Reviews for The Things We Lost
LoisNClark4Ever chapter 9 . 10/27/2011
Wow. This chapter was nothing short of amazing! There were so many "surprises" I was literally hanging on to every word!

It was so exciting and YES, Clark donned the suit and I'm sure if you could turn this chapter into 3-D, we'd see him in all his glory. From top to bottom, we'd see it all and none of that baloney CGI stuff. Hehe.

But I did love the call back to the finale with the way Clark defeated Darkseid and stopped Apokolips from colliding into Earth. Woohoo!

Now the two biggest moments that made my jaw dropped was: learning that Andrew was a clone! That Lionel, even from the alternate universe is such an evil creep! I can't believe he did that, but what I want to know is, how did Andrew live so long? If I remember correctly, the clones only lived for a few hours with the exception of Connor. As for the Lex clone, he was given a second chance when Darkseid gave him AU Lionel's heart. But now that he's lost his memories, I'm curious to see how he deals with it. And Andrew after learning he's just a clone. I hope the two "brothers" doesn't cross paths and join forces cause that would be bad or it could be interesting. I'll just wait and see what you have planned for them. ;)

The other surprise that caught me off guard was the rift between Martha and Tess. Especially without Lois knowledge. But after thinking it over, maybe Martha was just as upset with Tess about being kept in the dark regarding Clark's decision. However, to do something so bad that she and Tess no longer spoke? Hmm...my curiosity's piqued. I can't wait to hear what happened.

As for Tess, I can understand her situation. She probably kept quiet because she didn't want to cause problems for Lois and Martha. After all, with Clark gone Lois was the only family Martha had left. I just hope that once Lois knows the entire story, that Tess and Martha will be able to mend their friendship.

Until then, now that the darkness has been defeated, I'm anxious to see Clois plan their wedding AND get married!

Update soon, Barbara! :D
erin christine chapter 8 . 10/20/2011
i was not too sure about lex close to exposing the blur part of the story.i would think that would only be a last minute would not want other villains to know that would just want to be the only bad guy to know this and maybe kill to keep that secret safe for leverage.
cathy03 chapter 8 . 10/20/2011
YOu had me on the edge of my seat the whole time, Barbara!

Of course Lex would have some greenK on him to surprise Clark hehehe

when i saw the Blur also made an appearance in Lex's office i thought it might be J'onn shape shifting you know. but then in your note you said you split Clark in two ;)

Great chapter - as usual ;) - looking forward for the next :)
LoisNClark4Ever chapter 8 . 10/20/2011
Whoa! I knew this was a re-write of the finale, but Lionel's presence came as a complete surprise to me. It was a very nice twist.

I've always loved to hate Lionel and thought adding him to the story will definitely make for some interesting storytelling. Especially now that Lex has "lost" his memory. My guess is, Lionel will use this to his advantage and try to mold Lex into the man he WANTS him to be. Kind of like he did with Clark Luthor, but without super powers.

As for splitting Clark in two, nice touch. I'll have to go back and re-watch Superman II to see how they did it, but in the meantime, I'd love to hear his explanation to Lois and Tess. *giggles* Their deer-in-headlights look tells me they weren't completely in on Clark's plans.

Anyways, great job as usual sweetie. Update soon! :)
HaveNoMercy chapter 8 . 10/20/2011
Wow, such a shame for Clark and Lex's relationship. *sigh* Poor Lex! Darkness in him...grrrrr. Beautiful chapter, sweetie!

Love that Tess didn't wanna be called Lutessa-awful name, btw, wtf. I wouldn't wanna be called that either, geez. :) We could call her Mercy, however. *innocent eyes*

I loved that you had Lois & Tess on the same side, yay! They were together alone with the knowledge of Clark and Oliver's whereabouts for years, that's gotta enhance their bond.

GREAT stuff, please post more soon!

*hugs*
Jeremy Shane chapter 8 . 10/20/2011
HaveNoMercy chapter 7 . 10/13/2011
***"Are you being particularly dense for some reason?"***

OMG! Haha, I love Oliver with Tess. I love their humor and sarcasm and the fact that they just sizzle. You-you-you are just rocking my world right now.

***"When my memories came back to me, I realized something that I never want to do again. I've hurt you in the past, Lois, like my instructions to Tess, for one, and when I sent you away to Africa. I've lived to regret those decisions."***

Yes, my friend, that needed to be said. I think Oliver and Clark both have a little APOLOGIZING to do with their women. And seriously, what was Clark thinking half the time? Clue the love of your life in, sahb. (sp?) So this is possibly one of my favorite chapters you've ever written.

FANTABULOUS!
LoisNClark4Ever chapter 7 . 10/13/2011
Ahh...it's so great to see Clois finally reuniting. Their time together...reconnecting after five years was really wonderful. And even though I've read numerous versions of their time together, it ALWAYS feels like the first time when I read about it in your stories.

Now when it comes to Oliver and Tess' story can I just say it's really nice and refreshing. Since we know very little about their previous relationship on the show, I like that you've given them a second chance at love. And what better opportunity to do so when Chloe sacrificed herself in return for Oliver's safety in Savior. Your idea worked out seamlessly with the way things turned out on Smallville and I couldn't be happier.

And as you know Barbara, I wish for so many things on the show that never happened so this is like a dream come true. I love Chloe and all, but always felt like she belonged to real Jimmy. So now that everything is out in the open between Oliver and Tess, I'm excited to see them pick up where they left off. ;)

Although until that can happen, Tess, Clark, and Lois have to get through their meeting with Lex. I'm so nervous about this meeting because when it comes to Lex always expect the unexpected. So to say I suspect a surprise in their wake is a real understatement. *bites nails* I just hope I'm wrong in this case, but it would be interesting to see Lex recover ALL of his memories during their get together. Hmm...but whatever happens, I know you won't disappoint!

Update soon, sweetie! *hugs* :)
Jeremy Shane chapter 7 . 10/13/2011
cathy03 chapter 7 . 10/13/2011
Gotta tell you that you know me too well already, my friend :D hehehe because i loved this chapter :)

you said next chapter is going to be BIG and now i'm anxious hahaha specially because of Clark-Lois-Tess' business :)
cathy03 chapter 6 . 10/8/2011
you know, after Clark and Lex' talk last chapter, i thought they wouldn't go for the toxin anymore hehehe idk, Clark is such a boy scout all the time i thought he would be against it hehehe

i can't wait for their 'make up for lost time' time LOL And considering they were kept apart for 5 years i think is safe to presume that it'll be intense ;)

Adn i'm also curious about Tess and Oliver here. AS a canon girl i think Oliver belongs to Dinah but this new pairing sounds pretty interesting specially if we consider that in SV they had a romance a few years ago.
cathy03 chapter 5 . 10/8/2011
I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU LEFT THERE! LOL

ok, besides the evil cliff, the chapter was amazing.

First Lois and Clark finally being together again and resuming their engagement. she even gave him the keys to her apartment. I mean, how great is that? ;)

also i can't believe Clark/Blur was able to convince lex Luthor LOL but i guess that since you won't go for the 'mind wipe' plot that was the best way to go here :)
HaveNoMercy chapter 6 . 10/7/2011
All the good people in or discussed this chapter! Yay!

***All he had to do was hit him just once and that would the end of the man. Instead, he said, "Leave Lois alone and never come back, or you will be sorry."***

Remember how on the phone we discussed what's heroic? *That* is how I like my Clark Kent, you know this. I love the man but sometimes I was like, "Grow a pair now and then." So I like reading a more mature Clark who understands a little more how life off the farm works. He has it all in him, perfect, wonderful guy, (and beautiful!) but he's gotta broaden his ways of thinking just a little! :)

Anyway-I loved how he saved Lois. I love the honesty between them that on the show they more played with than gave us. I loved that at Watchtower, Oliver made fun of his cape! Tee, hee, Identity memories!

And I loved the team gathering while INCLUDING Tess. And OMG, you gave her credit for her faith, I love you for that! *tongue's out in joy* But come on, how many times has she died for the world? They could've included her a little more ON screen during Watchtower meetings, wtf, she is Watchtower. Grrr.

I loved both Clois & Tollie in this, of course. I love the goodness in Lois's heart with him, that her quirky humor can be put on hold when she's with him to really be vulnerable in his presence. And Oliver, poor Oliver. That actually makes me think of Season 10 because he didn't spend any energies trying to find Chloe. Very real. And Tess always stays in his mind

in the places he perhaps feels he shouldn't be thinking of her.

SO LOVED IT!

I could keep commenting but a review is a review, not an essay, haha. GORGEOUS chapter!
Ica013 chapter 6 . 10/6/2011
I like your Clark - very heroic.
Jeremy Shane chapter 6 . 10/6/2011