Reviews for Running Parallel
Polly Cy chapter 21 . 2/20
Brilliant, as always. You have a real gift for defining emotional context. Some writers excel at dialog, some at setting, some at description, some at plotting, and you are certainly more than capable at them. But your real talent is for something much more rare and elusive. You create a mood, drawing the reader in by a skillful use of ambiguity. That drives the reader to concentrate on every word, every nuance, and appreciate your writing on multiple levels. Lovely, lovely work.
Morgan Stuart chapter 21 . 2/9
This is such an elegantly crafted and subtle work of art. Each time I reread a section, I see something new to appreciate. The characterizations are spot on, and I love the continuity that flows between these works, both in the characters' back stories and their future possibilities. "Chapters" is one of my favorites.

Heartbreaking, insightful, and utterly gorgeous.
Ygraine vom See chapter 21 . 2/6
I can't say how much this Chapter has touched me. It's extraordinary, so emotional and so very believable. I love it.
angelolady chapter 21 . 1/21
There you are! And wow, what an ending. You had me scared there. I'm out of practice for your particular intensity! I do hope you're back to stay for a while. TT stories never end, you more.
EveningInHornersCorners chapter 21 . 1/21
Another beautiful piece written in your poetic, sparse prose. I've been told it's a bad idea to write in second person, but you pull it off very well - you have amazing voice.

Part Six, where you describe Tony throwing himself right in there and trying to "save people never meant to live" is my favorite. It's so very true to his character - he was always willing to comfort even perfect strangers, so long as they didn't get on his bad side.

And once again, I love your references to Tony's Catholic upbringing - altar serving and the Rosary.
Dee Grainger chapter 21 . 1/21
Great work. I believe you could have easily wrote one of these shows.
meixel chapter 18 . 7/17/2013
Wow! I just shake my head when I read your stories. They are so amazingly and beautifully written. They add to the series and take it to a much deeper and broader level. It's rare (and insprirational) to see that. I'm happy when people can write a ficlit that embellishes a scene or better yet, gives the reader another episode of a favorite series. Yours transforms the series and puts the reader so deeply in touch with the characters' feelings while hitting on such emotionally charged themes. The images are so vivid too - I could see little Heywood Kirk in pre-Depression era overalls in this farm community sitting on the porch with a very haggard Tony.

And what a sad historical story. Thanks for the call out and considering my suggestion. What a very sad story. We think of things like this happening only today, but clearly mankind has a history of this.

I thought...I had put you and the story on 'alert', but I didn't see this until today when I went on a surfing break. So thank you! And to the other TT writers - I'm so happy to see new material! It's been a while since I checked over here. I will definitely get caught up.
angelolady chapter 9 . 7/8/2013
The atmosphere you create of endless endurance in the Tunnel makes me {{shiver}} in sympathy.
EveningInHornersCorners chapter 8 . 7/5/2013
Brilliant! The passage about his first time alter serving was very poignant. I always liked to think of him as a nice Catholic boy.
EveningInHornersCorners chapter 19 . 7/5/2013
"...her Lancelot and Gawain in shining armour, one with her heart and the other as a sister loves her brother." I absolutely love that line...such wonderful imagery...

What a beautiful've done it again.
Rotary Dial Writer chapter 14 . 6/24/2013
Wow. This is heavy... But you can pull it off, being such a good writer...

Could you do a one-shot involving the woman Tony saved from going down with the ship in the first episode? What was her name? Angela or something...
The Malt Shopper chapter 15 . 6/23/2013
One of the best chapters yet... Your writing is so deep and poignant. It jumps out at me above all the rest...
EveningInHornersCorners chapter 11 . 6/22/2013
This is an amazing chapter...the way you describe the event over and over, each time differently, must have taken a lot of work. I commend you...
EveningInHornersCorners chapter 14 . 6/22/2013
One of my favorite chapters. I love that every word is so well-chosen, and very compelling, at that. I have to smile through my tears, so to speak, when I read this. So very bittersweet...Nicely done!
EveningInHornersCorners chapter 16 . 6/22/2013
I really loved this chapter; so beautifully melancholy, really tapping into their deepest feelings. Wonderful.