Reviews for The Empty Cage
OriksGaming chapter 3 . 2/7
So seemingly Sarotubi could have had Naruto grow up as a hero if he had just announced it as such. Instead, he made the complete wrong decision and let everyone find out through rumors(that were probably spread by Danzo's root in the effort to make Naruto a weapon) which ended up vilifying Naruto and ruining any chance for a childhood that Sarotubi wanted him to have. I can totally see this happening in canon too. The old man seems to make incorrect decisions a lot, and when he makes a correct one, he ends up second guessing himself and/or arguing himself into the other decision.
Bored321 chapter 42 . 2/3
Alright, so this fic is literally the strongest in terms of style and plot that I have ever read. Nothing I've seen so far has matched it, and little can compare to it. It’s not without its flaws*, but it's got many so many things that I love that I can overlook it. Of note is Sarutobi. In canon he’s meek and let’s himself get walked all over, but here he’s the leading epitomized example of complete and utter badass. That, and the sheer irony of anyone in Konoha loving Naruto. Gotta love that bitter irony.

But I'm wondering, in particular, why Sasori turned the Kazekage against his children? What's point of it? Gaara's dad in-canon may be an asshole, but he was committed to Suna. If Sasori wanted them dead, it'd be a joke to do so given he could just sent someone out to ambush them when they're on a mission that's he's orchestrated. Simple.

Now obviously there's a reason for this given it's a major plot-point, but I can't think of a reason as to why he'd do it.

*If this story has a flaw, it’s the Kyuubi itself. Kuushou is so, *so* arrogant and constantly radiating with smugness that he comes across as even worse than (Fate) Gilgamesh. His personality is insufferable and whenever something doesn’t end up going his way, it’s inevitably circumvented. Jiraiya finds he already has the seal that negates Hiraishin? It don’t matter, Ino can’t be killed (I can say with certainty that Ino will not – cannot – be killed off in this fic, she’s immortal from the plot perspective)! The cards are stacked against the Bijuu? It won’t be long before they play the winning hand. What’s this? They’ve managed the impossible and slain the mighty Kyuubi (the worst case scenario, which is nothing to an immortal)? Live the next century like it’s your last.

Oh, and Ino. That was just stale and predictable.
UNSecur chapter 58 . 1/29
It's a real shame to abandon this story so close to the end... I mean, half way through the final arc? :(
UNSecur chapter 43 . 1/28
I've just realized...

Why doesn't Kushou bring in a horde of demons from the demon realm to help him?
Shoetsu Otaku chapter 38 . 1/22
Dragon wouldn't happen to be Shusui would he? Cause the Uchiha do put emphasis on taijutsu, and because we haven't really seen him fight, I can't rule the Sharingan out. And he is never mentioned at all otherwise. That could be that Shusui wasn't a known character at the time this story was written, but I'm kind of hoping it's him.
angel of darknes chapter 10 . 1/14
So you may have already finish this story but in chapter ten you mix up hiashi and his brother is the one on the council
Tyrannitor chapter 58 . 1/3
Wow. Just wow. I never even thought of the possibility of the Kyuubi using Naruto's body as a puppet. And you created an entire universe out of it. This is brilliant. This is beyond brilliant. I truly hope you update this masterpiece. It deserves to be completed.
Pie 555 chapter 30 . 12/28/2015
When Naruto asked if Itachi brought him another scroll it reminded me of how ezio would give leanardo a codex page in assassins creed 2 lol. i like the idea of ninja wearing hidden blades. Itachi would be a boss with double hidden blades lol. If im lucky a update to the story and some new fight scenes might show up...
Guest chapter 58 . 12/23/2015
Brilliant! It took me 2 days but I have finished haha, I wasn't too keen on the beginning and I was thinking of dropping the story as it hadn't held my interest through the first few chapters. This quickly changed and I'm very, very glad that I stuck with it :) . The rest if the story was immaculate, I defiantly recommend this story for anyone, I promise its worth it. Great work x
-Madame Guillotine the Seraph
Really Sincerely chapter 58 . 12/15/2015
I hope you finish this. It'd be a shame to leave a story like this unfinished
Inquisitor Dare chapter 58 . 9/11/2015
Maybe it's time that the 'Free Bijuu' got some... reinforcements from the demon realm. Just a couple, maybe one or two.
Iryelb chapter 58 . 9/10/2015
It has been quite a while since I last read this story I was many chapters behind, I'm not sorry that I had to reread the entire story because I couldn't remember what had been happening because it's just as good as I remember Although it would be nice if you updated Swapping the Cage too. I'm really digging the way the story keeps twisting and turning. I'm almost totally sure that nobody is going to be able to convince Kushina of the truth now.
Nobody Smurf chapter 4 . 9/4/2015
Poor Shizune. I do wonder what happened to Kushina and Tsunade.
Nobody Smurf chapter 3 . 9/4/2015
Koharu and Homura are antagonists because they are Danzo's sock-puppets, but I think you wrote this before that detail came out. :p
Nobody Smurf chapter 2 . 9/4/2015
This is an interesting AU. I get the impression that Gamabunta suspects, or even knows, whats up.

As for canon Tsunade, ninja don't seem to be the most rational or stable bunch of people. The term 'ninja scale of crazy' comes to mind.
1,737 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »