Reviews for Happiest Moment
randoom chapter 1 . 8/29/2011
It's a pretty short piece, but I like it because of that.

The one thing, that is a bit undescovered is why did Snape say sorry? Was he really sorry to kill Regulus? If yes, why did he "kill" him at all?
sydneysages chapter 1 . 8/21/2011
This sounds really bad, but with the short time frame between you accepting the challenge to write it and then posting, I wasn't expecting much.

I was wrong.

I'm really sorry for thinking that because this was absolutely fantabulous! I especially love Regulus as a character and the way you wrote him was absolutely perfect! It really seemed like Regulus to me.

"I considered playing dumb, but decided against it. For the first time in my life, I was truly proud of what I had done. I hadn't done it on someone else's orders. I hadn't been frightened into doing it. I had done it because it was the right thing to do. And that felt damn good." this was my favourite part of the entire fic. I really, /really/ loved the way that he had his happiest moment be the moment when he didn't give up the locket's location in an attempt to help on the fight against Voldemort, even though he wouldn't be there.

It was extremely sad for me to realise that he knew that he was going to die but he didn't seem depressed or try and elongate his life at all; he simply got on with it & accepted that it was going to happen & he may as well go in a way that would help the others. "I had hope that perhaps someone else would figure out what was going on and end it. And, if not, I was okay. I was proud. I was happy." I love the way that you ended the fic with this quoted section, because it really made it fit that it would be his happy moment and that he desired the world to be a better place without Voldemort. It also shows his maturity, since he knew he was dying but he fgot over that. (and now it sounds like i'm analysing a book in english lol)

I really loved it...

- marking:

canonness with the book - my own word now. (10/10)

it was utterly perfect and how I imagined Regulus’ death to be/ his happy moment – it sounds weird to be saying that his death was his happy moment, but the way that you captured it & made it seem, in so few words, that he knew that his death would mean a chance to defeat Voldemort (though it didn’t work lol) and that was his happiest moment made it utterly work. I half expected his happy moment to be something with Sirius, but I'm really, /really/ glad that it was this – I'm repeating myself now!

- how in character it is (10/10)

Something about the Black brothers, as now both people who have written them have had them utterly spot on! you characterised him absolutely pitch perfectly & I couldn’t imagine him any differently!

- spelling (1/1)

Whilst “realized” is a mistake to me, I understand that it isn't in America, therefore you get the mark :D

-grammar (1/1)

No grammar mistakes that I could see & it stayed in tense so you get the mark.

-whether or not it stays in POV (1/1)

All heartwrenchingly regulus’ pov /sobs/

- other things I think I should give you a mark for (1/1)

The QWC here is absolutely outstanding. I love the way that you had me absolutely in the fic with Reg, absolutely able to imagine being there with him. I can almost see him slipping under the water with the Inferi pulling him & the fact you are making me almost cry now shows I would give you 10000 points if it wasn’t unfair to the others that have already been given extra marks in this category.

Therefore, your total is 24/24 – another full marks! Congratulations!

Thank you for entering (feel free to enter again lol since that was outstanding) and if you have any questions about the way I have marked, please let me know. Also, I would like to confirm that you are comfortable with me posting your score on the 12th page of the forum topic, along with the others?

Vicky xx
2spiffy chapter 1 . 8/21/2011
This was great! I've never thought much about Regelus though he is a pretty major character! I think you got his personality perfectly! And the whole scene was great!