Reviews for The Thin Red Thread
murphycat chapter 1 . 1/16/2013
Great story. I love how you've tied these all together in a series.
razraz chapter 1 . 8/25/2011
I did read the 'fini' at the end but for some reason I was waiting for the next chapter - the perry/della phone call or even just the next Mr Gordon/Della. The remembered conversation and then the reading of Tom's death in the paper - that was really well written and very moving. Della's interactions with both these men was very Della.

The whole house thin was a great touch and I imagine very in keeping with Arthur Gordon, who generally might not be able to be express how he feels.

I have to say my favourite line and section is this "Digging in her coat pocket..." just the whole imagery here is great and can so empathise with getting keys caught in the lining when trying to make an escape or act cool.

thanks for sharing raz
likes-it-bubbly chapter 1 . 8/24/2011
Greatly enjoyed this one, dear. Thanks so much! :) It made my heart ache for Della to be happy all the way through. I so desperately wanted her to call Perry. To get the life she deserves to have. Also liked Arthur and Tom very much! And the end that's open for interpretation. Loved that, too! Immediately makes me jump ahead to "PM returns". :) :) Sweet!
Captain Weirdo chapter 1 . 8/23/2011
Wonderful picture of Della at a not-so-wonderful point in her life. Well done! Thanks for sharing it with us.

cw
CinnamonCarterfan chapter 1 . 8/23/2011
I enjoyed very much this story, especially Della's memories about Perry and her in the car. I like very much too the symbolic meaning of the thread : nothing or noone can separate them because even if each of them is far away from the other each of them belong to the other. It's a very romantic idea and I love it.

Excuse my english,it is very difficult to express an idea clearly in a foreign language. It would be great if you could write a story (or more stories) following this one (maybe a series about the Arthur Gordon Years). These years by Perry's point of view may be very interesting too. Thank you very much to share this story.
EastEnder chapter 1 . 8/20/2011
I really enjoyed reading that story - it was a little bit different. Also it was good to have some insight into Arthur Gordon and his relationship with Della during the time she worked for him. Thanks. EastEnder