Reviews for Stone Silence
Beautiful
Anon chapter 1 . 7/21/2014
This was really, really good. Very emotional, very well-written, and the twist at the end was great. I wonder what pressured Steven so much that he felt he had to leave knowing how much of an impact it would have on the people around him.
Guest chapter 1 . 8/27/2012
The ending just blew my mind...
LastWingedWolfFlying chapter 1 . 8/1/2012
I enjoyed this, Well done :)
Farla chapter 1 . 10/1/2011
This seems overwrought. You have a landslide blocking the cave entrance, but Meteor Falls, like the rest of the caves in the game, doesn't have a single entrance. You have it taking a year to clear, but there are pokemon that can lift mountains. And however badly people might take the death, I find it stretches my belief to think everything would grind to a halt, all the major trainers would be in mourning, the elite four refusing to take any challenges for a year... This can't be the first time a major trainer died, or something happened to the league champion.

And the twist at the end is somewhat unexpected, but seems incredibly dickish considering the story revolves around how everyone is completely destroyed by his death. If the story had focused on more varied reactions or shown people getting over it as well, it would probably have worked better.

There's also a lot of minor errors - Hoen should be Hoenn, ["Ghosts don't leave." Pheobe murmurs, shivering in her light attire. ] and ["Class dismissed." she says.] should be a comma rather than a period, ["Gone. Hiding from his grief"] needs a period, ["He told me all about Solrocks and Lunatones and he never got angry when I asked to many questions. I should have kept it mommy!" ] pokemon species shouldn't be capitalized and "mommy" should, ["Do you miss him?" He asks the empty house.] shouldn't have "he" capitalized.

In addition, I'd suggest arranging things differently. You often have a line of dialogue and a line of narration as separate paragraphs, which can get confusing to read because it's not immediately clear if the narration belongs to the same person speaking.
Arceus Arcanus chapter 1 . 8/22/2011
A couple of spelling/grammatical errors, (e.g. "it's" "its", "it trainer" "its trainer", "ranger" "range", and using commas/full stops), but apart from that I really enjoyed it. Good twist at the end, too. Hope to see more soon.