Reviews for Mass Vexations 3
Chris7221 chapter 48 . 4/3
So, that's the end of the trilogy. And man, was it an epic trilogy.

Mass Vexations 3 certainly upped the ante over MV2. I actually didn't mind the darkness- it seemed appropriate.

It wasn't a perfect fic. I was deeply disappointed to see Kai Leng at full cutscene strength, and I had very mixed feelings about Isaac Clarke especially early on. Towards the end, I felt the scope of the war was never really felt and the ending felt more than a bit rushed. And after all the buildup with supernatural elements, the Prothean's superweapon was shockingly conventional.

Author Appeal was quite clearly still the name of the game, but it wasn't as egregious as past fics. It was painful but satisfying to see Art screw up and get knocked down a peg- it felt like the conventional SI was being subverted hard at those points.

And we had some epic moments. Sometimes sad, sometimes happy, sometimes in the middle and sometimes final. At times, a little convenient, but still epic. I liked Legion and the geth/quarian arc, and the Protheans too.

I think Mass Vexations totals over a million words. That's probably more than I've ever written, and my hat is off to you for accomplishing that in a reasonable timeframe. That was a hell of a trip by any measure.

On a final note, it occurred to me that the ending could segue nicely into Mass Vexations Andromeda, but of course this was written long before Andromeda was even conceived.
Ungh, Cerberus Syndrome. Why the fuck must it be so popular? Started off as pretty light hearted then got corrupted into angsty drama. If we wanted something dark we'd have read something else.
Ultimate Student chapter 47 . 4/23/2016
I cant keep reading. Sorry.
Ultimate Student chapter 14 . 4/22/2016
The fucking idiot. Thats all ill say.
Ultimate Student chapter 11 . 4/22/2016
Im not one to like gay or lesbian pairings, though im not the kind of guythat says its wrong since honestly, you ship what you want. But you are the first writer that makes me feel the feels with a gay pairing so congrats. Even better, a human/alien one!
Ultimate Student chapter 10 . 4/22/2016
Mitsuki Shigamatsu chapter 29 . 3/25/2016
Turian husks ahoy...
Mitsuki Shigamatsu chapter 7 . 3/25/2016
Well that explains the limbs...
ArmedSammy123 chapter 1 . 10/20/2014
So, I was gone from this site for a while and until recently stopped writing fanfics. However after coming back to the site I realized one last little mistake I made, I never got around to finish reading MV3, I know stupid of me isn't it? Anyway after reading your prologue again I'm already psyched to read the rest of this story, your writing style still amazes me Herr, can't wait to see this adventure and then move on to that new story you're writing now.
PoseidonN7 chapter 48 . 8/27/2014
Woo I'm the 600th review! You wrote a masterpiece of fan fiction my good sir. For the last month I have read all three "mass vexations." Your writing made me feel a lot of emotions; happy, sad, and angry the most. Especially near the end. You hit me right in the feels. I wanted to cry so bad because I love the original characters so much and you had to kill them off when they were so close to finishing the fight! Overall I'd give the story a 10 out of 5 rating on awesomeness! Still dislike it when my feels gets hit though.
Jirali chapter 35 . 8/24/2014
Best name for a ship EVER!
Jirali chapter 34 . 8/24/2014
Sigourney Weaver as Miranda Lawson... I'd watch it.
Gaga Hax chapter 48 . 8/24/2014
Okay, I've shared my opinion with you throughout the story and at this point there isn't much I can really say. It's been a hell of a ride and, as you've pointed out many times, fun times were had with it.

And while I essentially got what I was asking for in the ending, what with Art and Tali settling on Rannoch (and hey, Legion's alive!) I have to say it's very much bitter-sweet, with a big fat emphasis on the bitter. It is MUCH better written than the original ending(s), but it's so much more sad. It's like the orginal one threw a pile of shit on you, but gave you hope that the Galaxy is on the way to becoming a better place, while here the trilogy goes out in a monumental explosion and our heroes head of into the shitstorm that is their future. Well... You make do with what you have, I suppose. The political points make sence, mostly. I still think that liberating the batarian homeworld should have gotten humanity more points than that with the batarians and basicly sacrificing their homeworld should've gotten them more points with the galaxy as a whole, though.

Anyways, it's been a wonderful read over the last month and I'll take this opportunity to thank you once again for writing this.
Gaga Hax chapter 41 . 8/21/2014
God fucking damn it! I bet you're enjoying my suffering over there! Oh my god! Damn it, damn it, damn it, damn it, DAMN IT! You just HAD to do that to both of them, didn't you?

I the original scheme of things Kai Leng takes the life of one crewmember, but here? Ooooh no... Not one, not two, but three! FUCKING THREE! And what an unclimactic way to go too! Good god! Couldn't you make it any more painful? I mean, seriously? Jesus Christ! I didn't even shed a tear! Much unlike that other time many chapters ago. It just makes me fucking angry. Why, just why? Good grief, just tell me, why? Oh god why? Why?! Damn it why?

And while I'm not taking back anything I said just now. I will apologize in advance in case some of that sounded too harsh. This by no means affects my opinion of you, or your writing, I'm just extreemly pissed right now.

I... I'm going to need some time some time to come to terms with what just happened. I'm probably breaking that promise I made in one of my reviews.
Jirali chapter 31 . 8/19/2014
Life before death: The Radiant seeks to defend life, always. He never kills unnecessarily, and never risks his own life for frivolous reasons. Living is harder than dying. The Radiant's duty is to live.
Strength before weakness: All men are weak at some time in their lives. The Radiant protects those who are weak, and uses his strength for others. Strength does not make on capable of rule; it makes one capable of service.
Journey before destination: There are always several ways to achieve a goal. Failure is preferable to winning through unjust means. Protecting ten innocents is not worth killing one. In the end, all men die. How you lived will be far more important to the Almighty than what you accomplished.
Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination. -The First Ideal of the Knights Radiant (Art is well on his way to this. Well maybe not the last one, but still.)