Reviews for Against the Moon
quietpagan chapter 34 . 1/19
I just wanted to say that your food descriptions are one of my favorite things. I've tried my hand at making your apple amber pie, with limited success, since the internet recipes I've found always called for a crust, but finally today I did it! I based my recipe off of your descriptions and finally made a good apple amber pie, and it's just as delicious as you described. Not the intended purpose of this chapter, I know, but how you write Mrs Lupin makes me want to be better about my cooking and taking care of my house and kitchen. I use apples a lot more now lol, and have plans for ginger biscuits and asparagus, though I won't be trying to eat them the 'fancy' way . Anyway I hope your health and your home are good and that you're prevailing through the challenges of these continuing years, all the best to you. I just finished the seventh or eighth re-read of this fic and it was as delightful as always, thank you so much for writing, good afternoon. 3 3 3 :)
sundiallove2 chapter 8 . 1/12
I like the new characters you have added in and that show snobs in Gryffindor from the start in the Andrews twins.
sundiallove2 chapter 7 . 1/12
Peter's lines were great in this chapter. I like the way you've built his character in this story.
sundiallove2 chapter 6 . 1/12
The two things I like the most in this chapter are 1. That the dialogue shows the characters actually having to explain themselves. I always think dialogue is weird when characters randomly seem to telepathically understand something about another character. You show characters misunderstanding each other in a real and funny way. 2. I like that Sirius is unhappy being sorted into Gryffindor and is struggling because I think that gets skipped over far too often.
sundiallove2 chapter 5 . 1/12
I never thought too much about Remus Lupin's character but now that I have read your whole fic I really want to find more fanfiction on him but I can't seem to find anything :( Yours is the best. Your characters are intelligent but still act their age according to their own life experiences. I like that you are sticking to cannon mostly. Most marauder fics try to have some type of fix it twist in time for a happy ending but you are doing a really nice job exploring the friendship within the original storyline. I'm dreaming of how cool it would be if your story could be picked up into a movie series!
sundiallove2 chapter 4 . 1/12
Great job showcasing Remus' lack of experience talking to other children in comparison to James and Sirius!
sundiallove2 chapter 3 . 1/12
The arguments you wrote up between James and Sirius are hilarious! Appropriately immature!
sundiallove2 chapter 2 . 1/12
I wonder when Lily finds out that Remus is a werewolf and if that is what brought her into the line of fire to be asked out by Potter a billion times. Severus finds out 6th year of course. Anyway, I think you do a great job of delivering Remus' social anxiety.
sundiallove2 chapter 1 . 1/12
SO I am beginning my second read through while my mind is calm and ready to leave reviews and I am now very much looking forward to the chapter where we get to see Ross and Remus discuss why the house was attacked and Remus learning the identity of the wolf who attacked him. In the originals books it was greyback wasn't it? So he should still be alive and around to have a confrontation with Remus and the marauders I think. I am also interested in this Perdita character showing up again. Thanks for the chapter!
Fictionboysarebetter chapter 134 . 12/30/2021
I am at a loss for words, I just reached the end of the last chapter and had to (embarrassingly) stop and stare at my wall for longer than I’d like to admit to try and reign in my emotions. This was so beautifully written, the characters, plot, setting, and descriptions all worked so wonderfully together and made the best fanfiction I've ever read. I know it’s unrealistic to hope for another chapter, for the last update was a little over four years ago, but know if miraculously you decide to continue this story I will be the first rushing to read it. I haven’t read any of your recent stories yet, which I will do now, but I hope life is treating you amazingly, thank you for breaking my heart in all the best ways 3
John Dryden chapter 71 . 12/27/2021
It should be "gaffe," not "gaff." A gaff is a hooked pole used for fishing.
TtotheA chapter 134 . 12/26/2021
I have finished it! It was a slow read, but in a good way. The way Remus agonizes over every small part of his life. The slow reveals. I am so sad that there has not been an update in 4 years. But also it’s okay. It keeps growing this, but the story was in giving life to Remus and his day to day life and struggle as a boy and werewolf. That was very well done. The boys interlocking friendship how all 4 of them mean something to the other and bring something to the table and friendship was also painstakingly explored. So all in all, we know the end 20 years later. Everything thas already been beautifully established in the 134 chapters.
John Dryden chapter 52 . 12/21/2021
It should be "stationery," not "stationary."
John Dryden chapter 6 . 12/18/2021
It should be "discreet" rather than "discrete."
FriendlyReviewer chapter 4 . 11/22/2021
I love it. I love it, love it, love it. I'm normally rather eloquent but this story has stripped me of any capability to think. It is wonderful, beautiful, great, awesome, and a true masterpiece. If the characters were renamed and the world of Hogwarts and the Wizarding World was yours, this could be a novel on it's own. Everything is so in character but yet so different. I can totally imagine Remus being this way before Hogwarts, and Sirius and James fighting is actually so funny and in character. They're both headstrong and are bound to clash, and I kinda like that they basically force Remus to be the mediator. Brilliant characterization, great word choice and grammar, good literary devices used well. I can't think of anything I dislike. This has literally reduced me to sitting with this and cocoa in a blanket and blatantly refusing to even look at all the work I have to do.

Oh, and sorry for rambling. Hope you don't mind. :)
5,041 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »