Reviews for Snape's Oceans
leighroberts chapter 28 . 2/25
The concept of STUG that you illustrated here helped me more than any other thing I've ever read in dealing with my mother's death. It's been over five years, so the attacks are less frequent, but it still happens. You gave me a tool for understanding them, and with that in hand, I know when to bolt for the ladies' room if I'm at work.

This and "Enough" were both helpful overall, but this moment in particular sticks with me verbatim, helping me time and time again.

Thank you so much.
This iss an absolutely lovely Story, thank you!
Sattwa100 chapter 35 . 1/22
My second reading of your wonderful story. It is definitely one of my favourites. Thank you.
Lady Reese Kightkens chapter 35 . 1/12
This story was a little different from what I expected, but I still really liked it. A lot of fanfics take place within 10 years of the war, but I think that it was wonderful to see a more mature Severus and Hermione. Even though their age didn't make much of a difference as far as the theory of magical persons living longer, I liked that they were more mature and not as rash as young people normally are. You did a good job keeping them a little spontaneous and free spirited, but it was definitely refreshing to see a story that didn't involve jealousy or miscommunication that a younger couple tends to have in fanfiction. It was so nice to see that there was a true love between Ron and Hermione and the life they built before she finds Severus. Although I am not a huge fan of Ron and Hermione ending up together at the end of HP, you did a good job making me like their relationship in this.

Even though I did feel a your characters were not as canon as I had hoped for, I still really liked how you wrote them. You did a good job leaving in their key elements (like Severus' sarcastic comments and Hermione's curiosity), but softened them just enough to make the relationship work correctly. And the relationship you built with the kids involved was so beautiful, I was nearly in tears of joy at those little interactions.

Overall, great job. I really enjoyed this, so keep up the good work!
PulchritudinousPain chapter 35 . 12/3/2016
There was a thread of calm and nurturing throughout this story that was so beautiful that when the finale came it didn't feel as though the story ended for the characters, but that their lives had become entwined and enriched. It's a lovely feeling to be left with. Thank you for this lovely gift.
Guest chapter 28 . 11/25/2016
Wow, that was powerful.
Guest chapter 27 . 11/25/2016
Love it. Teary eyed.
Guest chapter 26 . 11/25/2016
I adore the kids, especially the way they are with Severus
Guest chapter 25 . 11/25/2016
Omg, love it.
Guest chapter 23 . 11/24/2016
Love it. Love his interactions with Rose and Hugo
Guest chapter 22 . 11/24/2016
This is my favorite chapter so far.
Guest chapter 19 . 11/24/2016
How utterly sweet and romantic...for him.
Guest chapter 17 . 11/24/2016
I love mama
Guest chapter 16 . 11/24/2016
Yesssssss
HatakeQR chapter 35 . 10/15/2016
Beautiful story, well-written!
Glad he found closure with Lily and began a life without guilt and atonement. Glad he found out how it is like to be a son to a loving mother; to have friends that accept him as who he is; and to be able to overcome his insecurity, his wounded and broken heart, and found the courage to love a woman again. Love had crushed him; but only love can heal him.
Love Severus' interactions with Harry and Draco; twenty years are a long time. It is wonderful for him to know that his presence is greatly missed by people in the wizarding world. Not just the fact that he is a war hero.
Thank you for this fantastic piece of work!