Reviews for The Missing Words
Justin-OLTL chapter 1 . 4/2/2012
I had tons of free time today, so I was looking for something to read and I chose this story because it sounded so truthful and powerful. And I was not disappointed...

First off, I love the simple titles to each chapter. It really hits you and it becomes a great description of what you're reading. This story had me going every which way emotionally. The ending was so sad, but yet it complimented the rest of this story nicely. This story also had a flow that was easy, and relaxing to follow and enjoy.

I really enjoyed this writing! Nice job! :)
Rainstorm55 chapter 26 . 3/31/2012
Being prepared for unspeakable pain is no promise that it wil hurt less...this tale was very beautiful. I'm saddened by the ending of course but heartened at all the other imaginative tales you share with us.
Rainstorm55 chapter 25 . 3/27/2012
Your beautiful descrption of William has the haunting song "Old Souls" from "Phantom of the Paradise" running through my head. "Our love is an old love, baby..."

I hope you'll Youtube it if you haven't heard it because I think it matches this dark, lovely story perfectly.
Rainstorm55 chapter 24 . 3/13/2012
I really like the use of "father's suspicion, mother's intuition" in this chapter. I hope the babe will be okay and look forward to reading updates soon.
Rainstorm55 chapter 23 . 3/1/2012
Aw, I wish Todd could see that when he leaves her, especially with no explanation, that it DOES hurt her. Maybe then he wouldnt do it. :(

But I'm glad William is healthy. :)
Rainstorm55 chapter 22 . 2/5/2012
Tenderness AND excitement, with loving and then labor. I love the honest affection in this chapter with him holding her. I hope all will be OK And that LArry can deliver Wiliam. They deserve to finally be happy with their baby. :)
Rainstorm55 chapter 21 . 2/5/2012
I love the detail of them discussing baby bames for over an hour - it's very true (IMO) to them that they wouldn't rest until they found exactly the right one. I hope this persistence is indicative of what's to come in their relationship. :)
Rainstorm55 chapter 20 . 1/27/2012
I love the detailed images of him bulldozing and renovating the room to cope with all his eagerness and nervous energy. Can't wait to hear the baby name contenders.
Rainstorm55 chapter 18 . 1/19/2012
This could be a stand-alone story it's so moving.

It's wrenching to me that he's destroying things that are hers, but let's face it, she probably would never have wanted to sleep in that room again anyway.

"They were living the same nightmare, but on different pages of the same book."

What a beautiful line, and though Marty's in tears here it gives me hope that she might be even a little farther along the road to recovery so she can help him along too.
Rainstorm55 chapter 17 . 12/21/2011
This chapter has much pain, but also hope. It's ironic that such a scary experience is making Todd realise how much he loves her and the babe. Maybe the fear will make him step up and be the man and father he wants to be.
Rainstorm55 chapter 15 . 12/21/2011
I really like that Marty's angry with him and not afraid to show it. I love that she told him to man up and deal, because he needs to.

It's also excellent that Todd is scared, but wiling to try, not just for Marty but because according to your characterisation he always wanted to be a father.
Rainstorm55 chapter 14 . 12/21/2011
The imagery in this chapter is really original, re. the burning sheets and Todd burning the pregnancy test. I love how you're able to show that Martys not ashamed or blaming herself, but that all is not sunshine or lollipops either.
Rainstorm55 chapter 13 . 12/21/2011
The touching in the chapter means a lot to me. Touching releases endorphins and oxytocin (bonding chemical), and goodness knows both Todd and Marty need lots of TLC.

The last image is my favorite, of her both comforting him and being comforted by him in the same gesture or hugging him while laying her head on his shoulder.

I'm off to see how they manage sleeping arrangements...
Rainstorm55 chapter 10 . 11/12/2011
Nooooo...the last line has such foreboding. I hope Todd is not making a suicide plan; that he wouldn't try and do that to Marty, himself, or them.

Trevor S.J. once talked in an interview about how much Todd hated himself, and this tale definitely shows Todd's demons in all their grinning malice.
Rainstorm55 chapter 9 . 11/5/2011
I literally sighed over the last line and read it over and over and over.

This last line makes me think of the romance between Scheherezade and Sultan Schariar in the wonderful miniseries of "Arabian Nights" that aired many years ago. He's dark and miserable and she flatly refuses to leave him. I hope you'll watch it if you haven't seen it!

I find it very true that Marty is drawn to all parts of Todd; I guess her burgeoning feelings wouldn't really be true if she didn't.