Reviews for The Prisoner's Cipher
Natascope chapter 9 . 11/22
Wow. Had to stop a couple of times during the reading just to take a brief break. But yeah, very well done.

Based on the story, it seems like it will be a very difficult road for Hermione from where this ended, but for this story, this definitely feels like the right place to leave it.
Mark chapter 9 . 11/20
Bit of a disappointing end. Made all the experiences they went through seem pointless. I do wish the story revolved around the characters more and less about the mystery itself. The first chapter really drew me in, it's just a shame that the story went off on a tangent and never returned.
gator4798 chapter 9 . 11/19
I honestly don't know what to say. A very emotional story. Especially this last chapter. Thank you for taking the time to write this. I read it in an evening, I'll be thinking about it for days.
wordhammer chapter 9 . 11/15
The story is ended, except that shouldn't be the end of all of the story. It ends the mystery and resolves the 'what went wrong and how can it be made right', but there are holes that remain.

Hermione survives, borne to safety, but we have no clear idea how she'll return to society and explain what's happened and why. Part of me even wonders if Ron is still alive or if Hermione would return to him after all she went through. The training Hermione exxperienced puts her in a strange place of understanding magic and runework and the essence of the great powers wielded by Albus and Harry- what will she do with that?

Sure, the Prisoner's Cipher has been broken, but the story started and ended with Hermione, and you haven't finished her transformation.

I guess I'm just pining for one more chapter- well done, in that case.
LWJ2 chapter 9 . 11/14
Quite a different story; I'll not say it was enjoyable, it is, however, fascinating. Thank you for writing and sharing it.
Ariana Peverell chapter 9 . 11/7
Genius. Simple genius.
Erratus Enigma chapter 9 . 10/21
As I finish my foray into this story, I realize that not only the ending was expected- because it was, the entire story was building up to it- but also comforting.

While reading this last chapter, wandering thoughts kept creeping in my mind.

'How will they behave after the procedure? How will society-their world accept them, Hermione and Harry, so similar, yet so different?'

In a strange way, I suppose Hermione created Harry back from bits as much as Harry did her. Who is the monster, in this case, and who is Dr. Frankenstein? Both.

'Duality', Hermione breathed, in reverent awe. Duality.

This entire story was about it. Almost everything happened in a convoluted, möbius-strip line of events, and in the end I'm left feeling like the circle formations describing Harry's life (past, present, future) would make a remarkably good job describing this story. Circles, upon circles, upon circles. Several events leading different places, but a part of the same initial path-beginning to end, left to right, always, always...

I digress.

This was definitely a breath of fresh life (hah!) in this fandom, so refreshing in the wantom, chaotically imposing aura Harry projected for most of this story. It's...very rare to see any decent representation of darkness (Not evil, never evil-just *chaos*) in this website. I've grown rather tired of the faux-dark, faux-evil I've read, but this...

Yes. Or no? Maybe.

Sorry, this story did strange things to my thought process. ('Revealed, didn't create.' Well, bluh.)

The characterization was spot-on. Of course, I have no qualms in admitting that there wasn't really a spot before for me to compare-such as it is in fanfiction, where familiar faces are mutated and stretched and deformed beyond their confines into completely new, alien beings. Your characters were themselves, but they really weren't. Does that make any sense? Not an ode, but a new, faithful creation.

I fear if I continue this review, I may end up juggling banana-ponies in the sky.

I would give this story 9 out of ten five stars. Would definitely read it again! But not so soon, never so soon. My id psyche is fragile enough as it is.
EpilogueLover chapter 9 . 10/13
Too metaphysical...what now? Epilogue please ... Where and what is the Ron and hermiones fate now?
conan.lagace chapter 9 . 10/13
Enthralling, beautiful, awesome. Good job.
Simianpower chapter 6 . 10/4
OK, now I see the point of the story... and don't care. I'm out. It was mostly well written, especially the battle scene in the last chapter, but it's just not what I'm looking for. 6/10.
Simianpower chapter 5 . 10/4
I don't think that "craven" and "wizened" mean what you think they mean. You misused both a few times in this chapter.

I'm now more than halfway through this story and still don't see a point to it. That's never a good sign.
Lunaliceazreal chapter 1 . 9/26
Very interesting
Arcturus chapter 7 . 9/20
"the shudders' racket ceased" shutters'
"A deep shutter wracked his body" shudder
"not in any other tomb or book" tome (tome rhymes with home, and means an overlarge book; tomb rhymes with womb, room and flume, and means a crypt or sepulcher for burial.
"And cruelness of it" cruelty
booklover19a chapter 9 . 9/18
That ending though omg I was not expecting that! From a literary point of view it was so fitting and it read like a real book's ending because it made the reader feel for all of the characters. It made me really sad, though. Both Dumbledore and Harry died, and all of Hermione's work went to waste. Although now that I think about it, that could have been planned and just been a reason to give Harry and Hermione closure.

I loved how you revealed Harry's past through memories in a pensive. Also, you writing was AWESOME! It was so good that I marathoned it (during school, nonetheless).

Keep writing!
old-crow chapter 9 . 9/12

As all of the other readers mentioned, it wasn't the ending that I was looking for, but I understand your perspective and suppose that Harry can pass on having been made whole again.

I was hoping for d different outcome when Fawkes arrived. Dang.

Thanks for sharing your work with us.