Reviews for Against the Moon
Guest chapter 102 . 11/28/2018
As much as I love the current number of reviews, I couldn't resist sharing my thoughts since I can't remember whether I said this already. I just love the way you describe the interior of any house, and through those description you create a lovely atmosphere. I definitely would love to live in that blue room at the Potter mansion. Your descriptions of food are also great. It's actually your fault I desperately wanted some hot chocolatte after reading that the boys had it in one of the chapters.I also wanted to thank you for portraying lovely relationships between children and their parents. Peter's mother obbviously loves him, and he loves her and his sister, and I'm very glad. Just recently I read a fic where Hermione ignored the sleeping arrangements in her parent's house when she came visiting, namely, that she wasn't supposed to share a room with her boyfriend. So it's lovely to see some respect between parents and children. And I do want those biscuits. I'm also sad Peter didn't have any friends before he met the other three. Regardless of what he did as an adult, it's sad he was lonely. And Remus's mother reminded me of my own mother- she was also upset when I had no friends, I think she still is. But I'm an introvert, so I'm not tat desperate:)
Midwest HP Fan chapter 134 . 11/28/2018
This is the best fanfiction regarding Remus Lupin that I have ever read. I really like how you don't sugarcoat his transformations in the way that most other fanfic authors do. I also like how, besides Sirius, it took a while for his friends to come around. They didn't just immediately accept him, which would have been less realistic. Since all of them were raised in wizarding families, it makes sense that they had such prejudice towards werewolves. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE continue. Your story is wonderful!
Guest chapter 126 . 11/23/2018
I love how protective Prof Culpepper is of students' safety and Remus specifically.
Guest chapter 35 . 11/18/2018
'I know how hard you've tried to love me.' Tried? Tried? What on Earth...But it's Remus, so I should have expected this. But it breaks my heart to think he believes that, because of his condition, he doesn't deserve to be loved. I remembered my mother's words that you love a child not for something he/she has done, but simply because that child Remus doesn't even consider that his father can't look at him after a transformation not because he's ashamed, but because it hurts to see your child suffer so. People often comment that Tonks was the one who had patience for Remus's 'particular brand of nonsense'. I never saw his behaviour as nonsensical. I always believed it was a consequence of the way he was treated, and here's the proof. He doesn't think he deserves love and is ready to leave so that his father would stay. I does seem to me that there are two lists in Remus's mind: things I want and things I can havve. Unfortunately, items on those lists rarely coincide. And I can tell you this: I have read Remus's biography on Pottermore, but even JK couldn't capture Remus's childhood experiences the way you do. All this about him having a quiet sense of humour is very nice, but you showed howhe developed this quality slowly, step by step. Also, I liked that you referred to Remus's father's displays of affection as sober. This is such a perfect phrase. And it's actually the kind of affection I dislike, but it's also a way to show a contrast between Remus and his father. I always saw Remus's afection as gentle. Someone once said he is quietly affectionate, and I love him for that. But all this self-loathing...he often refers to himself as half-breed. Though his feelings hit close to home, so I'm grateful to you for giving me a chance to know my favourite character even better.
