Reviews for The Empty Cage
Lunar-Chakra chapter 27 . 21h
I never had much respect for Tsunade in cannon. Sure she has a sad backstory, but so many people have it so much worse and not only recover but thrive. To me she just seems mentally weak, giving in to instinct when she feels like it, and generally acting on whims. The big example is when she poisons Jiraya then at the last second changing her mind and trying to kill Orochimaru.

I'm this story I see the same thread if Logic. She literally causes Kushina to run away from the village. Knowing she was troubled mentally. Then when something worse happens blames Sarutobi. Sure he messed up, but Kushina had been like that for a good while. Why didn't he know? Then Tsunade just up and blames the village and says screw it I'm gonna become a missing ninja. Not thinking of the potential consequences and worsening of relations. I don't want to lose more people? But fuck my teacher, my teammate, my friends, my hospital. I gotta save a mentally unstable woman and help her kidnap a baby with a demon sealed inside. Also while being a missing ninja, also while running from other villages, also raising a child in the road, and also while hoping the woman you helped doesn't just ditch you since she already tried once...

Great damn plan Tsunade.
Which is why I love this writing of yours. She infuriated me as much as cannon version. So we'll done with the writing, very well done.
yinyangfishy chapter 58 . 1/26
Forgot how much I love this story until I reread it. Would be wonderful to see an update some day, but I mainly hope you're doing well!
BrainstormSurge chapter 58 . 1/17
Ah man. I love this story so much and yet it hasn't been updated since 2013. I suspect you've died at this point. It certainly could have happened.

And I mean you said you only had to write about 5 or less chapters to finish the story, and also sounded like you had the general outline finished. Or was that what gave you trouble was completing the story? Talk about tripping at the finish line.

Well if you're not dead then I hope you update before 2020. Hope you're doing well.
Zela Night chapter 58 . 12/27/2017
I have never been motivated to read a story this long, until now.
Please continue this story.
I adore this masterpiece!
I can't decide if my favorite character is Kuushou, Ino or Nagato.
A truly manipulate Kyuubi that doesn't go soft, but still has good point is chilling in a captivating way!
I want more!
BrainstormSurge chapter 11 . 12/24/2017
I do have to give one HUGE criticism for this chapter. If they were planning on arrest and having minimal casualties then why not go in with a quick shadow bind then Gentle Fist? It could have been done easily enough even before he blew the house up. If I could think about that in five minutes surely the Hokage would have. I know you wanted an action scene but here it's just stupid to be honest. Really the only point in the story so far that really seemed contrived.
125berribe chapter 58 . 11/14/2017
Great story. I spent a day reading this. I feel like towards the end Kuushou was less of the focus :( and you had lost the orginial enthuiasm of the beginning and middle pieces of the fix. Plus I couldn't understand Jiraaya change of heart after meeting with the toads. There was just a lot of small nuances that I couldn't help but wonder about. Thank you for writing this, it was so fun to read, plus the Chuunin exam was amazing. I hope you decide to continue or wrap this story up one day because you left this on a painful cliffhanger.
mreweilk chapter 58 . 11/14/2017
The sad realization that there will be no more after burning through a 300k word story in a day and then looking at the last update date...
Skeletickles chapter 14 . 11/10/2017
I really want to like this story, but it's annoying me how little we get Naruto/Kyuubi's perspective.
Typhlosion8 chapter 3 . 11/7/2017
I hate the thought of Naruto dead, or seemingly dead, but I'm drawn in by the fascinating story plot that I had considered before but never thought it had been done. I look forward to reading this!
Zebrina hurts chapter 29 . 10/29/2017
Good chap
Ljonon9n9 chapter 27 . 10/29/2017
King 8n8j
Rando chapter 1 . 10/19/2017
K so this is completely AU then? Like absolutely completely intentionally and irredeemably AU? I'm fine with that.
Random guy chapter 58 . 9/6/2017
And you just HAVE to end it here.
Random Guy chapter 14 . 9/4/2017
The fic pointed out one ofthe most outrageous flaws of reasoning in canon (kumo kidnapping) and then did the same thing itself with Kushina. WTF?!
The Lady Ayla chapter 58 . 9/4/2017
Dammit no updates in four years whyyyyyyyyy
1,899 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »