Reviews for Only Human
Fi Suki Saki chapter 1 . 1/21
I love fic that shows how important Baby to Dean ! xD (although we all know Sam is his first precious, Impala only get the second place.)

Sam's POV was Great !

And I love when Sam stopped Dean from smoking.
NoilyPrat chapter 1 . 11/25/2014
awwwwwwwwwwww... very sweet. Great story for when they first got back together. Like it.
KilianaFelagund chapter 1 . 10/17/2014
:) that was really great! loved Sam's distress over the car, it was cute. Thanks
Noxbait chapter 1 . 9/9/2014
Loved this so much! Nice and unusal tag to Wendigo. I enjoyed it! It was fun to have Sam lose te Impala lol! Whoops. All of it was written so well. Poor Sam, feeling like crap and lookin for Baby while Dean tries to simmer down on his own. Nice interactions between the two of them with a sweet, very typical sort of brotherly resolution. :-)
sapphireswimming chapter 1 . 6/16/2013
Really enjoyed how this one set up the relationships between the brothers and the car. Filled in some blanks for when Sam was at school. And really laid out Dean's mindset well during that little outburst when he confronted Sam about the missing impala. It all came together very nicely.
jessi chapter 1 . 7/16/2012
Great story! Bad Sam for almost losing the Impala.
Jimelda chapter 1 . 4/2/2012
This was actually way too cute. I laughed at Sam calling the Impala "she". Yup, Dean is definitely rubbing off on him. Loved that last sentence too; it was killer. :)

Swellison chapter 1 . 11/21/2011

I read this again from Karen's Community page of SPN goodies, saw the title and couldn't resist. I know I meant to loc after the first time I read it, but didn't get around to it. Anyway, I really liked this retreat back into season 1, early season 1 at that. Lots of fine elements in this - Sam suffering through a hangover after drinking, pissed off Dean, the (gulp) missing Impala, and the "kindness of strangers" component w/Jimmy the barkeep. I also liked how Sam quashed Dean's smoking. Way to go, Sammy!

I am so missing Dean's baby from the current season's eps - hope she comes back soon, and that we're not missing anyone else, either. I want the boys and Bobby to spend Thanksgiving together, is that too much to ask for? (Sorry, went off on a season 7 tangent to rant.)

Great story, glad I stopped by to re-read.

ILETUDRIVE chapter 1 . 9/3/2011
I loved this. The Impala means so much too Dean you can practically feel the fear and confusion that Sam was spending most of his day with. Hungover to the nth degree or not there are some things that can cut right through the pain. Dean on a tear would definitely be one of them.
amyblair chapter 1 . 8/30/2011
She is part of the team. And Dean smoking? K! I'm totally telling on you... going to the dark side. Next thing I know you'll be putting AC/DC lyrics in your songs...
Paralelsky chapter 1 . 8/29/2011
I haven't read many drunk Sam stories, but this one is really good in showing that he too is fallible and might resort to the bottle from time to time. Of course, the hangover will probably keep him from a repeat experience for a long time. I like their slow knitting up as a team, which can be seen only in the first season. In the fifth there's too much distrust and then they just fall into place and in the sixth, it's all ok the moment Sam remembers.
Nana56 chapter 1 . 8/27/2011
So ... the bartender felt getting Sam into the cab at the end of the night because "it was the least he could do" was because he'd let Sam get really plastered so much that he couldn't drive? Sam didn't save him from anything, right?

Thanks for having Sam get rid of the cigarettes! Ugh!

Dean loves the Impala a LOT! But he ultimately loves Sam more. :D

Good one. :)
LittleLurker chapter 1 . 8/25/2011
Loved it. Everything of it. Dean's angry (desperate) reaction in the beginning and a little sulking towards the end and Sam's desperate search for the Impala. You certainly have a knack for details and it makes your stories just so much more believable.

My favourite line is the last one, though - all brotherly love and concern:

But Sam couldn't help notice that in his fussing over getting Sam inside, Dean didn't give his car another glance.

Thanks for another great read! D.
WreckedSolitaryHere chapter 1 . 8/24/2011
Brilliant, once again!

And I must say, I loved the part about Dean smoking. Not because I encourage smoking itself, but simply because it does make sense to me if he did smoke, considering the stress-filled lifestyles of hunters. And I believe Dean alluded to possibly having smoked before in the season 2 episode, "Born Under a Bad Sign."

I really loved this story, well done :)
Madebyme chapter 1 . 8/23/2011
I loved this! Where the hunt is referencing the search for the Impala and not a motw hunt.

I think you did a great job slotting this into an appropriate time-line, with Jess's death still fresh and Dean having just escaped a close call. Because while in later seasons it wouldn't be that much of a big deal for Sam to be heavily drinking, in the earlier seasons it would be cause for alarm.

I loved how you alluded that Dean's fear was linked to Sam taking off and having a drinking binge rather than the car going missing, that was very Dean like behaviour as was his little outburst to Sam at the beginning - his body language and gestures were spot on.

But really as always with your writing, the boys take centre stage and their relationship shone through. Great fic! Take care, Abbi
47 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »