Reviews for DULCE ET DECORUM EST
Taurus14 chapter 15 . 5/4
Thank you for writing this piece, I really hated for it to end. The only thing I was really hoping for, was for Cedric to become unparalysed, perhaps through a reversal of the curse. Loved the Hermione and Cedric pairing, much more so than JKR's pairing of Hermione and Ron, I never really thought those two quite fit one another.
chyaraskiss chapter 15 . 3/27
Still one of my favorite fics, after all this time.
I wish you hadn't abandoned fic writing, but thank you for giving us a rundown of how it would've ended.
Siriusmunchkin chapter 15 . 1/17
Good story.
Siriusmunchkin chapter 11 . 1/16
Umbridge works for Voldemort. Always has. Always will.
Siriusmunchkin chapter 8 . 1/15
Will Cedric remember Hermione mentioning Rosmerta being out of sorts just before Katie and Leanne stopped by the table? Will they be able to stop Draco early?
Siriusmunchkin chapter 1 . 1/14
Learning different cultures and trying to bridge gaps and promote understanding. Cedric is perfect for the career he wants.
Liz chapter 2 . 1/13/2015
I'm writing this in hope that you, the author, will at some point read it and take note. I won't ask you to change your chapter, because I know that you won't. But I must object to you suggesting that religion is some sort of terrorist group. You also related Voldemort to the resurrection of Jesus, and that really is offensive to Christians. Even if your own beliefs differ, that is no reason to put down another's beliefs. I understand that Cedric as a wizard might not be religious, but you have always portrayed him to be an accepting person, and I am disappointed that you've done this.

While there ARE radicals in religion, please do not assume that those people represent their religion. Religion is a belief in a higher power, and that is NOT indicative of terrorism. To make such general assumptions about religions is insensitive to your readers, and can be very offensive. I'm saddened that you feel that no one would be affected by such callous remarks.

I know you probably don't care, and might possibly delete this review, but I need you to know that I am going to stop reading this story. I found it very interesting, but if there is a possibility of reading more of your intolerance, I frankly don't want to read it.
Isis78-13 chapter 15 . 9/5/2014
Well I understand you retiring i am still sad that i just had to read a description of the ending. But i have to say that is far better then just dropping it off. i really like this story and the one before it. I like the wider range of Magic and would have cried my eyes out the minuet Lucy died so I am kinda glad you spared us from that, but only a little bit. This was very well written and probably a story I will read over again, including the first one. Thank you for you work and I hope one day you will retire from your retirement!
Majerus chapter 15 . 4/20/2014
It's taken me awhile to get to this, not that you likely mind, but I'm sorry I didn't follow up my earlier reviews with this final one.
I've read and re-read quite a bit of the story and can definitely say I enjoyed your slow maturation of the characters - they were quite Real to me by this story's end. I'll definitely be influenced in my own writing as I strive to deepen my characters motivations and emotions.
Lastly I wanted to give one more 'Thank You' for sharing your time and your talent.
Yusuke Urameshi - Mazoku chapter 1 . 3/28/2014
One of the reasons I love this fic so much (and your first one) is because you have such a good grasp on the life and struggles of a disabled person. Especially accessibility in Britain. I'm a wheelchair user and I just had a trip there recently and while it's better then I expected; in some ways it needs to catch up still.
Guest chapter 1 . 3/19/2014
Interesting story read the first one and loved it . The plot in both stories were very well thought out and placed that it kept me entertained the whole time unlike most fan fictions . I had hoped you would write more but respect your wishes . Now a days its hard to find a good Hermione and Cedric fanfic so when I read yours I was quite estastic . I would like to thank you for posting both stories and have reread them every chance get since I found them .Again thank you ever so much for writing these beautiful crafted stories you have inspired me to give it a go at writing. Thank you a devoted reader.
Majerus chapter 14 . 2/20/2014
This whole chapter the knowledge that the story is unfinished hung over it like a funeral pall.
Then you went and wrote something new. Something different; a departure from the character/relationship drama that had dominated the story thus far.
Now the last full chapter is a cliffie!
I don't know whether to laugh or scream. Laugh at the irony that you finally broke new ground only to abandon the story or scream at the (perceived) injustice of it.
That aside you've created some great characters and built them into people I care about. I go forward knowing that I will not know the fullness of their story but I offer my thanks for what you did share.
Majerus chapter 13 . 2/19/2014
We're coming to some huge plot points in canon but your AU is at some having its own share of highs and lows.
I'm a bit disappointed with Cedric. He knows how Hermione sees herself, it's very telling just how insecure he is that he would this aside the rare time with her over jealousy.
Hermione showed how clueless she is with her flights of fancy about a future with Charlie! She'd be lucky to make it back to Hogwarts before he was back at the pub on the prowl - a point his own brother made right in front of her and Charlie certainly didn't dispute.
I suppose these character flaws enhance the "genuineness" off them as people, not to mention stirring the story, but it is certainly getting angst IMO.
Majerus chapter 12 . 2/17/2014
The air is chilling to be sure, and as usual I'm really enjoying your alternative perspectives.
There's a lot going on in that girl's head, and that is wonderful. I say that because - for better or worse - there's no way Hermione would not be a deep thinker. The fact that she doesn't make knee-jerk reactions is also very fitting.
Great story!
Majerus chapter 11 . 2/17/2014
Wow, the last lines in the bath were intense. Maybe it just spoke to me, but I really like the symbolism.

And of course the deep seated doubts - Self Doubts - lead Hermione to doubt everything else of worth.
So very sad, yet so very accurate. :(
89 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »