Reviews for The Prisoner's Cipher
BetaBot chapter 9 . 6/20
Clap clap clap. Well done.
Ashes Ascending chapter 9 . 6/14
Wow - this story was an amazing, thought-provoking ride!
Deathday Party Planner chapter 9 . 6/14
A truly marvelous AU Harry Potter fan fiction story, I have added it to my all too few favorite. You are a wonderful story teller, with empathy and power your muse wove an enthralling tale! Thank you for sharing your delightful talents.
RandomShtScinceWhenever chapter 9 . 6/4
Dear god, this was an emotional roller coaster. It was amazing. Great job. I wish I could write half as well as this.
jon reeve chapter 9 . 5/26
/Brilliant!

/Except, why did you have Harry tell Hermione that he thought Dumbledore had killed himself? Did he lie or did he really believe that? Later on he says he always knew that Dumbledore was alive, so with that in mind, I don't see how lying to Hermione about it served his plan.

**SPOILER**
***************
***************
/It was when he said that, though, that I realized what the ending would be. He couldn't, wouldn't, kill himself when his soul was broken, but after it was healed? It seems to me the whole point of this was that he wanted to die before he became something worse than ole Voldie. He also probably knew what his reaction would be when he had his duality fully restored. He did say "almost" all his good was given to Dumbledore, after all. Harry's residual "good" was powerful enough to see this through to the end. Bravo to him; Bravo to you.

Thanks for writing.

P.S.: I wasn't going to review because you had exactly five-hundred reviews, but I forgot that with my previous review. So, here's #502.
jon reeve chapter 8 . 5/26
"Prongs, who had lied dormant for so many, many years, came bounding with inexorable majestic pride, loping elegantly out of his wand and careening gracefully after the otter, his long lost friend."

/Shuddup! I'm not crying! I was eating some spicy food.
flyster chapter 9 . 5/23
but... but why?
Why all of this? Just to die like he was before..
Goddammit, this was awesome.
nightwind21 chapter 9 . 5/22
pls report Arsene Wenger if you guys like this story because he is a plaigarising peice of crap.
nightwind21 chapter 1 . 5/22
if you love this story pls report arsene wenger for plagarising this story and many others. pls and thank you.
carick of hunter moon chapter 9 . 5/19
Story rec
A Crime Fitting the Punishment or Dumbledore's Monster (Posion use)
By: Diresquirrel - id: 8854828

review: this is all in all a very diffrent story idea, (well done) which is well thought out and as it develops holds the reader intrest, which to me new idea and holding intrest is the key to writting a good story
HeartsGlow chapter 6 . 5/17
I had been thinking that Harry's constant talk of Duality, and shadows, meant that there was Harry and a "shadow Harry" that was evil and maybe couldn't function while Harry was behind the DoM wards. Turned out to be quite different to my thoughts on the matter.
HeartsGlow chapter 5 . 5/17
BLOOPERS! "dried blood at that spot, the only thing remaining of her old Head of House"...how is that when it was McGonagall who called the Aurors when Harry turned himself in? Then, in this chapter you say Hermione was deep in the castle with others holding the Wards and did not see what happened in the courtyard, but in an earlier chapter she described in her thoughts, the look on Harry's face when Dumbledore fell. So, how is it that she was in two places at the same time?
loreine chapter 9 . 5/12
The story was amazing! One can easily read it in one breathe, even though some of the magicks explained were complex enough to need careful consideration. I only am not of the ending though: why did Harry die? From what I gathered, he had already inscribed his ignitability in advance, therefore he planned to die anyway. This is not surprising given the state of supreme torture he lived through on an hourly basis but if so, why did he have to go to such lenghts? Depriving Hermione of a portion/state of her soul, to instruct her month on end...and then die anyway.
I suppose he may have wanted to feel purified, a benediction of sorts, one last gulp of remorse but still seems a little bit far-fetched.
Hope you continue to write stories, be it fanfiction or your own brand of published fiction.
Jakky567 chapter 9 . 5/11
This is such an odd but good piece of work. Interesting take on soul magic though.
Shahismael chapter 9 . 5/9
A very well written story. Good characters, cohesive flow of plot and excellent imagery. I especially love your take on runes and the language of them.