Reviews for The War to End All Wars
dauntlessmockingjay24601 chapter 6 . 2/15
I really liked this fic! The way you recounted how WW1 started with the nations' POV was splendid. Great job.
I would've really liked to see how you would've written how America got involved, though. But whatever. Great story. :)
Nomadic Defender chapter 6 . 2/10
I actually like the way you characterized Hungary. She's not a yaoi crazed manic with a frying pan, she's a skilled fighter (with a frying pan)
As well as the various ways you displayed the events leading up to WWI. Your historical references are on point as well as the way you mentioned the glorification of war by all the nations. My heart goes out to Australia and New Zealand for when war time actually comes around and they're childish fantasies die, India for her fight for independence and for Canada who'll never get the recognition he rightfully deserves. Great job.
NightFrostBreeze chapter 6 . 9/23/2014
I loved that story! Honestly it's the first one I've read that gets both the history and Hetalia's signature charm right on the mark! I really wish you would continue it to cover the while war tho...
Zeivira chapter 6 . 5/4/2014
Totally love this! I'm gonna start studying WWI in a month, and this was the perfect introduction. I loved specially chapter 5 and 2, those two were incredible. I read this while searching the facts, and you made it perfectly to understand. A pity that you didn't do all the war, It would have been awesome, though It would have taken you a long time to write.
Anyway, direct to favorites!
(Sorry If I made any kind of grammar mistake, I'm not a native English speaker!)
Ink Stained Quill chapter 6 . 4/13/2014
OMG this was soo good! I loved it! And thank you for not forgetting the British colonies. Everyone always says Britain and no one ever remembers that the British and German African Nations, India, Australia, and New Zealand suffered as well. (Of course, I'm Indian so I'm the slightest bit biased but whatevs.)

Ink
TwoSidesOfACrazyCoin chapter 6 . 2/12/2013
Go Canada! yay!
Gist chapter 1 . 2/11/2013
It was the Black Hand that killed franz-ferdanand of the austrian-hungaryian empire.
That was the name of the group LOVE EM!
Guest chapter 6 . 11/25/2012
Oh, wow! I learned quite a bit from this fanfic. It was much more entertaining than a history book! Your action scenes were brilliant, and I love the meeting with Britain and his colonies.
Thank you for writing; please keep up the good work :-)
91RedRoses chapter 6 . 10/14/2012
Ah yes. Reminds me of the Horrible Histories WW1 account on how silly everything was. It was a stupid war that didn't need to be fought and yet was fought anyway. And then it lead to a lot of really horrible deaths and trench warfare and mustard gas, etc.

Enjoyed the Hetalia History. Loved how only Canada knew who/where Belgium was and he was ignored. And then the colonies only got in on things because they might get to see France fall in the dirt. What a truly noble cause to send your people to war for. :)
Guest chapter 2 . 12/20/2011
wow. I finally understand world war thanks to this fic
LovelyToMeetYou chapter 6 . 11/10/2011
This was interesting and very well written, I loved it!
violonforte chapter 6 . 10/21/2011
I LOVE THIS. THANK YOU FOR EXPLAINING THE SARAJEVO INCIDENT. -)

I love historical fics very much! And you just made this part of history so much more unforgettable. I can even explain how WWI started to my non-Hetalia fan friends and make them understand! :o

And it just makes remembering the order of involvement in the war much, much easier. And I don't even have any test to study for! It's just going to be stock knowledge! And it's rare for the actual history of a country not your own to be pasrt of your stock knowledge. ))

Thanks again! Great fic. :)
Sarah chapter 6 . 10/8/2011
Hey there!

Love this story! You characterized all the countries so well!

Please write more stuff I can read! :D

love from Sarah
Charlotte64 chapter 6 . 10/1/2011
Hi there!

This is defenitly one of my favourite stories. It is in a very hetalian style and gives this Oh-shit and face-desk feeling you sometimes get, when you look at history from a greater distance but it is still funny.

Please keep on writing. I don't mean a sequel to this here, (though it wouldn't hurt) but other stories too. You have some brilliant ideas and ways to build a plot. English isn't my native language, so I can not comment about the style, but it looks good to me. This whole thing starts with Austrias musing and ends with his and Hungarys thoughts: Are you sure we did the right thing - Just load your gun, Hungary

That kind of closes the circle.

So: thank you for your good work!
MissAleatory chapter 6 . 9/22/2011
This is so awesome, I can't even explain. It's absolutely perfect relating to the actual historical situation.