Reviews for A Year to the Day
ShadowLDrago chapter 1 . 4/28
Daaaw, I do enjoy Slice of Life fics, especially with a touch of humor mixed into it, it's fun, it's nice and sweet, and the pacing seems like it might actually fit as an episode of the show.
cuentavorrada chapter 1 . 7/18/2014
Excellent story! I love the personality of Luna! The Princess now has the cutie marck crusaders as their students- beautiful!
nightshy101 chapter 1 . 2/12/2012
I want to hear what happens next w/the CMC and Luna
nightshy101 chapter 1 . 2/12/2012
I want to hear what happens next w/the CMC and Luna
LycanRed chapter 1 . 1/6/2012
I believe I may have had a mild stroke from all the D'aaaaaawww. Aside from that, very well written. I feel it would make for an excellent episode.
PeaceOut
LycanRed
Tallinu chapter 1 . 10/30/2011
All these positive reviews are right on the mark. MeanMrsMustard points out a lot of things that I agree with completely.

I liked the glimpses into Celestia and Luna's past. They were well conceived and added a lot to the story, without trying to create unnecessary details.

Ending it with a 'friendship report', like in the show, was a wonderful touch, and was accomplished quite seamlessly (it didn't feel forced at all).

Seeing the Crusaders get a chance to use their real talents like that is always fun, even if they don't get their marks. At first I was afraid you were trying to make that happen, rushing it along even though it seemed to be too soon after Luna's words to them. I can easily see some adventure like that being the impetus to let them gain that confidence, but I think it will only be when the three of them recognize each other's talents AND their own.

Another story I've read implied that they're holding themselves back because they're each worried about how their friends will feel if they get their mark first. They enjoy their adventures as the CMC, and don't want them to end: "Never stop the journey... until we get our cutie marks". I think that theme fits nicely with this story. Eventually they'll realize that their friendship won't be broken apart by something like that.
9foxgrl chapter 1 . 10/24/2011
"You trashed the party again, didn't you?" Luna asked in a flat tone.

"I did no such thing," Celestia said indignantly as the six other mares present looked at her in curiosity.

"Uh huh," Luna said suspiciously, drawing the attention of the six gown-wearing mares back to her. "Just like the time when a swarm of parasprites got loose in the grand ballroom?"

"There was never any proof that I was involved in that," Celestia said defensively as her student and friends looked to her again.

"And the time all the punch bowls were spiked with concentrated rainbow extract?" Luna asked accusingly, which pulled the group's attention back to her.

"Anypony could have snuck a flask of that in with them," Celestia said, feigning innocence once again as the six turned back to look at her.

"And the time the path to the castle was lined in poison joke?" Luna asked, drawing the six mares' attention back to her yet again.

"Hey, you helped with that one!" Celestia shot back. It was only as she saw the Elements of Harmony looking curiously at her that she realized she'd implicated herself in her last outburst.

LOL I loved it! Luna and Celestia are a riot!
Pokemon Warrior Mew chapter 1 . 8/29/2011
OMG! This is so well written! If you figure out how to contact the creators for MLP FIM, you need to ask them if this can happen in the series! I love this! I was just randomly seaching the MLP fanfics, and I found this, and I'm so happy I did, and I'm starting to talk randomly like PINKIE PIE!

...Ok I think I calmed down a little... I 3 this fic! This is one of the most original-ish ideas on fanfiction I've ever seen! I'M ACTING LIKE PINKIE PIE AGAIN! I love how you didn't make this seem random. If I came up with this awesome idea, I would have no idea of how to make it not-so random! (I'm sorta random... which isn't a bad thing...kinda)

I love this fic!

~Mew
MeanMrsMustard chapter 1 . 8/21/2011
Yay! I was so excited when I saw it on dA! Now I'm super excited because it's on FanFiction and I can actually review it!

First, I loved the "pairing." I haven't seen many fics about Luna and I haven't seen any about the Cutie Mark Crusaders. Luna and the CMC might be unique. I love Luna, and I love the Cutie Mark Crusaders. Together, they're awesomesauce.

I also enjoyed Celestia as a prankster. (Some call her Trollestia, but I don't think I'd go that far.) I thought the concentrated rainbow extract was hilarious. I'm glad you could use it twice without it seeming forced.

Speaking of things that didn't seem forced, have I mentioned the way elements from the series are included? Some fics (and fanart/memes) try too hard to incorporate the original work (*cough* 20% cooler / 10 seconds flat *cough*), but this fic was able to use themes casually, instead of "trying to prove" the author's knowledge of the series. It's like the difference between someone who says sesquipedalian words (often incorrectly) in order to sound smart, and someone who uses them because they're part of their normal vocabulary.)

I loved Luna's encounter with Scootaloo in the forest. I can imagine her as someone who tries to keep casual and not be recognized. Sort of like Celestia at the party, when everyone was being very formal, and she wanted them to relax.

I can see that the Cutie Mark Crusaders will be in good hooves.

Thanks for the awesome story! It made my day. :)
Siriusly Grim chapter 1 . 8/21/2011
That was amazing. I greatly enjoyed it.