Reviews for Coup D'IaHB: The Sun, Moon and Stars
Guest chapter 9 . 9/9/2002
Hey, great storie, except that I was just a

bit bothered that Caitie kept getting pregnant...

anyway, keep up the good writing Maureen! I've read many of your inahb fics and their all great!

Your the best inahb fanfic writer out there!:)
Joshua chapter 9 . 4/30/2002
Lauren,

Beautiful...you have a beautiful story here. I could not have done a better job than to simply say that everything in this fic was well intentioned from start to end. Now having read the entire chapter, I realized how much writing means to you...

The best part was the ending where Jamie realized what kind of life she wanted...even if something in the past worth sacrificing is tempting enough to try out. Also, I love how you got Jamie and Catie out in the rain: it certainly brings out the best for those two.

I love this chapter. Don't ever give up on this. You have a gift.
Joshua chapter 8 . 4/30/2002
Lauren,

You certainly have a knack for creative story telling. I get the feeling that this fic is a special one because it includes a bit of holiday and religious symbolism. I am just curious: unlike the previous fics up until now, you have shown your support of your religion...any particular reasons? As I think this is a positive approach that needs not to be dismissed from what you want to talk about, I am not sure how the story relates to a specific religious song (unless you were announceing to a new reader of who you are).

P.S. I am simply being honest here and wouldn't mind a feedback on this one.
Joshua chapter 7 . 4/30/2002
Lauren,

You know, it's funny: as much as everyone is very happy when a couple is married, it always turns out to be the typical story of sharing two people's love for that one celebration. Take it from me, I hope that my wedding will be very uplifting and enchanting enough for too much fun and happiness on that special day. :)

I couldn't have done it better myself with choosing out the song. As far as country music has carried itself, Moulin Rouge has championed itself by simply stating it exactly to the point with simple statements that means the most to an individual.
Joshua chapter 6 . 4/30/2002
Lauren,

Wow. I really like this story. Everything is so uplifting and it showed a lot of heart in the matter of looking past obstacles and hard times by simply breezing on through the good things in life.

The other thing I liked about this story was that it was kept in a simple tale...something deeply meaningful to read, but simple enough for a moment of "kickin' back and relaxin'".
Joshua chapter 5 . 4/25/2002
Lauren,

As it seems to be the case: you giving Jamie a hard time in "real life" situations and still keeping him alive (somehow).

This story is well deserved in keeping at pace what's happening for Jamie and everyone (important enough) around him. The song definitely rings true to the story. I could actually relate the song and the story in parallel contrast to what's predicted ahead for the next fic. :)

Of course, you know me, I adore the ending!
Josephine Rayne chapter 9 . 4/23/2002
Great story! Very well written and i just loved it! great job
aztawa chapter 4 . 4/23/2002
Maureen,

Now that the actual story begins, I think it's a great start! I'm just ever so curious to reasons why Jamie is taken a lot of hassles and put downs when I see him as a positive role model. ;) But I'll give you credit to the comparison between him and Billy. I find the songs relating to this story interesting and most intriguing: the story is moving along in "real life" situations which the song shows the frustration of the situation. Very clever and well done. :)

aztawa chapter 3 . 4/21/2002
Maureen,

Seeing that this was a short fic, I am beginning to realize how much there are between Catie and Jamie. I can't wait to read some more later on on what all happens between the two. Good way to put a conflict between the audience of what they see of Catie/Jamie and Catie/Jamie themselves. (Hope this made sense)

Out of curiosity though, I noticed that the songs are on a sad/depressing side while the story tends to blend in with happy endings; was wondering if there was something behind all of this

aztawa chapter 2 . 4/21/2002
Maureen,

I feel like this second fic is is better due to a fluency of events that made sense. Not to disregard the first one altogether. I liked how you set up Catie's bf between a "rock and a hard case" so that he had no way out.

You can be a very solid spokesperson for women's rights and all that pro-choice theme!

aztawa chapter 1 . 4/21/2002
Lau-er...Maureen,

I have no idea what all you want (and how I can compare to your regular group), but I guess I'll do my best as a devoted reader. :)

I thought, overall, the story was really good. Interesting how you chose to take a sequence of events that revealed what was happening in the present tense. You have a good way to getting readers to focus on your story with this.

Also, I thought the song was perfect for the sequence of events. Why is it though, that I get the feeling you will be hard on Jamie? :P