Guest chapter 36 . 11/18/2018
I've decided to re-read this chapter because of all the , in Remus-centric stories angst is absolutely necessary. But the phrase that will stay with me forever is Remus's father's 'to turn back time'. There's something so sad in this line, it's as if there's something in the relationship between Remus and his father that was permanently destroyed and can never be recovered. It seems to me that it's Remus's father's guilt that taints this relationship, since his mother is able to deal with this situation far better than his father. But then again, she wasn't the one who insulted Greyback. I don't know why, maybe it's because Remus feels that way, but I keep thinking his father is ashamed of his son's condition. He seems like a man who has given up, but who moves on because he has no choice. Maybe I'm wrong, but there's such dispair around him that I wonder how Remus will get along with him when his mother dies. When Remus squares his shoulders and leaves his father to go inside, I couldn't help thinking that he did exactly the same thing when he had to go and join the werewolves. I bet he was filld with dread then as well. Also, I loved the atmosphere you created in this chapter, I definitely could feel Remus's fear. But the repetition of 'is it a dwarf?' was funny in a strange way. Some humour lightens all this doom and yet if I had to pick the nastiest character out of this lot, I don't know which of them I'd pick. I can't say I disliked Umbridge as much as i hate Sirius's whole family. I liked that you used the verb treasured to describe Remus's mother's devotion to her son. It was particularly poignant considering Remus's condition and the way other people treat him when they learn about was such a perfect way to describe their relationship. And the part where Remus's father says all she ever wanted was for Remus to be happy...If there's some sort of afterlife, and she had to watch him struggling to survive...Well, there's a reason he survived in my headcanon and is happily married and teaching at Hogwarts. There's enough misery in the world and JK doesn't need to create any more of it. It's interesting that you describe Bellatrix as having more aristocratic grace than Andromeda, given what we know about the two sisters. And I actually feel sorry for Regulus. I often wonder what made Sirius rebell against his family while Regulus seemed to want to please everyone. This chapter also made me ask myself what it means to be human. I mean, Remus is a werewolf, and yet he has more compassion and kindness than all those Blacks put together. They despise him while in fact they are the ones who are despicable. The contrast between James and Remus in this chapter was alarming. James believes he is welcome anywhere while Remus expects to be thrown out at any moment. This is so unfair!
Christa Potter chapter 134 . 11/18/2018
I first read this story a couple of years ago and just recently rediscovered it - and promptly reread it from the start over the last two weeks. I admire the way you write about my favourite characters, the way you characterise Remus in particular and you managed to put so many smiles on face when I don't feel at all happy. So to make it short, I guess I just want to thank you for creating this amazing piece of writing. I do hope you'll eventually come back to it and give us a few more chapters to read.
guest chapter 134 . 11/14/2018
Is this the end of AtM? Please update
Guest chapter 70 . 11/14/2018
I just knew that sooner or later I was going to reread this chapter. I don't remember what I wrote last time, but since everyone likes to be told when they've done well... There's only one other author besides you who actually writes about Remus the teacher. I could actually see how this shy, quiet boy became a teacher who helped Neville Longbottom whom other teachers seemed to ignore. Remus's comments were such a treat! I hope one day you'll write a fic about Remus's days as a teacher. Many people agree he was an excellent teacher, but when it comes to fanfic, no one pays attention to this fact. It would be interesting to read a fic about his interactions with Snape as well. And I can just imagine Remus sitting at his desk, marking papers...But at the same time you managed to make me feel annoyed with him since he seems rather willing to break into Meyrigg's office again. He should learn to say no. I'm glad to read a chapter where Remus's teacher personality shines through.
Harry potter chapter 134 . 10/13/2018
When will you be updating? Not to rush you or anything but I just miss this so much! It is a wonderful piece of work
SiriusTonks chapter 134 . 10/12/2018
Please please please please update
Against the Moon is my all time favorite marauders era fanfiction and I would love it if you could continue the story
Guest chapter 134 . 10/11/2018
Please please please update
Guest chapter 73 . 10/8/2018
I've forgotten to mention in my review of this chapter that it would be great to know what those Welsh phrases mean.
Guest chapter 134 . 10/2/2018
So that's all? What will I do now? I've spent two wonderful weeks reading this story. Well, I've criticized and praised you, but all in all I enjoyed the story greatly. And we have a new mystery! Oh and I can't wait to see what happens when Slughorn finds out that someone took all his asparagus again. And there's that whole business with that journal! I really enjoyed marauder-ish Remus when he talked to Snape. I hope you'll update soon.
Guest chapter 133 . 10/2/2018
What is Snape playing at? He is either a fool or as reckless as Sirius. Those Slyherins thought the marauders would just let the matter drop, didn't they? They got what they deserved. Remus is lucky to have help. On the other hand, if they weren't his friends, maybe those kids wouldn't have drawn those pictures there.
Guest chapter 132 . 10/2/2018
yeah for our junior professor Lupin! Expeliarmus scene was the best. I really loved that Peter tried to help. I bet his lessons with the Slytherins were often like that. But damn Snape. He's lucky Remus didn't tell his friends Snape hexed him! and this is his way of thanking Remus! Like Sirius, I wondered about Culpeper's behaviour. But maybe he was really ready to interfere if necessary. 'a little less noise, please, I'm speaking.' great. How did he come up with this line.
5,001 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »