Reviews for Against the Moon
PaleWolfsHowl chapter 134 . 5/29/2021
I hope you update this again. It’s truly one of the best Marauder stories I’ve been able to find.
LeVoleur chapter 37 . 5/14/2021
A thought while re-reading: I never noticed how much Adrian Fitzhenri’s been haunting the background of this story and now I’m super intrigued.
Guest chapter 59 . 5/7/2021
I love the little hints that we see of their futures. In this chapter specifically I noticed the map making of the spot for the duel course. But I love seeing little things like describing James running like a deer or Sirius’ barking laughter.
Urobean chapter 134 . 4/27/2021
So after several years of ignoring the new chapter notifications I've gone back and reread this behemoth.

It's a wonderful story.

I love how you write the relationships between everyone.
Guest chapter 47 . 4/15/2021
Good fanfic. I really enjoyed it. But Filch's cat is actually named Mrs Norris and Hagrid's dog is a male named Fang. Just thought you'd like to know.
WatchEcho390 chapter 134 . 4/14/2021
I’ve read Against the Moon a few times now since Remus is my absolute favorite (and I think he always will be). It is incredible!

Some random thoughtsIt’s a lot of fun experiencing the different Hogwarts classes through the eyes of an intelligent student who loves to learn. The rich details make the magical world a much more interesting place, and you also capture that unique whimsical feeling that draws the reader in.

- I find myself craving food whenever there are descriptions of meals... I can’t believe I can relate to Peter Pettigrew.

- The close relationships between the Marauders remind me of how unbreakable and simple childhood friendships can become. I feel like deep down, or maybe not so deep, Sirius considers Remus to be the brother he’s always wanted.

- Regarding some of the heavier topics, they’ve been a reminder that as we get older and everything becomes less black and white, some things aren’t as complicated as the world makes them out to be.

- You do an excellent job showing how physically and mentally traumatic the transformations are, and how the stigma surrounding werewolves also causes suffering outside of the full moon. Madam Pomfrey is a boss. Much respect for her medical abilities and bedside manner.

- The chapters about Remus’s home life are just as entertaining as the Hogwarts chapters, especially upon rereads. With all of Remus’s family problems, it is great that his parents are in a stable relationship and unconditionally love their son (even though they show it in different ways).

- Your OC characters are fantastic. Currently am partial for Professor Van Dorn. Ha!

- I’ve picked up on ironic lines and subtle connections sprinkled throughout the story each time I read it. I probably still missed things, but that’s another reason why I keep coming back to reread once again.

Obviously I think you are an amazing writer and a wonderful story teller. Thank you for all of your work on AtM so far and for sharing it with us. Hope all is well!
JP Lacey chapter 134 . 4/13/2021
Dear Stoplight Delight,

I just had to write this note to let you know how much this story has impacted my life. I read it once a few years back and adored it, but then life happened as it does and I forgot about this story.

Now I came back to this story just two weeks ago, having moved to a new place far from family trying to adjust and survive the homesickness, and I am so glad I did. This is without a doubt one of the best pieces of fiction I have ever read. It was so amazing to have something that felt like home to read every day after work, wrapped up warmly within the walls of Hogwarts with my favorite marauders. It was so nice to have something shock me into laughing out loud when I felt like crying. This story is outstanding. I devoured chapter after chapter wishing it would never come to an end.

I understand better than anyone about having to stop writing for health reasons, and please don't take this as a review begging you to update. I just needed to let you know how wonderful I find this story, and how much it meant to be in this big time of change. I hope you are well, and I thank you again, from the bottom of my heart, for taking the time to read and share this lovely work.

Yours Truly,
JP Lacey
Yanning Yang chapter 1 . 4/4/2021
I love your story sooooooo much
Guest chapter 13 . 3/29/2021
I just LOVE this fanfiction. I've read it about seventeen times so far !
Guest chapter 134 . 3/26/2021
Thanks for an awesome read and reread! I'm not even in the HP fandom anymore and I absolutely love this fanfic! 3
random baker chapter 34 . 3/17/2021
hey! I just wanted to let you know that I read this three years ago (and keep coming back to reread when I feel I need to) and I have been curious about what apple amber pie tastes like since the first time I read this chapter. I had nothing to do the other day so I decided to make some and I'd like to thank you for your wonderful and very accurate description. I'm definitely making this at my next family holiday.

for anyone curious the recipe I used is on food dot com
NA chapter 134 . 3/15/2021
Hey! I was wondering if this story might have a sequel or be finished at some point really liked it and was just wondering!
Latchpage chapter 134 . 3/14/2021
Have just caught up on this, after what seems like months of reading. What a gargantuan, truly incredible piece of work. Thanks so much for this story, it may have ruined me for fanfic forever it's just that good.
Guest chapter 77 . 3/10/2021
Such a lovely chapter to read today. Happy birthday, Remus.
Guest chapter 11 . 3/8/2021
Thank you thank you thank you SOOOOOO much! Your fanfictions are so awesome and I really like how you put it in Remus's point of view. I also think it's really cool that you've imagined how the Marauders' life in Hogwarts. Thanks so much!
5,051 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »