Reviews for DULCE ET DECORUM EST
Majerus chapter 3 . 1/8/2014
I like the way Scrimgeour gradually opens up. Not so much as if he were hiding anything, but rather that he was cautiously feeling out a prospective employee. I've seen similar behavior in job interviews of my own.
I'm super excited about the idea of Cedric both benefiting physically from muggle medicine and helping track DE's using muggle technology.
Majerus chapter 2 . 1/7/2014
The story of Cedric and Hermione continues steadily forward, pitfalls and disagreements aside am glad they talk things out.
Majerus chapter 1 . 1/7/2014
Well you jump right in don't you?
I guess I hadn't seen Cedric act so immature very often - the DoM comes to mind - but he definitely has his moments.
Then in the very next scene he is dealing with one of the deeper issues of life! As a father can totally relate, his situation and the way he tried to handle it felt both heart breaking and genuine.
Hermione having such harsh reality impact her regarding her future with Cedric was a very stark contrast to "normal" life. It's a terrible burden for a not-yet-17-yr-old.

While you get mildly preachy on some subjects (handicapped access) I appreciate both the need and the very real character application to The story.
You have them so comfortable, relating as comfortably and at ease (especially in conflict) that it's a great counterpoint to the doubts so realistically raised.

A very "deep" chapter.
Seerae chapter 15 . 12/31/2013
I have been reading your fiction for years, and it still floors me how talented you are at creating characters who are both very believable extensions of the original canon and incredibly real in a way that has me reflecting on them and on my own life even after I've finished reading. As a bookworm with 'frizzy' hair dating my own personal Adonis, your Hermione has touched me and helped me come to some realizations. Thank you.
fortheloveofb chapter 15 . 11/16/2013
Thank you so much for the closure! You are truly a gifted writer. I like these better than the origi
izzzyy chapter 15 . 10/15/2013
I do so wish you'd finished this, but I wanted to tell you that I enjoyed this and Finding Himself very much. Enough that I just reread them both and think it's a crime you didn't get more reviews - I mean you wrote an entire AU novel. That's impressive! I will miss hearing about the way Cedric views the Muggle world, and can only hope my imagination can do your characters justice. Cheers and thanks for sharing!
Liz 1974 chapter 15 . 7/24/2013
I really liked the stories I I hope one day u can come back to the ff world & write more u will have my FULL support if not I wish u the best in what ever u do :)
mi-shell87 chapter 15 . 6/12/2013
Although I wish that the story could have been really completed, I'm happy that you actually told us how everything would end. I wish more authors would do that, even if it's a few years after their story has been abandoned.

Awesome writing though! :-)
cdd12 chapter 15 . 5/5/2013
Thank you!
MioneandDrake chapter 12 . 4/6/2013
i love these stories so heart renching
fishertowers chapter 15 . 2/23/2013
I totally get retiring from fanfiction, but I want to thank you for telling your readers,how the story would have progressed.

Thank you so vey much for this truly wonderful series.
FT
Noble Korhedron chapter 12 . 12/1/2012
I'm enjoying this, but I'm worried about the ending since you never finished it out... #sad
NemmerlesRaven chapter 15 . 10/29/2012
It's been a fun ride, and I would like to thank you one last time for this series (if your not tired of hearing it by now :). Your thoughtful and incisive writing has reignited my interest in fanfiction, along with the extremely useful "reviews" filter on the advanced search engine. To be honest, I am disappointed, as I'm sure many others are, that you did not finish the story, but I understand that, despite the intense allure of fantasy, the real world matters more :) Your notes nonetheless demonstrate the breadth of imagination and vision you possess, as well as the well-thought out approach you have towards interpreting fanfiction. Certainly, before I began this story, it did not cross my mind that Cedric/Hermione could be a pairing, though you certainly have legitimated the concept. I look forward to reading your other material. Cheers,

Harry
NemmerlesRaven chapter 13 . 10/29/2012
Well, we certainly seem to be moving into very mature territory. It's hard to remember that we're still dealing with teenagers - they sound like they're in their early 30's at least :) Also very intriguing for us teenagers, perhaps a peek into the future. But for now we'll stick with our passions, thank you very much ;)
NemmerlesRaven chapter 11 . 10/29/2012
Again, an enjoyable and intriguing read. I like how you describe sex with one foot grounded in realism, discussing its give-and-take nature. After all, there are a million stories that just consist of heaving moans and endless orgasms, no?
68 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »