Reviews for Against the Moon
Elafi Milo chapter 37 . 2/19
Did you mean to reference Book 3 in this chapter-Trelawney's conviction that, when thirteen dine together, the first to rise will be the first to die? Of our heroes, James rose first.
Phoenix.J chapter 28 . 2/2
Really like your novel. For every reason.
Hope that I can get your permission to translate it into Chinese and spread to those who enjoy it.
I major in literature, and work hard. Won't let you down, you know.()

Sorry for my arrogance.
Hi. First of all, I would like to say that this is truly one of the best pieces of fan fiction I have ever read. Is this the end? I would love to see more of this universe. Please continue. Thank you.
crying of laughter chapter 49 . 12/26/2016
Needless to say for the most famous chapter, every word was a homocidal Bludger hitting my fragile heart. Splendidly written, perfect build-up and even better execution.
crying of laughter chapter 35 . 12/25/2016
I, too, find myself utterly incapable of speech as i read the last part of this chapter. And not only incapable of speech, i also find myself tearing up as i read it, and later think about how Remus, in all of his misfortune, was all but incredibly lucky to been blessed with such a wonderful loving mother. I even dare say that the way you write her overshadows Lily's sacrifice (though the reason for that is merely lack of Lily's apperiance, whereas here, i got quite attached to Dorothy). It is beautiful to see a different kind of sacrifice, where a mother, too, gives her life to have her son live a decent life, but instead of dying (well, the circumstances of the situation are quite different), she sacrafices her comfort and time. And so does Ross, and not only comfort, but also he lets himself being emotionally tortured with his job (it breaks my heart as i reread it and see how Remus was frightened of his father leaving tge family). Trully, it is hard to say that Remus is fortunate, but when it comes to parents, i think he really was.
crying of laughter chapter 18 . 12/24/2016
The foreshadowed Regulus! Having recently reread Harry Potter, which i didn't do ever since i was a kid, only now did i clmpletely understand Regulus' significance and he became one of my favourite charachters. I love how smoothly you foreshadowed it, and how you keep Regulus in shadows - we saw him only once and Sirius scarcely mentions him. Also the way you very slowly pull Peter into the group is amazing. In general, i do love how you wrote him, how most of the time we know basicly nothing about him. I love how you didn't write him in a nad light, accenting his future betrayal, which i often see in fanfiction. Reading this, Peter has quite grown on me, and it saddens me when i think how he ends and makes me wonder how long he must have been frightened enough to let his fear control him.

Off topic now, since it's Christmas eve, i wish you a merry Christmas, and hope you are having an evening filled with delight!
crying of laughter chapter 10 . 12/23/2016
I don't know what to say except i'm already at the 10th chapter and completely immersed in this, in fact, so much that i don't habe the patience to review. I spend most of my time discussing this fanfic with my sister (who read this three times in a row), commenting every scene and how well it was done. I often think that if i praise you too many times, the value
of praises becomes lesser. But what is a stranger's value, after all?

The fact that you chose James and Sirius fighting each other is in a way contradictory to book's describing them as a pot with a kettle. However it was never specified when they became like that, and i noticed you take many little liberties to build up a charachter or the plot.

It is that thing about you; sometimes i find myself not completely agreeing with your view, and yet unable to "correct" you in any way, because i can see the logic you used and i agree then that it was the best way to develop the story. It proves you have makings of a writer (if you already aren't officially one).
Julio now 18 chapter 1 . 12/21/2016
It's been 2 years since you udpated, but for me it has been 5 years since you posted on my 13th birthday. I can't begin tell you how overjoyed i was when you updated, i knew it was a coincidence but it was one of the best birthday gifts even if it wasn't intentional. I just wanted to let you know that there is still people who are willing to wait for you to begin updating again :)
crying of laughter chapter 1 . 12/21/2016
Well, here I am again! Ready to have my heart ripped apart for the second time! It is amazing how intruiging this story is right from the start. You have this way with words, turn something ordinary into something extraordinary, like the scene with the owl when Ross apparites. What is even better is how you wrote Ross and Dorothy. Honestly whatever it says in pottermore, i like the version you wrote more (this is of course subjective, but i do think you have put much more personality and didn't overhint or overdo the charachters). I will pribably write (read: praise) more of your charachterisation as i go along with the story because you have made an incredible job with them. As for now, i just have many feels considering how Ross will act towards Remus later on because he feels guilty. There is something so tragkc about how it happened - while Ross blames himself for the fight with Greyback, Remus blames himself for breaking the rule and feels he deserved to be bitten, andnyet we don't see how Dorothy felt (we only know that she was desperate not to have remus suffering). I often think she blamed herself for leaving the bed that night. Although she rationally is aware she couldn't have known what would happen, and she is the type of person who doesn't dwell on past and mistakes, sometimes i imagine her thinking about how everything could have been avoided if she just stayed with Remus that night.

