Reviews for The Prisoner's Cipher
Et hoc est somnium - verum chapter 3 . 12/15/2020
Brillant!
Matt chapter 1 . 11/5/2020
"they poured over the Prisoner's work"
Poured what over it? Water? Milk? Syrup? Wouldn't that make it difficult to read? To pour means to flow in a steady stream. What you MEANT to write is they pored over the Prisoner's work. To pore means to study closely.
deeforthewin chapter 6 . 11/5/2020
Wow Harry. Wow.
deeforthewin chapter 5 . 11/5/2020
Damn.
deeforthewin chapter 4 . 11/5/2020
As the story progresses, I realised how much I had prematurely assumed would be the pattern in this story. You see, and I beg forgiveness, I had gotten extremely cynical with Harry being all-powerful and almighty. This usually comes hand in hand with Hermione, Goddess of Wisdom and Brilliance to prop him up, and together they conquer the world and laugh at poor stupid flubbering blubbering Ron (who never has any strengths and is all weaknesses). The thing is, I like grey characters, but I despise when characters are made out to be a certain way only because it puts the hero in a better light. And that kind of hero, to be frank, should not even be called a "hero" at all.

I was ready to give it up, but if there is one thing that will draw me in regardless of plot, it would be writing. And your writing is marvellous. Gripping and sharp it conveys to the reader exactly what you want us to understand, to feel, to know and I feel that your words and sentences, and the actions and dialogue of the characters are chosen to suit a very specific purpose. I love that.

I love that the power play here is subtle, and portrayed in a way that we know that Harry holds all the cards, that he may even be smarter than Hermione, and a better strategist than Ron. This Harry has many layers, and I adore that.

The story as well, is very intriguing. I love how you took the time to show us just how Harry turned, and how heart-rending that whole change was. You made me sympathise, and empathise, and I was ready to detest this new dark Harry with all my soul. But seeing his memories, seeing his choices wrested away from him. Seeing him as we knew him to be... Gosh.

I miss young Harry. The boy that I recognised.
deeforthewin chapter 3 . 11/4/2020
1) what in the world happened to you, Harry
2) ron and hermione are true relationship goals
3) broke my heart to see Harry use and discard Ron like that
4) Harry reminds me of Voldemort
deeforthewin chapter 2 . 11/4/2020
This Harry is very scary. I realise now that perhaps I had been too quick to judge. Perhaps it's part of this new darker side to Harry to be so unforgiving and dismissive of his once-best friends. Intriguing.
deeforthewin chapter 1 . 11/4/2020
The writing is beautiful. But it makes me sad to hear Harry thinks of Ron as less than an equal. Their friendship was one of the biggest joys in the series.
Marshmallowmann chapter 9 . 11/4/2020
he died as the man and not as the monster. well written. very tragic story.
deeptidevdas.mec chapter 9 . 11/4/2020
Oh good Lord!

This is a magnificent piece of writing. The number of favourites on this story is abnormally low and I'm furious on your behalf. A reddit thread brought me here and never have I been more glad.

Before you continue reading this review, I'll have to warn it contains SPOILERS, so STOP RIGHT HERE.

The build-up of Harry's memories truly shook me. And I was so astounded by the use of Runes to sketch a person's soul. Incredible. It oddly reminded me of Westworld where the essence of the guests are written into a book. It was stunning and I deeply admire your flair for writing what usually remains so stubbornly indescribable. Harry sacrificing his own life at the end made so much sense. He knew it was time to rest and he wouldn't truly be at peace with himself after what his past self did.

Anyway, thank you for this. ️️️
Yuna Nightshade chapter 9 . 10/16/2020
If you ever write a book, i will certainly read it. This was without a doubt the best fanfiction I ever read be it Harry Potter or any other fandom.
Karazik chapter 6 . 8/25/2020
This is turning in to a bunch of nonsense rambling.i hope the rest of it isnt as mind numbingly boring
odonnellzoo99 chapter 9 . 8/21/2020
I guess it was obvious that this couldn't have a happy ending, but this was weird. So was Harry motivated to repair his soul before committing suicide? That is the only explanation I can come up with for what happened.
This is an example of why I don't like to start reading a fic until it is complete. 4 years to get 9 chapters for a story like this would have been a brutal experience.
Anyways, it was creative and the story telling was good.
Thank you for sharing your creativity.
odonnellzoo99 chapter 1 . 8/21/2020
Harry the comic book supervillain?
Roostertheking chapter 9 . 7/31/2020
Harry died?
If he wanted to die in the ebd then why he tore Hermione 's soul... He could hve died just like that... Or let Albus kill him... I don't understand
659 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »