Reviews for Neville's Nightmare
slightlysmall chapter 1 . 11/26/2012
I think the Ginny/Neville friendship is one of my favorite "ships" in fandom/canon. It is just so real, and it's one of the few places I find Ginny tolerable. And here, here you have her giving fantastic advice, and really showing Neville that he has something to be confident in. It's a great piece. There is one typo: "you're fantastic as Herbology", but it's all I noticed and overall I really enjoyed this. Great work!
Alohaemora chapter 1 . 6/12/2012
(The following is a prize review for winning Second Place in The "True Colors" Competition.)

This was fantastic. This period of time certainly must have been really, really hard on Neville, and I'm sure he worried constantly about what he would do if Death Eaters cornered him. The idea of him having to drag himself awake from nightmares seems very plausible, and you executed that well.

I really like the connection you built between Neville and Ginny. I'm sure this encounter helped Neville sort out a lot of things. His whole life, he'd been taught to live up to his parents' brilliance, but, at the end of the day, all that really mattered was that he was living up to his own wishes. You captured that very well, here. Ginny raised several very good points, and it was a mark of how well you nailed her personality that she said, quite bluntly, "You can't." It really seemed like something she would say.

Excellent work. I enjoyed this very much!
Ikrona chapter 1 . 8/21/2011
I like this a lot. Neville and Ginny are both in character, and I love Ginny's method of comforting Neville, it really seems like something she would do. Meanwhile, Neville's fears are very fitting, and I love how you explore what the books didn't show in his personal growth. Thanks for submitting this to the contest!