing that turns me away from any story, no matter how well written is bashing against him (or anyone for that matter, but Dumbledore espacially). I love the fact that even though we see him through the eyes of an extremely young child, who like Harry in the books looks up to him, you managed to make him human. People have the tendency to dehumanize him and that's either leads to worship or extreme bashing, neither of which I can stand. So thanks for making him an actual character instead of a plot device or a punching bag. ;D

Please, are you still working on this story? There is so much yet to happen and I couldn't stand the thought that we would never get to see the marauders becomeing Animagi, or the prank or the war and their part in it!
I will be checking my inbox for an update from you every day from now on!

Wolke