Reviews for DULCE ET DECORUM EST
Majerus chapter 14 . 2/20/2014
This whole chapter the knowledge that the story is unfinished hung over it like a funeral pall.
Then you went and wrote something new. Something different; a departure from the character/relationship drama that had dominated the story thus far.
Now the last full chapter is a cliffie!
I don't know whether to laugh or scream. Laugh at the irony that you finally broke new ground only to abandon the story or scream at the (perceived) injustice of it.
That aside you've created some great characters and built them into people I care about. I go forward knowing that I will not know the fullness of their story but I offer my thanks for what you did share.
Majerus chapter 13 . 2/19/2014
We're coming to some huge plot points in canon but your AU is at some having its own share of highs and lows.
I'm a bit disappointed with Cedric. He knows how Hermione sees herself, it's very telling just how insecure he is that he would this aside the rare time with her over jealousy.
Hermione showed how clueless she is with her flights of fancy about a future with Charlie! She'd be lucky to make it back to Hogwarts before he was back at the pub on the prowl - a point his own brother made right in front of her and Charlie certainly didn't dispute.
I suppose these character flaws enhance the "genuineness" off them as people, not to mention stirring the story, but it is certainly getting angst IMO.
Majerus chapter 12 . 2/17/2014
The air is chilling to be sure, and as usual I'm really enjoying your alternative perspectives.
There's a lot going on in that girl's head, and that is wonderful. I say that because - for better or worse - there's no way Hermione would not be a deep thinker. The fact that she doesn't make knee-jerk reactions is also very fitting.
Great story!
Majerus chapter 11 . 2/17/2014
Wow, the last lines in the bath were intense. Maybe it just spoke to me, but I really like the symbolism.

And of course the deep seated doubts - Self Doubts - lead Hermione to doubt everything else of worth.
So very sad, yet so very accurate. :(
Majerus chapter 10 . 2/17/2014
Great perspectives, as usual, I am enjoying Hermione's growth and the subtle changes.
Majerus chapter 9 . 2/15/2014
Good stuff, not quite sure why Hermione is unable to see that the reason he didn't mention Katie is because she was not important - and then when he did it was only in segue. Then again I've never been a teen-aged girl - or a teenager at all when separated from my love.
Majerus chapter 8 . 2/15/2014
Still doing a good job on perspective, with little twists and adjustments as necessary.
Majerus chapter 7 . 2/13/2014
Excellent building chapters. Very good "behind the scenes" with Cedric's POV.
Majerus chapter 5 . 2/10/2014
What an incredibly full chapter!
From the Umbitch to the hottest sex I've read on this site!
From OWL disappointments to reality checks regarding how Cedric is certain to be attacked (or just as likely Hermione).
In both intrigued and worried about what is next.
Majerus chapter 4 . 2/10/2014
Loving the character dev, great job bringing conflict through to resolution with the happy couple.
Majerus chapter 3 . 1/8/2014
I like the way Scrimgeour gradually opens up. Not so much as if he were hiding anything, but rather that he was cautiously feeling out a prospective employee. I've seen similar behavior in job interviews of my own.
I'm super excited about the idea of Cedric both benefiting physically from muggle medicine and helping track DE's using muggle technology.
Majerus chapter 2 . 1/7/2014
The story of Cedric and Hermione continues steadily forward, pitfalls and disagreements aside am glad they talk things out.
Majerus chapter 1 . 1/7/2014
Well you jump right in don't you?
I guess I hadn't seen Cedric act so immature very often - the DoM comes to mind - but he definitely has his moments.
Then in the very next scene he is dealing with one of the deeper issues of life! As a father can totally relate, his situation and the way he tried to handle it felt both heart breaking and genuine.
Hermione having such harsh reality impact her regarding her future with Cedric was a very stark contrast to "normal" life. It's a terrible burden for a not-yet-17-yr-old.

While you get mildly preachy on some subjects (handicapped access) I appreciate both the need and the very real character application to The story.
You have them so comfortable, relating as comfortably and at ease (especially in conflict) that it's a great counterpoint to the doubts so realistically raised.

A very "deep" chapter.
Seerae chapter 15 . 12/31/2013
I have been reading your fiction for years, and it still floors me how talented you are at creating characters who are both very believable extensions of the original canon and incredibly real in a way that has me reflecting on them and on my own life even after I've finished reading. As a bookworm with 'frizzy' hair dating my own personal Adonis, your Hermione has touched me and helped me come to some realizations. Thank you.
fortheloveofb chapter 15 . 11/16/2013
Thank you so much for the closure! You are truly a gifted writer. I like these better than the origi
93 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »