Reviews for Boy Do I Love Sweating
Telepathapprentice chapter 3 . 12/5/2011
These are so LONG I am impressed. My friend...you are dedicated. Thank you so much...for the story...I mean...I'll go.
mangafreak1000 chapter 3 . 11/29/2011
please, please PLEASE! i love the way you write and i want to hear what's happening next! PLEASE! i'm BEGGING you! i'm not quite sure, but i think a lot of people here start writing a story and then burn out. if you have burned out, PLEASE! maybe you will be inspired to finish writing? i would love that SO much you have no idea! thank you for your consideration and i look forwards to ANY updates!
PhineasFlynns chapter 3 . 11/21/2011
SQUEEEE!
chickens chapter 3 . 10/28/2011
I hope you haven't abandoned this, because it's very good and I really like it. You're writing Wheatley extremely well. That he's not feeling guilty, doesn't even realize he should, is very in character.

I'll be checking back for more!
LoryLilyBomber chapter 3 . 10/23/2011
Hey! Great story so far. I love how Wheatley's so in character! You've actually done a better job of that than most chelley shippers! I'm eagerly awaiting your next update! Which should be soon! (Please)
Grindylowe chapter 2 . 10/19/2011
It would make me so happy to see more of this tale. I know you are likely busy or working on other things. But I'm just putting that out there. Would love to see more.

Even just a ... a little more.
ForbiddenScars chapter 3 . 10/14/2011
I really enjoy this characterization of Wheatley as a human, and I like the story a lot so far, too. I like that you re-wrote some of the single player campaign in the story, and you did it well. The way you wrote the revision seems pretty faithful to the spirit of the game, and seems Valve-like, if that makes sense.

I also love your writing style, frenetic and organic, and well suited to getting right inside of Wheatley's head as he experiences life aboveground. Some of the sentence structure is awkward at times but it lends well to interpretation as Wheatley's scatterbrained stream of consciousness.

I like that you've made him a bit resentful and outspoken, like he's taken some of the ego of the chassis with him into this body, which is refreshing in the human Wheatley realm of fanfic. It feels like, in your story at least, he learned from his experiences in the game, if only a little-or maybe only through the looking-glass of humanity-and has become a bit weary, more self-aware, and shows more depth than he did in the game.

I'm really hoping you continue this story, it's been fun to read it so far. I wonder though if in future chapters you might swing back around to Chell's POV. I really enjoyed her in the first chapter. All around this has been a good read. Also, I shamelessly admit to coming here looking for smut, but was impressed and stayed for the story.
Grindylowe chapter 1 . 10/9/2011
Thanks for saving me so much time spent in 1) digging through other Portal fics, because I'm not going to find a better one than this, and 2) writing Portal fics, because I usually write what I want to read but can't find. You've written exactly what I want to read, so thanks for saving me the effort of trying to produce it on my own (and likely falling well short of what you have done here.)

Your Wheatley and your Chell are both just lovely and perfect. I can't wait to see where this goes. Thank you so much for sharing this with us.
Angelia chapter 1 . 9/28/2011
Wow, I loooooooove this story~ I don't think ive read another portal fanfic that actually keeps wheatley as a " king who lost his kingdom" it's very unique, refreshing, and very well worded. I'm dying for more...
Neon Starr chapter 1 . 9/25/2011
:O ... ... ... While procrastinating on my schoolwork I'm behind in, I'm listening to all the of GLaDOS quotes off YouTube, including the ones from Co-Op... Did you get the name of this from the removed Co-Op monologue? :O "Okay, fine. Let's all act like humans. 'Look at me. Boy, do I love sweating. Let's convert beef and leaves into energy and excrete them later, and go shopping.'" ... ... ... Cool... I love it when people use really specific and/or removed quotes for FanFics... :D You earn a ATLAS-style hug. XD
Alanna Rain chapter 3 . 9/24/2011
My God. This has to be the BEST alternate ending Portal fanfics I've read. Your large vocabulary is refreshing, the way you mix the science-fiction theme of Portal itself and the philisophical ideas of what it means to be human is astounding. You write for Wheatley perfectly (Good ol' Meatly...I nearly died at that part!) and Chell is cold but still friendly, the best balance for her character. Plus, thank you for keeping her mute, it kind of makes me mad when people wave a magic wand and suddenly she can talk...

The scene with the hallway also struck a cord with me. That's the first time someone has used that idea and it seems very likely. The part with Wheatley remembering being plugged into GLaDOS and her "lies" was very tangible and real.

Please, PLEASE continue this story! It is, as I've said before, the best Portal 2 continuation (and human-Wheatley story!) I've read so far!
zabchan chapter 3 . 9/21/2011
loving this fic. it just keeps getting cuter. I really like wheatley's introspection, and the idea that since he's been restored to a human body he's a bit sharper, a bit more complete in himself and able to think outside his programming.
cloudgirl9 chapter 3 . 9/21/2011
sosososososo cuuuute! 3

Love the story - update soon please!
Reko-chan chapter 3 . 9/21/2011
I've been cruising for years now, and this is the first time in my entirely life I've ever left a review. And, oh my goodness, is it ever worth it. This has got to be the best Portal fanfic I've ever read. You humanize Wheatley so believably, and I love how you portray Chell, too. It doesn't feel like I'm even reading a fanfiction. I feel like I'm reading a genuine continuation of the game. Your characterization is spot-on, the development flows so smoothly and naturally, and the pacing is most excellent. You're doing a fantastic job on this, and I cannot wait for more! Thank you for what you have written so far!
Katta chapter 3 . 9/19/2011
Enjoying this! Hope you stick with writing it, you've a great story going :)
73 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 .. Last Next »