What a beautifully painful beggining of a story.
Moving on now!
Sky Rose chapter 105 . 12/14/2016
I really should have reviewed while reading, but your story was too good, so this will be my opinion on everything.

I love how Sirius pointed out the fact his father wasn't mentioned in the 'my mom is sick' lie. Most people don't think to add that.

How they found out was realistic, though I think you put a little too much effort into showing how worried Remus was about them finding out.

I liked that you detailed how the Marauders thought of their name.

If you can't tell, I REALLY like this story, and I really want to read more.

My one dislike is how slow the study is moving. I mean, I like that it's so discriptive, but it is already past 100 chapters and you're only on the summer of second year.

Also. Why haven't you updated?! The last time you updated this story over 2 years ago, and any story 1 year.

Why did you stop writing all of a sudden? I love this story a lot, and it would be great if you updated.

I know I won't get a reply to this, but keep writing!
... That got really long
sunneedee chapter 105 . 11/29/2016
*sobs*

...beautiful
sunneedee chapter 35 . 11/21/2016
Remus and his family are so sweet it makes me want to cry. It's what keeps me reading, even though it actually upsets me - I find it so hard not to imagine my own son in his place.

You can tell this story really has made a deep impression on me - I'm not a fan of marauder era fics, or the marauders themselves particularly...yet I'm already at chapter 35!
crying of laughter chapter 105 . 11/18/2016
Dearest Stoplight Delight,

Though i regret having no patience to review every chapter (i will childishly accuse your stunning storytelling as the cause of impatience), I will have you know that you have met every one of my needs and wants in one story. This fic is so incredibly unique and so well written, i am positively sure i will never read a fic of such high standard. First class, absolutely magical and outstandingly beautiful. I can only imagine how much work and time and love you put into this, with every chapter being as spellbounding as the last one, writing about little nothings giving them so much liveliness, it's impossible to stop reading. You slowly venture in such charachter depths, i keep putting my phone down just to let the fact of how well every charachter is developed sink in. I find it amazing how plot keeps going in cycles, yet you add a bit of mystery, a bit of suspense, a bit of everything and you make it so interesting. You never overdo anything, you make a perfect balance of narative and dialogues, you find a perfect moment for more reveals. Honestly, i am under such impression, i don't think i will be able to think of anything else but this fic for quite a while.

Chances are i will reread this magnificent work of art and review then every chapter because i don't think this fic got as nearly much reviews as it deserves. You are a sorcerer with words and you binded me to your fic with your spells.

And lastly, i have seen you haven't been active on twitter or here for quite a while. I believe you would put a note if you decided to discontinue this fic, so i will hold on to my hope the new chapter is just around the corner.

But regardless of updating or not, i sincerely hope, from the bottom of my fragile reader's heart, that you are doing well, and that life hasn't been too hard on you. If anyone deserves all the happiness in this world, it is you, who gave so much happiness to people through this. I cannot even begin to describe how much this fic has affected me. I urge you to definitely write a book, i would be the first one to buy it. I would very much like to do something more than just praise and say thank you, because not even hundred thank-you nor thousand praises would be enough to truly repay nor express my gratitude and admiration for you and your work.

Heartly,
crying of laughter (blackbird).
straybirds chapter 1 . 10/21/2016
i am here to revise again... as is the fourth or fifth time? i am a little bit sad that you haven't updated yet because when i started the fic i was beginning my high school studies and now i am nearly at the end of it, and…well, since i am Chinese, and Chinese students take their final year in high school really importantly, i just kind of hope to graduate with my always favourite fics updated. but it is really ok because i am grateful for your excellent piece of work no matter it will be completed or not. remus is always my favorite character not only among the Harry Potter series, and your work brings him alive the very same as in my imagination. i do hope that you will find sparks and start writing AtM again, though.
please, please don't laugh at my strange and wrong using of grammer xd
Vivian chapter 105 . 9/24/2016
Absolutely amazing! It's so beautifully written and all the characters are handled so well I am pretty much taking this as canon haha
3,237 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »