Reviews for A Terminal Case of Irresponsibility
Jasmine Jacobs chapter 1 . 6/1/2013
Teeheehee! You portrayed Rarity very nicely. Keep writing!
Malady Marksonne Malaprop chapter 1 . 4/25/2012
Would you consoder this to be RariDash? It seemed that way to me, Especially the part at the end.
jman377355 chapter 1 . 12/15/2011
Very good one-shot. Really liked the interaction between RD and Rarity.
amimizunofan22 chapter 1 . 10/8/2011
Your explanation of your inspiration was quite amusing. I'm always amazed at the random thoughts and tiny inklings that spur creativity in people. Thanks for sharing that!

While I think that Rarity has enough sense to realize that EVERYPONY gets sick sometimes (thus averting the premise of the story), part of the fun of writing fanfiction is that you can take some liberties if you feel like it. I think you did a good job of keeping her in character aside from that, though. Even Rainbow Dash seemed pretty true to form. Admittedly, you threw me for a bit of a loop-I have never even thought about the fact that Dashie and Rarity have one of the weakest bonds of friendship out of the Mane Six. But hey, more seasons more opportunities to flesh out relationships, right? :)

I never really have any constructive perspective on Derpy, Vinyl Scratch, or other ponies whose personalities are almost entirely community-constructed because, well, there's no canon to refer to, really. My subjective opinion is that your take on them was amusing. I was listening to some Renard music for much of the time I was reading your story, and this made the part with Vinyl Scratch even more fun to read. XD

I laughed so hard at Rarity's reasoning for hating hospitals. I had been trying to figure out what sort of thing caused her so avoid hospitals like the plague. Honestly, I face-hoofed with Rainbow Dash, wondering how I hadn't at least had a vague notion of her reasoning.

Overall, I liked your framework of a cold/flu type of thing for constraining the story to a one-shot. Dashie deciding to "show her friend a little generosity of her own" and Rarity making customized articles and getting her letter in Dashie's drawer of prized possessions really put the story high in my estimation. They seemed like the type of little things that the friends would do for each other during their interactions NOT shown on the show as part of their truly magical relationships with each other. One of the many reasons I became a fan of My Little Pony: FRIENDSHIP is Magic and its community is that the show and the better part of the fan community takes the concept and positivity of friendship seriously. It's not overly saccharine, yet there is a genuine sweetness there to be had at times, and the examples I mentioned above reflect, in my eyes, this theme. Good job; I shall fave this.
Alex Warlorn chapter 1 . 10/4/2011
I should not be surprised at Rarity's shallowness. I really shouldn't. But at least she tries.

An amusing read. Kept me willing to read right till the end. Cool.

Amusing and interesting and taking a bit of a look at one of the groupings not covered in the show yet. Thank you for writing this.
Invalid-Entry-159753 chapter 1 . 8/30/2011
Awesome. A very fun story that wrapped up well. The Derpy and Vinyl cameos were a very nice, and funny, addition. Rarity was a little weird, but Dash was great.

Also, "Suicidal Fashion Queen" is the greatest song title ever.
Some1Else chapter 1 . 8/28/2011
This is a decent, lighthearted story. I have no crits to voice. It is certainly good for a quick read. You have earned bonus points for the Vinyl Scratch cameo. Highlights were how quickly Rarity dismisses Pinkie Pie and the reason Rarity refuses to go to the hospital, which I should have seen coming. One would think a story so short would net more reviews. And that person would be wrong. Anyway, good work.
Quill Inkwell chapter 1 . 8/20/2011
This was a cute little story- I really enjoyed the all the awkwardness between Rarity and Rainbow Dash, it was quite accurate. I laughed good and hard at "Maretrin." It seemed like exactly the sort of pun they'd make on the show. Great work, I can't wait to see what you come out with next!
CanadianSushi chapter 1 . 8/20/2011
Very fun read, and very well done!
I loved your portrayals of Derpy and Vinyl, and Dash felt just about spot on.
Rarity, to me at least felt a bit OOC. She can be vain and melodramatic, for sure, it's a big part of her character. But her aversion to hospitals and deep embarrassment over just being sick didn't sit well with me. If she had some other irrational fear hospitals it would make a bit more sense for her to jump off her roof to avoid going. Though I find that idea stale and tired.
Perhaps you meant to justify it with her sickness really mucking up her decision making, and it seems that's what you were doing. Mayhaps a tad too subtle if so. One more thing, I can more easily see her being upset over throwing up rather than just being sick; she seems a bit more grounded than that (but again, being sick may just make her loopy).

It's all just IMHO, though, I admit I've been completely off base many times before. I look forward to your future works! Cheers!
Jasper Sealights chapter 1 . 8/20/2011
WOW. That was rad. Lmao.

Of course, I love how Rarity freaked when she realized her attire didn't match her mane, and how she just skipped right over Pinkie Pie when she was deciding who to go stay with. That was grand.

Derpy and Scratch watching her was fantastic, and made me giggle. I also find it interesting that you had Rainbow's castle move like plain ol' clouds do. I'd never even thought of that, but it's pretty neat. And Rarity's jumping in itself was great.

I thought it was very in-character that you had Rainbow be impressed with Rarity's jump. And then Rarity's reasoning for hating hospitals - also very in-character.

It was a great read, and everything flowed pretty nicely. Wasn't rushed or anything. (: Woot woot.