Reviews for The Prisoner's Cipher
Schlepian chapter 9 . 7/9
Enthralling, unsatisfying, thought provoking.

Definitely had me hooked from chapter 1. It's rare that I am very excited to consume a fanfic, and yet within 8 hours of finding this, I have finished.

The ending was pretty apparent and yet you made me hope there was going to be a happy ending. Poor Hermione.
Koi19 chapter 9 . 6/29
Can't remember my password but here we go;
Initially I thought the duality Harry lacked was the existence of Voldemort as a foil. Harry's foretelling came at the height of Riddle's inhumanity letting Harry be the embodiment of the highs and lows of human passion and compassion. Lacking what was good in his soul came as a surprise. I admit, I didn't believe Neville and the others, even after he killed the auror at Ron's place and for a few short moments thought it was Albus. He planned to end his life but didn't have enough balance in himself to go through with so he needed Hermione and took the abomination that Dumbledore became but also couldn't bring him to end with him.
Hermione tried so hard.
They could have made it work. T-T
...seems a little pointless. Harry loses part of his soil to save Dumbledore, who he then ends up killing. He also forces Hermione to sacrifice part of her soul to save him, but he then kills him self immediately afterwards. What exactly was the point of this whole thing?
Maitre Inquisiteur chapter 9 . 5/31
That's amazingly well written.
automaton14 chapter 8 . 5/23
On the other hand this story got me so emotionally invested that I'm genuinely pissed at the ending. So pissed I started ranting immediately at my roommate. Well done, excellent artistry. Ugh.
automaton14 chapter 9 . 5/23
Oh fuck that ending. Completely and totally rubbish. Seriously, what is wrong with you? It makes zero sense. Why fight Dumbledore if he's suicidal? Why go through the trouble to fix his soul and fuck up Hermione's if he's just going to off himself? This is the lamest piece of crap I've ever read and it cheapens the story.

It's not even a story at this point, it's just an exercise in futility, masquerading as some faux-deep metaphor about our humanity robs us of our humanity. That ending is wrong, you wrote it wrong and you deserve a better story than this. Get some help. Go see a doctor, you depressed emo of a person. Gah fuck this.
FireAndSteel chapter 9 . 5/21
Really good, bit of a dead ending though
Goku685 chapter 1 . 5/20
holy shit, this was an amazing story!

ending made want to kill you painfully though.

very.

painfully.
Goku685 chapter 1 . 5/19
well you're a pussy, why don't you review that on your actual profile?
You can't be serious. That's it? What the actual fuck? That's the most bleak and heartless story I've ever read. I kept waiting for some light to creep in, but Jesus.

This story is an allegory for either severe mental illness or the nature of evil; I can't decide which. It's not about despair. Despair can be overcome. This is the kind of thing you read before you grin and shoot up a school.

You should have been honest with your readers from the start. Don't label this shit as 'adventure' or 'mystery.' This shit isn't even 'dark.' It's disgusting and depraved. Do us all a favor before you snap and talk to someone. Anyone.
Crushcrush12 chapter 3 . 5/15
Estoy en shock
Gammabeta99 chapter 9 . 4/29
How I adore a good tragedy. Very well written.
1414artemis14 chapter 9 . 4/28
This was a truely one of the most unique and inter intriguing stories that I have read, absolutly beautiful!

Keep up the good work!
gginsc chapter 1 . 4/14
Some creep named Ilovehermionegranger is stealing your story! He/she uploaded a few hours ago. I have reported it.
renextronex chapter 9 . 3/24
your fic is brilliant, although I feel that from chapter 7 you drag it a little bit too much and I didn't understand the "the world will never be the same" part at the summary