Reviews for Against the Moon
Tie-Dye Cropped chapter 123 . 5/19
not me crying over a boy eating steak!
Thebluetrainstation chapter 134 . 5/13
I've read this before under another account. Every so often I come back and re-read some of my favorite moments. this is/was a wonderful story to immerse myself in. It draws me back in now and then. It's an incredible undertaking, and as a reader I'm astonished by the work of into it.
FearlessxforeverxAlways chapter 134 . 5/3
just finished reading the series, Amazing detail in the story. You seem to be updating this over many years, hopefully see more in future, it really is very well written.
81charlie81 chapter 134 . 4/12
This is my favorite fanfiction of all time! Thank you for your beautiful words and your poignant characterization of Remus and Sirius. I was wondering if this story has been discontinued, or is there an update in the works. Thanks again!
SitInTheClover chapter 134 . 2/24
Thank you so much for this fic, Stoplight Delight. It was my comfort read for many months (moons?). It is wonderfully written, and has stuck with me for this past year since I finished reading it. It is THE marauders fic, for me. The way you have written the characters, the details, the scenes, has shaped how I see the marauders and their surrounding cast. Your Hope Lupin and Sirius have a special place in my heart, especially. If nothing else, you have definitely expanded my vocabulary. You are an inspiration to me as a writer. Wherever you are in the world, I hope you are well.
sundiallove2 chapter 18 . 1/30
I like the subtle intonation that Sirius and James both respect Remus because he knows who he is even though Remus doesn't see it that way. Remus is constantly nervous and trying to appease them but he has lengths that he won't go to such as attacking Snape or trying to ditch Peter but he doesn't realize that the times he disagrees with them are when he actually earns their respect. It started in their first interaction on the train when he tries to break up their fight. We as the readers know it is true because they get so irritated with Peter but since Remus is so new to interacting with other children he doesn't realize that in the moments he thinks he is letting them down he is actually building up himself and their friendship.
sundiallove2 chapter 17 . 1/30
I think you've done a great job characterizing all four Marauders! Too often people try to romanticize Sirius and James and villify Peter from the start but they were just a bunch of kids. I remember there was this nice girl I went to school with and she would follow me around everywhere and call me Jesas because she thought I was so amazing I was the female version of Jesus and at the time I found her so annoying and wanted to get away from her as quickly as possible and in retrospect I was being a little shit and she was a pretty nice person but when I was younger I didn't think about how I should act as much as I should have. I just thought there were people that I liked and wanted to spend time with and people that I didn't.
sundiallove2 chapter 16 . 1/28
I should have continued this in my last review but I liked Anslow's character because even though he was calling Remus spoilt and trying to take his food, he only actually took the food after Remus made a deal with him and he honored his end of it by telling Remus where his mother went. I also liked that even though he was being rude he was also providing Remus with a warning of what is to come.
sundiallove2 chapter 15 . 1/28
I'd love to have Anslow come back into the story at a later date!
Carley w chapter 134 . 1/27
Just finished reading thank you so much loved it.
quietpagan chapter 34 . 1/19
I just wanted to say that your food descriptions are one of my favorite things. I've tried my hand at making your apple amber pie, with limited success, since the internet recipes I've found always called for a crust, but finally today I did it! I based my recipe off of your descriptions and finally made a good apple amber pie, and it's just as delicious as you described. Not the intended purpose of this chapter, I know, but how you write Mrs Lupin makes me want to be better about my cooking and taking care of my house and kitchen. I use apples a lot more now lol, and have plans for ginger biscuits and asparagus, though I won't be trying to eat them the 'fancy' way . Anyway I hope your health and your home are good and that you're prevailing through the challenges of these continuing years, all the best to you. I just finished the seventh or eighth re-read of this fic and it was as delightful as always, thank you so much for writing, good afternoon. 3 3 3 :)
sundiallove2 chapter 8 . 1/12
I like the new characters you have added in and that show snobs in Gryffindor from the start in the Andrews twins.
sundiallove2 chapter 7 . 1/12
Peter's lines were great in this chapter. I like the way you've built his character in this story.
sundiallove2 chapter 6 . 1/12
The two things I like the most in this chapter are 1. That the dialogue shows the characters actually having to explain themselves. I always think dialogue is weird when characters randomly seem to telepathically understand something about another character. You show characters misunderstanding each other in a real and funny way. 2. I like that Sirius is unhappy being sorted into Gryffindor and is struggling because I think that gets skipped over far too often.
sundiallove2 chapter 5 . 1/12
I never thought too much about Remus Lupin's character but now that I have read your whole fic I really want to find more fanfiction on him but I can't seem to find anything :( Yours is the best. Your characters are intelligent but still act their age according to their own life experiences. I like that you are sticking to cannon mostly. Most marauder fics try to have some type of fix it twist in time for a happy ending but you are doing a really nice job exploring the friendship within the original storyline. I'm dreaming of how cool it would be if your story could be picked up into a movie series!
5,051 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »