Reviews for The Empty Cage
Zela Night chapter 56 . 8/19
I'm rereading this story, and I have to say, the plot and multiple perspectives are even more brilliant the second time around. I can recognize more of the hints and appreciate the characterization better than the first time I read this story.
I know chances are you will never finish The Empty Cage, but this is still a masterpiece that stands out among all the many Naruto fics. Thank you for creating this touching, intricate, and thrilling story.
drwx chapter 12 . 7/23
I'm really loving this story so far, there are some things I have issues with, you keep mentioning how Bijuu are so different from humans, but you haven't really _shown_ the differences in a satisfactory way. The only thing you've shown is his disregard for injury (and I feel like you've already driven the point twice as far as you needed by the end of this chapter). The rest of the things are _told_, not shown. This is especially noticeable in Naruto's first person view sections; his thought process is not at all alien like you would expect of a powerful, inhuman immortal trapped in a human body.

I'm writing this review on this chapter because of the A/N. I wanted to mention that what was happening in the fireball technique scene was obvious to me as soon as "the odd sensation" after the technique dissolving was mentioned. This is probably because I'm bingeing the story so the early chapters are still on my mind. I doubt I'd see that so soon if I read this chapter tomorrow.
IForgetMyName chapter 29 . 6/10
Well. That just got hella confusing.
kittiesfrompluto chapter 58 . 6/10
So this is just absolutely lovely and as much as I doubt it at this point, it would be super great if we could get some conclusion.
Soupercan chapter 7 . 5/15
"Ah, Itachi. One of the most fascinating characters in canon, even if he got a rather shitty deal in the end."

If by 'shitty deal' you mean 'died instead of spending a lifetime in agony' then yes.

He's probably one of the stupidest characters in the whole series. Not THE stupidest, because there's a lot to choose from, but one of. For a supposed 'genius' he's incapable of actually thinking, either for himself or things through. Not a single thing he did was worth a damn, and he actively screwed over the SINGLE PERSON he was trying to 'protect'.

Maybe don't go around killing fucking babies just because some far off relative has bad thoughts?

Maybe read up on some psychology before you kill a kid's parents in front of him to 'help' him?

Maybe doublecheck your orders when it comes to mass slaughter of an entire part of the village?

Maybe when you know no one who matters to you will support your choices in the slightest, and they're the people you're making those choices for, don't make those choices?

So many fucking things...

Really? An 'interesting' character?
Tincancan chapter 59 . 1/22
An absolutely amazing read! Thank you for your lovely words.

I see that this story has been left alone for a long time. Would it be possible to do a one chapter summary of plot events to conclude the story? If not that's ok.
Guest chapter 1 . 12/16/2018
Freaking amazing
XXsupremexxDARKLORDxxDAVID1196 chapter 58 . 11/21/2018
when you read a story and it's fucking amazing only to realize it's not finished
thebestofall chapter 1 . 11/19/2018
No Mangekyō ... I don't know what to say. It's pretty bold actually ... damn. Now I'm interested what else you've changed!
Monster King chapter 58 . 11/12/2018
Great job please continue it I hope you have not given up on it
Sage Nameless chapter 58 . 10/23/2018
I still can't get over how good this story was, I'm devastated that it isn't continuing. It's one of, if not THE best story I've ever read.
bananahead1 chapter 4 . 9/5/2018
so naruto is dead and his body is now kyuubis yay
JasperK chapter 58 . 8/9/2018
Loved all the twists in this. :) An interesting look at the potential that all the characters had in the series yet never seemed to get that far. Gotta say what happened to Jiraya cracked me up - the power of a firm belief is incredible. Who is right when all are wrong? This has the potential to be an enthralling maelstrom of a physical war and information battle. Sigh... thanks for sharing what u have so far.
Marie-S-Raven chapter 58 . 7/19/2018
Cliffy!
Hallowtide chapter 58 . 7/19/2018
This story is amazing and shows a side to Ino I really like that’s very lacking in other stories.

Honestly, it’s mean, but I really wish Narutos true nature was hidden until he became Hokage, and when the third was on his deathbed Naruto revealed himself and the Third dies horrified and everyone else but Ino none the wiser.
1,923 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »