Reviews for Snape's Oceans
sparklygreen chapter 35 . 9/16
I should read more books like this. Stories with less action, more healing and ordinary life. I feel more hopeful about my own tendency of depression because of this. Seems that one cannot fix everything by "thinking right", sometimes time is the only thing that makes it possible for you to heal and FEEL right. Okay, a bit deep, I know. More mundane business: I don't know if I am the only one who gets agitated by sudden time leaps in a story. I understand completely why the first chapters are important, but somehow the "twenty years later" makes me go crazy. Would the meeting of Lily have worked as a flashback? I don't know, propably not. Just... be gentle when you do jump forwardI wished Severus would have talked with Minerva on Hugo's graduation. I would have shamelessly sacrificed the whole wedding-scene for that one conversation! Haha. But I'm a sucker for their friendship anyway. Lastly, thank you for making some sense about the whole Hermione-marrying-right-after-the-war-thing. And please, please tell me how to contact Mama Alevizos! I shall ask her to adopt me too.
LissaDream chapter 1 . 8/12
Really, really beautiful story. I loved how you portrayed Ron so very much. Brilliant. Brava!
Dec chapter 23 . 8/8
I did not see that coming. **Claps** Well done dear author, well done. You add complexity to the supporting characters of the story and greater shade nuance to the story through them. It was very powerful how you had Snape connect with Hermione's children, even in a way she had not.
Dec chapter 13 . 8/8
What an exquisitely beautiful scene. Yes you described so many of the feeling massage can evoke so well. And for me that is just with a professional therapist the intensity of being massaged by someone you have such a history with would be a whole other level. Great work!
Dec chapter 12 . 8/8
"Figs are a prelude to Lemons"
Bahahahaha! Seriously loving your story. I get a very strong sense of the island. I like that you did not feel the need to make Hermione and Ron's relationship a failure to make room for the later SS/HG meeting.
Leyla90 chapter 35 . 8/4
Okay, maybe I should have stopped weeping, before I start typing my thoughts on this damn beautiful story. I have read quite a lot about this pairing by now and I think I finally found my favourite one. Why? Because it is both light and easy reading, but full off in-depth details one can only know if having experienced dark times themselves. Life can be an ugly bitch, however your whole story states that there is always hope for a brilliant, beautiful life, even if its not visible at the moment. Thank you for making me see that again!
NYCUtopia chapter 1 . 7/15
Just WOW. Pretty speechless for now.
Barton81 chapter 35 . 6/21
Beautiful story! thank you for writing. I loved your understanding of grief, of massage, of letting in a new partner and new parent. I loved the decency of Ron and the creation of Hugo as an 'Empath'. The small descriptions of running, yoga, food, fish nurseries, piano learning, etc. added richness. The dialogue was witty and subtle. Hermione's "ball of worry for Hugo coated by a thin membrane of anger and his response" stood out. good picturization. The character of Mama is endearing, especially with her surprise wizard knowledge. You built drama and reader engagement without inserting shocking R-rated events, as less sophisticated writers do to create suspense. Diverse characters who all have goodness. What a treat. One suggestion. The language fluency didn't seem believable, except for SS in Modern Greek, since he lived in Arkoi 20 years. HG, Mama, Hugo, Piki, etc. would be limited. SS's translation of the Odyssey, from Ancient Greek? Who taught him that language? I also wonder how SS financed his stay in Arkoi.
Please continue writing. You really have a gift.
deedeebug chapter 28 . 6/20
Your author's noted on this chapter are as wonderful as the story itself.
Ladiefury chapter 35 . 6/4
This story just made my whole day. I cried at its beauty. Thank you.
leighroberts chapter 28 . 2/25
The concept of STUG that you illustrated here helped me more than any other thing I've ever read in dealing with my mother's death. It's been over five years, so the attacks are less frequent, but it still happens. You gave me a tool for understanding them, and with that in hand, I know when to bolt for the ladies' room if I'm at work.

This and "Enough" were both helpful overall, but this moment in particular sticks with me verbatim, helping me time and time again.

Thank you so much.
This iss an absolutely lovely Story, thank you!
Sattwa100 chapter 35 . 1/22
My second reading of your wonderful story. It is definitely one of my favourites. Thank you.
Lady Reese Kightkens chapter 35 . 1/12
This story was a little different from what I expected, but I still really liked it. A lot of fanfics take place within 10 years of the war, but I think that it was wonderful to see a more mature Severus and Hermione. Even though their age didn't make much of a difference as far as the theory of magical persons living longer, I liked that they were more mature and not as rash as young people normally are. You did a good job keeping them a little spontaneous and free spirited, but it was definitely refreshing to see a story that didn't involve jealousy or miscommunication that a younger couple tends to have in fanfiction. It was so nice to see that there was a true love between Ron and Hermione and the life they built before she finds Severus. Although I am not a huge fan of Ron and Hermione ending up together at the end of HP, you did a good job making me like their relationship in this.

Even though I did feel a your characters were not as canon as I had hoped for, I still really liked how you wrote them. You did a good job leaving in their key elements (like Severus' sarcastic comments and Hermione's curiosity), but softened them just enough to make the relationship work correctly. And the relationship you built with the kids involved was so beautiful, I was nearly in tears of joy at those little interactions.

Overall, great job. I really enjoyed this, so keep up the good work!
PulchritudinousPain chapter 35 . 12/3/2016
There was a thread of calm and nurturing throughout this story that was so beautiful that when the finale came it didn't feel as though the story ended for the characters, but that their lives had become entwined and enriched. It's a lovely feeling to be left with. Thank you for this lovely gift.