Reviews for The Prisoner's Cipher
John Spangler chapter 9 . 9/7
What a magnificent story!
JayBat chapter 6 . 8/31
So let me see if I have this right. No horcruxes here, right?

1) Through isolation, deprivation, and brainwashing, Dumbledore crafts Harry into a ascetic emotionally detached Jedi super-warrior monk with no life purpose except to kill Voldemort. (That's *bound* to turn out well!)

2) Harry commits the unspeakable necromancy of returning Dumbledore to "life", using a fraction of somebody else's (Harry's) soul, so the resulting construct will not be Dumbledore at all. A step up from an inferius, I suppose, but an altogether evil act. Zombie Dumbledore wakes up in shock and horror to the unimaginable emptyness and loss of being separated from his soul, and immediately kills himself.

3) What's left of Harry is an ascetic emotionally detached super-warrior sociopath. Apparently nothing useful of Harry is left, he doesn't even murder bad guys, only his former friends.

4) Harry is about to kidnap, torture, and murder Hermione's loved ones and other innocents until Hermione agrees to split *her* soul, because he thinks having a fraction of somebody else's remorse and compassion will make his life better.

Well, now!
fanficfan1981 chapter 2 . 8/22
makes no sense that only reason why she thinks it was Harry is because he knew everyone that was killed.. who did everyone that went to school and the same year... the factory used potions in a tricky way he was never good at potions... the story is great but the logic is balls
Eleets1125 chapter 9 . 7/21
Welp... I was right... that was, I believe an exceptionally written piece of fiction. The ending which I believe is the most disliked going by the comments honestly had no other realistic outcome. When considering the character of the whole intact soul of the individual being healed, the agony of knowing what he had done and the knowledge of what he was capable of would crush anyone.

Anyways... on things I would have liked to see...
The ending is abrupt and I would have liked some closure even a couple paragraphs on Hermione's return and the ramifications of her absence.

Also I would love to read a story that follows the timeline of this story up to the point where Harry tries to resurrect Dumbledore. The complexity and elegance of magic in this story is beautiful. Most HP fanfics pretty much just use point and shoot magic with no depth and this is a travesty. If you contemplate what magic, in the context of Harry Potter, really is, the ability for humans to manipulate the very reality they exist in, this story comes far closer to exemplifying the true depth of what magic could be if it were real. I especially liked the concept of understanding oneself to the point where you could write out the meaning of your own soul in your own unique language. That depth of philosophical thought on the manipulation of reality and the understanding of oneself is far closer to what I imagine magic would be if it were real.

Thank you for your story.
Eleets1125 chapter 1 . 7/20
I haven't read it yet but I wanted to comment on the comments... Based on the comments I assume Harry does not get a happily ever after... But you know... That's LIFE. There are many many people who will never get a happily ever after. I look forward to the read and whether or not I'll revise my statement here because life is a constant struggle to find meaning. Stories that display this reality are few and far between because everyone likes a happy ending.
Fuck Names chapter 9 . 7/14
What a fucking dogshit, meaningless, and absolute waste of a story. 2/10.
Fuck Names chapter 8 . 7/14
ayo wtf
Fuck Names chapter 6 . 6/21
I'm very disappointed. This has been such a unique and enlightening story so far but this chapter was so cliche and after all the dialogue and discussion, the result couldn't have been more boring. The duality concept was interesting but a soul being divided strictly between evil and good? That's just nonsensical.
Fuck Names chapter 5 . 6/21
What the fuck?
Fuck Names chapter 4 . 6/21
I'm beyond words.
Trey of the rebellion chapter 8 . 1/19
I was going through my favorites list, looking at everything throughout the years I've been on FFnet and opened this one up to reread. I guess that's why I can't review the last chapter. I don't know when exactly I put this on my favorites list, but I must have been a teenager still. I'm 25 now, trying to find my way in the world, and this hit me with such a dearth of emotion. It was nice, and I'm thankful for the experience. Thank you for writing it.
theFreakno4 chapter 6 . 12/5/2021
you are going to loathe yourself, Harry, so badly, when you get it back, you already are trying to, aren't you, Dumbledore's just your horcrux,
DeathToSnakes chapter 1 . 12/3/2021
Rock falls, everyone dies, don't read this.
AnAnya Contd chapter 7 . 9/28/2021
this is the most abhorred version of a character that is inherently so pure that the Polyjuice made from his hair is golden. the mind that conceived this version... whoa!
AnAnya Contd chapter 5 . 9/27/2021
I don't know why I cried. but I cried like I've never done in my whole life. Couldn't stop crying. Can you tell me why?