Reviews for The Prisoner's Cipher
omh666 chapter 9 . 10/9
Huge props on this story. And even greater thanks for the awesome read.
Scabbers1957 chapter 9 . 9/28
Holy molie, this was just bloody epic. It's good to see a original story for a change. I'll add this to my story favorites.

Paskuda chapter 9 . 9/28
I find it impossibly difficult to discover some decent works as of late, even those that have billions of reviews are full of shite. So I was pleased to find this one, it's the second fic of all I've read that has Harry actually committing crimes of what he's been accused and held prisoner for. Can you believe that? And as of Azkaban stories there are none whatsoever. It always features the innocent lamb Harry. So thank you for this story, it was really enjoyable. As for the ending, it left me slightly confused at first. For the last couple of chapters I was positive that Harry's plan was not to retrieve his own soul but Dumbledore's, using Hermione for good measure (I doubt he could feel anything for her or Ron, or anyone else, before the ritual, except for Dumbledore maybe) and the last cycle of runes was just an insurance if he was not dead after the procedure, as it was going to left him a mindless animal. But than happened chapter nine, and the only theory I'm left with is that the whole point of the ritual was for finding and bringing back Dumbledore and finally finishing them both. He might have changed his mind after the successful procedure but it was too late at that rate.
ATiredDude chapter 9 . 9/22
Wow. I just finished reading this, so I'm still reeling, still thinking, still identifying exactly my emotions. What I know for sure is that this is my favorite out of the literal hundreds of stories I've read on here. I felt a lot of emotions while reading this, a wide margin of it being awe and sadness, but there was happiness to. I will forever remember this, and as I shakingly leave I must say this. Thank you. Thank you for writing and sharing, that was a spectacular experience. I hope you have a good day.
Ibskib chapter 9 . 8/18
In part it's nice to see this completed, but I'm not really a fan of how it ended, just as things became a bit hopeful, it ended with despair and a fade to black, with that kind of ending it should have been placed under the tragedy genre, this chapter could also have used a tad more proofreading:

Leglimency - Legilimency

desperation desolation - desperate desolation

it's most prodigal pupil - its most prodigal pupil

casting veritable - casting a veritable

loose your soul - lose your soul
Ada1229 chapter 9 . 8/2
The Harry of this story felt a bit like a magical Hannibel Lecter. Also this feels unfinished. I'd kinda like to know the aftermath as you imagine it. Also Harry gave Hermione Stockholm Syndrom which is feelings of trust or affection felt in certain cases of kidnapping or hostage-taking by a victim toward a captor.
The conditions to bring about such a thing are as follows

perceved violence upon one's self, Hermione thought Harry was the killer (and rightfully so) which was backed up by him attacking Aurors including her husband, so sh had no reason to believe that she wouldn't hurt her.

Some small kindness from the captor, in this case he kept her alive and relitively unhurt.

Isolation from others aside from the captor, in this case he locked her in a room.

Percieved Inability by the victim to escape, In this case she believed the room to be inescapable due to the numerous locks both magical and non.

Now these situations don't ALWAYS produce Stockholm Syndrome victims but considering she got to be pretty sympathetic to his situation and then at the end actually mourned him I'd say thats Stockholm Syndrome at its finest
mckertis chapter 9 . 7/26
Was there a point to this story ?
mekareami chapter 9 . 7/18
I had a feeling this was not going to be a happy ending. Thank you for writing and I hope real life permirs you .to to engage in more fanfiction writing in the near future.
Fishbiter chapter 9 . 7/11
Gave off a kind of Jekyll and Hyde feel with the duality and everything, I liked it. Thanks for writing the story!
The Lightning Bandit chapter 1 . 7/2
So far this is very interesting.
sometihing something conlanging something.
K chapter 1 . 6/20
Pretty damn good. And How Hannibal Lector of you :D
Jamr chapter 2 . 6/17
This is just "A Know it all" story don't interest me a bit
atymer chapter 9 . 5/30
None of us are immune to falling into permanent darkness. If we have faith we might struggle with atonement and guilt. We may rise to make amends, or give into despair. Sometimes we become a true monster which no regret can ever touch. Harry needed Hermione's faith and goodness to end both the 'heroes' of their war. Heroes are human after all and war leaves much darkness to fester in it's wake.
Well written story. It left me sad.
Fainfan chapter 4 . 5/29
Wow. I'm pretty lost with what happen in the third memory